News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

milordsloth

Slightly off topic... July will be my first ever WDW trip and a friend suggested bringing bug spray. I've also heard WDW does a good job at keeping mosquitos away.. Do any of you recommend bringing or getting bug spray to have with me in the parks?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

DCBaker

Premium Member
This isn't a change is it?

I wrote about this a couple of weeks ago - and I don't think it changed between unless I missed something

May be in regards to this?

"Earlier this week, Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Resort reported that they would be closed through July 29th. However, while they may be closed to new reservations, it appears that they will continue to stay open for guests with existing reservations. Guests are being asked to re-confirm their intention to stay by Monday, June 15th. If they do not re-confirm, Disney’s Swan and Dolphin will automatically cancel their stay."

Figurehead

In the Parks
No
I wonder if we are going to see a lot of this in the weeks/months ahead: 🤔
1. Things look good, ease restrictions.
2. People behave like hooligans and the numbers go back up.
3. Restrictions put back into place.
4. Rinse and repeat.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
No problem with booking meals this morning, but some frustration with booking experiences.

One of the big plusses to our July trip (12-28) was that we had booked 'Capture Your Moment' photo sessions for our daughter to get her Senior portraits done. Obviously, those got cancelled. When the rebooking got announced, 'Capture Your Moment' was on the list of experiences that we would now be able to rebook. Called right at 7am when the 'Capture Your Moment' direct phone line opened and got through immediately. Only to find out that this experience is not actually booking until August 3rd. Not sure why that is something being delayed and yes, the email was standard Disney-vague. But, definitely a bit frustrated that the implication was that this experience would be opening with the parks and we could book it starting today and now... well, SOL.

Those not familiar, Capture Your Moment is 20 minutes with a Photopass photographer in any of a variety of different Magic Kingdom locations for $50. If we still want to try to get those Senior pictures done, it would have to be through Disney Fine Arts Photography which is $279 for 15 minutes or $500 for an hour. Granted it is a far more professional session, but... yikes! That phone line doesn't open until 9am, so we have an hour and half to decide if we want to forego meals for a week to get some great pictures (I kid... kind of).

kgoose23

Nothing doing for me. Keep getting the lady and the tramp error page that I need to have had a dining res cancelled previously. Had about 15 of them cancelled!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom