News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

DisneyDebRob

A certain website had pictures inside the socially distanced buses driving around Fort Wilderness. No standing allowed and a number of seats taped off.
Are we thinking 1-2 hr waits at bus stops or am I wrong in thinking that? I understand the amount of people will be lower, but that sounds like 12-14 people maybe per bus?

durangojim

I'm curious if @lentesta and his team have figured out based on maximum resort availability on 7/11 what the most amount of on site guests could be and what theoretical percentage that is of the maximum possible onsite guests.

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm curious if @lentesta and his team have figured out based on maximum resort availability on 7/11 what the most amount of on site guests could be and what theoretical percentage that is of the maximum possible onsite guests.

I think there's around 5,000 DVC rooms and campground sites, so between 10,000 and 20,000 people in Disney resorts, tops.

That assumes 100% occupancy. Based on my current stay at Bay Lake Tower, I think we're well under 20% capacity right now. If you told me we were under 10% capacity, I'd believe that too.

For what it's worth, I walked over to Grand Flo last night after dinner at Kona. I was the only person in the lobby.

Lilofan

I think there's around 5,000 DVC rooms and campground sites, so between 10,000 and 20,000 people in Disney resorts, tops.

That assumes 100% occupancy. Based on my current stay at Bay Lake Tower, I think we're well under 20% capacity right now. If you told me we were under 10% capacity, I'd believe that too.

For what it's worth, I walked over to Grand Flo last night after dinner at Kona. I was the only person in the lobby.
Last time I was at the Grand Floridian the lobby was packed, the pianist was playing and about 15-20 cast members at the front desk. For you to be the only one in the lobby is surreal.

Lilofan

You might want to find a tricycle and get some video of a child riding through the empty halls of various Disney resorts. Might make for an interesting youtube video.:D
How about echoing your voices throughout the empty lobby? I'm sure the bored cast members would like to talk to anyone.

Pangyal

I can appreciate the oddity of the silence that those of you who are there now are seeing, as we were stayed out our March trip after the parks closed. By the 17th, we encountered other guests maybe one out of ten times walking down the hallways at Beach Club, and the Boardwalk was deserted. I was told that by the 19th that week, the resorts were at 5% capacity, and it really was incredibly empty everywhere. If the resorts are staying at around a 20% capacity for the next little while, I feel that many are going to have this strange experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom