News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Rabflmom

Hwy 192 in Kissimmee is about 5 min down the road from AK Lodge. Many eating places, cheap motels that some welfare families live and small grocery stores on the road. The residential area is low income and somewhat shady so don't linger too long in the area. If you want to see real poverty at WDW's doorstep, you should check out Willem Dafoe's movie "The Florida Project" filmed on location in Kissimmee.
Actually when you come out of Disney on 192 you are right next to Celebration so not really the area you are mentioning which is more Eastern part of Kissimmee. . Don't know if it is open right now but there is a Kobe Japanese Restaurant . Celebration has Paneras. 5 Guys, Chick-fil-a, Joes Crab Shack . There's a Publix there too. If you go West on 192 to the Formosa Gardens area there is an Outback, Buffalo Wild Wings, Carabbas, Cracker Barrel, Giordanos. Good safe area. If you go out to 27 there's a Walmart for groceries. None will compare to Boma, though.

yensid67

Gentle reminder that the mask isn't to protect you, it's to protect everyone else.

With limited testing, lots of infected people are asymptomatic without realizing it. When they cough or talk or chant or breathe heavily, they spew out virus particles. The mask stops those particles from spreading as far. Those who are medically able to wear a mask need to do so to protect everyone else and stop the spread. That's why most everywhere else in the world is doing better. Their population is wearing masks.
THEN IF THAT'S THE CASE, OUR OFFICIALS NEED TO MAKE IT REGULATION...LAW...WRITE IT ON THE BOOKS. EVERYONE THAT CAN WEAR A MASK WITHOUT BEING A HARM TO THEIR HEALTH SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO WEAR ONE!
Why don't we do what the other countries that are free from COVID-19...2 words...ELECTION YEAR!

Lilofan

Actually when you come out of Disney on 192 you are right next to Celebration so not really the area you are mentioning which is more Eastern part of Kissimmee. . Don't know if it is open right now but there is a Kobe Japanese Restaurant . Celebration has Paneras. 5 Guys, Chick-fil-a, Joes Crab Shack . There's a Publix there too. If you go West on 192 to the Formosa Gardens area there is an Outback, Buffalo Wild Wings, Carabbas, Cracker Barrel, Giordanos. Good safe area. If you go out to 27 there's a Walmart for groceries. None will compare to Boma, though.
It's all theatre and good show for tourists. Go during the day and night and you will see a share of homeless panhandling , hanging out in the parking lots and low income living day to day in the adjacent motels. Celebration Publix has had their incidents of assaults, muggings, car break ins. Don't judge a picture by its cover. And get ready to be confronted by seedy people looking for spare change. If one thinks Kissimmee is safe, one may need to think again.

Last edited:

techgeek

At one point both water parks had hours listed starting on the 15th. I just noticed this morning that hours for both Typhoon and Blizzard are listed for all dates (that I checked) as "Schedule Unavailable".

Has there ever been any official (or unofficial) communication regarding the status of the water parks?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
At one point both water parks had hours listed starting on the 15th. I just noticed this morning that hours for both Typhoon and Blizzard are listed for all dates (that I checked) as "Schedule Unavailable".

Has there ever been any official (or unofficial) communication regarding the status of the water parks?
Just closed until further notice and that focus was on the 4 main parks.

The water parks represent a big problem with regard to handling guests in the event of a storm, which frequently occurs. Having thousands of guests take shelter int eh few covered areas will obviously not work.

TrainsOfDisney

Looks like a lot of equity, water park, and resort cast not needed to work if the theme parks and select resorts only open.

Theme park staff too. The equity shows won’t need operations staff, or entertainment techs. Or custodial to clean.

Less hours open equals less shifts all around.

Less restaurants open as well.

tissandtully

jinx8402

DCBaker

Premium Member
Where do you see Oga's removed? I'm still hoping that will be open on the 15th.

It has been removed -

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 1.33.35 PM.png

Mainahman

So does that mean all of us really? Or is this just for the people that were supposed to be there up until the opening date? I ask because we had Reservations at a few places for august, and they obviously went away.

disneygeek90

Makes sense for Oga’s. It’s one of the only bars in the parks that I can think of that actually encourages you to hang out and spend time consuming inside. I guess they figure there’s no need to open if it’s limited to a walk up bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom