News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know how the will handle keeping bus occupancy to a safe level? They are always typically packed in the AM and of course at park close.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
And the bus driver whose eyes are supposed to be on the road is going to enforce social distancing?
I mean probably not, but why would someone get up and wander about a moving vehicle when there is going to be more than enough seating for everyone? Not saying it won't happen ever, because, you know, Florida, but I don't think it will be a serious problem.

DisneyOutsider

And the bus driver whose eyes are supposed to be on the road is going to enforce social distancing?
I don't think guests have ever needed extra motivation to stay distanced from other parties on Disney buses. The problem typically is that there's too many people crammed on to stay away from. With the updated set-ups on the buses, this shouldn't be a problem.

I'd also add the obvious that if this is something that concerns you, a theme park is probably not the place for fun right now.

Goofnut1980

I would imagine Disney is using the electrostatic spraying of surfaces and interiors, just like the airlines are doing. It lasts on the surface for a period of time.

Mainahman

ALl of these announcements about transportation makes me happy for 2 things.

1 i'm not at a monorail resort, and 2 i'm driving, so ill just drive to the parks.

esskay

The site that must not be named had pictures inside of the internal resort bus for Fort Wilderness last week. It's pretty darn distanced.
People have already been riding them. the 4K WDW youtube channel has a bus ride from Poly to Springs, the seats are numbered per party (E.g this bank of seats is for party 1, this bank is party 2).

The highest number I saw in their video was 5 so possibly 5 parties, no standing.

Mainahman

Caveat - you would be glad to be at Contemporary - where you can use your own two legs to get to MK, and then drive everywhere else.
True that! However, were at AKL Kidani, and im extatic, Hearing this, actually makes me wonder if driving to TTC, and dealing with a ferry or a socially distanced monorail is still quicker than a bus from Kidani.... Contemporary is on my list to stay someday, for that walking path.

esskay

If infected guests that ride the Skyliner who refuse to wear masks cough and spray their germs all over the interior , hopefully the cast wipe down the interior before the other guests board?
Theres been some clips of places using what is essentially a leaf blower with a canister of vapourized disinfectant attached to rapidly clean areas. I'd imagine (hope) something along those lines would be used as it wouldn't really affect operation, you just blast a car when people get off, leave that one empty, load the next one and then do the opposite at the next station to give it time to clear the fog.

Mainahman

MK is the only hiccup there. The transportation hassle is a decent reason why I usually just go to a different park.
We have 2 MK days, and while were used to the travel delay, as we usually stay at POP and its a long haul from there, im not sure if we will TTC it, or wait for a socially distanced bus

Mainahman

Theres been some clips of places using what is essentially a leaf blower with a canister of vapourized disinfectant attached to rapidly clean areas. I'd imagine (hope) something along those lines would be used as it wouldn't really affect operation, you just blast a car when people get off, leave that one empty, load the next one and then do the opposite at the next station to give it time to clear the fog.
Isnt that like the stuff Ambulance crews are using to get their rig ready between calls?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom