News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
So that I understand correctly: those with prior dining reservations that were cancelled can call starting tomorrow to make new ADRs (Or can it be done via MDE?), for stays up to Sept 2.? My question is more about how to make the reservation-call in and/or via MDE? Thanks in advance!

milordsloth

Has there been any clarification if the booths count as a bar? Like the food and wine booths at Epcot or any other walk-up location in the parks.

disneygeek90

Has there been any clarification if the booths count as a bar? Like the food and wine booths at Epcot or any other walk-up location in the parks.
They’re likely a bar but I don’t think it’s impacted since it’s not offering “on premise” consumption. Universal grab and go bars were operating yesterday.

Mainahman

So that I understand correctly: those with prior dining reservations that were cancelled can call starting tomorrow to make new ADRs (Or can it be done via MDE?), for stays up to Sept 2.? My question is more about how to make the reservation-call in and/or via MDE? Thanks in advance!
If i read it right, its call in only. No MDE

donsullivan

Premium Member
Disney tends to take a very conservative approach to things like this. Historical pattern and the language of the rule suggest that food booths, since they derive more than 50% of revenue from food will be fine. However, the locations that are alcohol only throughout the promenade are likely not to be open.

disneygeek90

Disney tends to take a very conservative approach to things like this. Historical pattern and the language of the rule suggest that food booths, since they derive more than 50% of revenue from food will be fine. However, the locations that are alcohol only throughout the promenade are likely not to be open.
I see most of those being open. Some may be closed due to not needing the business with the lower crowds but legally I think they can open.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Looks like a lot of equity, water park, and resort cast not needed to work if the theme parks and select resorts only open.
Theme park staff too. The equity shows won’t need operations staff, or entertainment techs. Or custodial to clean.

Less hours open equals less shifts all around.

Less restaurants open as well.
Plenty of cast - including from water parks - are being deployed elsewhere.

durangojim

Agreed, unfortunately.
Disney's website says it will be available online.
FD602740-4911-4B27-98BB-081882E44F49.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom