News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Mainahman

Yep. The current longest available promo is the 35% off in lieu of free dining, which expires this December.
Im assuming that a bounce back offer, is just not going to be a thing for a while then too... We like doing those, as sometimes you get suprised. I need to book a trip for June for the other niece and nephew, to at least get it on the books, but not sure really where we want to stay yet. Im afraid after a touch of deluxe, i may finally talk my wife into better rooms then our usual value... so i want to wait until at least we go.

rowrbazzle

Im assuming that a bounce back offer, is just not going to be a thing for a while then too... We like doing those, as sometimes you get suprised. I need to book a trip for June for the other niece and nephew, to at least get it on the books, but not sure really where we want to stay yet. Im afraid after a touch of deluxe, i may finally talk my wife into better rooms then our usual value... so i want to wait until at least we go.

This is what happened to us. We got a good deal through Expedia for two nights at the Poly. The next thing you know we'd bought DVC points there. 😄

I would think they'd be offering decent discounts, at least eventually. Once things start to open up more they'll need to entice people to come back in spite of potential economic issues.

Miss Bella

Our first stay was at the Poly and we never booked anything but deluxe for several years. We stayed at CSR last Summer and the rooms were every bit as nice a deluxe. Disney has done a great job of upgrading their values and mods.

I've seen a few posters booked at the CSR tower get moved to CBR with no refund and they are not happy. CSR tower is closer to a deluxe than a moderate in my opinion. It has the amenities of a deluxe and the inside corridors. I would have considered CBR a downgrade. I'm thankful I got a good CM.

Mainahman

This is what happened to us. We got a good deal through Expedia for two nights at the Poly. The next thing you know we'd bought DVC points there. 😄

I would think they'd be offering decent discounts, at least eventually. Once things start to open up more they'll need to entice people to come back in spite of potential economic issues.
We will see. She came running into my office after the move was done, raving about a soaker tub.... The rides could be changing.

Mainahman

Our first stay was at the Poly and we never booked anything but deluxe for several years. We stayed at CSR last Summer and the rooms were every bit as nice a deluxe. Disney has done a great job of upgrading their values and mods.

I've seen a few posters booked at the CSR tower get moved to CBR with no refund and they are not happy. CSR tower is closer to a deluxe than a moderate in my opinion. It has the amenities of a deluxe and the inside corridors. I would have considered CBR a downgrade. I'm thankful I got a good CM.
We stayed at POP for example before the refurb and after. To me it was completely different. The finishes felt much nicer , just not alot of space.

Miss Bella

I don't think we'll go back again until 2022. Hopefully, they'll be discounts and some normalcy again. We have a trip planned to Japan in April, and I moved our European cruise to next September. Fingers crossed international travel will be normal by 2021.

DisneyOutsider

For what it's worth the DVC rooms at Poly are a definite upgrade from the hotel side of the resort. Might be the best studio rooms in all of WDW

disneygeek90

I will believe when I see it but we have been to the Disney parks during off peak season and some bathrooms are continually busy. One person in the Universal bathrooms?
I've been in several and they've never appeared even half full, most times I didn't even see anyone else. Now that I think about it, that's a theme park first for the Women's room!

Mainahman

GREAT! Now it’ll be even easier to get ahold of someone on the phone! Woohoo!
Peraiatancs is key! Also comendering all phones in the household and trying is also a good tactic. Worked for me! I had one on the reservations line, and one on guest services. Got both at once, and reservations was 2 hours. Guest services was 5

mhaftman7

I don’t get it. I called when they first announced re-openings. 1.5 hours to be told no information is available. Okay fair enough. Call back a couple weeks later. 5 minutes on hold to be told they were currently only working with guests with reservations booked for an earlier period of arrival. Fair enough. NOW you can’t even get in the queue to talk to someone. Sigh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom