News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I don't believe that Disney will push back the reopening for a lot of reasons. I understand why people are ready to vacation there now. For me...I'm not sure it's worth it in the current environment. Restaurants outside Disney are closing because of staff testing positive. Disney has no control over what a CM does during their personal time and having worked in large corporations including many years at WDW Disney can't watch every CM to ensure they are following protocols.
Really the only thing they could do is daily testing, but I don't know how practical or possible that is.

dolbyman

Really the only thing they could do is daily testing, but I don't know how practical or possible that is.
And then you can inform all park guests that had contact with that CM (till end of the shift) that they were exposed to a COVID spreader (if the app supports contact tracing) .. fun times

Miss Bella

what resort were you coming from? Im hearing all over the place on people from ALl stars. some cabins, even though it only has one bathroom etc. Ill take whatever.
CSR tower. She asked me what my first three choices were. I guess I could have asked for Poly or GF but I actually prefer WL.

Mainahman

CSR tower. She asked me what my first three choices were. I guess I could have asked for Poly or GF but I actually prefer WL.
i still cant get through. short of a cabin my only other thoughts for us, would be Contemporary or Caribbean beach. both would be a upgrade but we have a suite for a reason.

Miss Bella

i still cant get through. short of a cabin my only other thoughts for us, would be Contemporary or Caribbean beach. both would be a upgrade but we have a suite for a reason.
Pop, Caribbean beach And CR are the only resorts open. All DVC’s are open. I’ve seen people on another board that were booked in all star suites get 2 and 3 bedroom villas at Old key west. I hope you get a good cm that gives you options.

Mainahman

Pop, Caribbean beach And CR are the only resorts open. All DVC’s are open. I’ve seen people on another board that were booked in all star suites get 2 and 3 bedroom villas at Old key west. I hope you get a good cm that gives you options.
I just hope i get a CM!

Mainahman

If I were going at this time, I would definitely rent a car and not rely on busing.
Were driving as always, and plan to do this. Alot is going to depend on where they put us. If they put is at a MK hotel, we will monorail or bus, but all other parks we plan to drive this time. I dont trust disneys busses on a good day.

Miss Bella

Were driving as always, and plan to do this. Alot is going to depend on where they put us. If they put is at a MK hotel, we will monorail or bus, but all other parks we plan to drive this time. I dont trust disneys busses on a good day.
Is parking at the parks free if your staying at a resort? I have a little buyers remorse after looking at pictures of Riviera. I was shocked when someone picked up and I wasn’t expecting to be asked my preference. I thought they would just tell me where I was staying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom