Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

GoofGoof

Premium Member
About 5,400 Covid deaths in California.
3,100 in Florida
2,100 in Texas

New York State...about 31,000. I don’t see any of these states being “the next New York.” This State was so far outside of the norm I cannot see any other state coming close, even as things reopen.

I could be wrong, but if I am, absolute madness on many levels would need to occur. As you said, we know so much more now.
Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m thinking. We Cannot have a next New York. If things trend in that direction anywhere there will be a quick reaction. That being said, avoiding being the next New York isn’t a very high bar to set. Everyone needs to strive for a lot better than that. I’m still hopeful that with a few tweaks many places will stabilize and we can move forward.

oceanbreeze77

About 5,400 Covid deaths in California.
3,100 in Florida
2,100 in Texas

New York State...about 31,000. I don’t see any of these states being “the next New York.” This State was so far outside of the norm I cannot see any other state coming close, even as things reopen.

I could be wrong, but if I am, absolute madness on many levels would need to occur. As you said, we know so much more now.
Another state could be the next NY. Its about population percentages. Also remember that NY is a medical Mecca. There are major hospitals everywhere with some of the top doctors of the world. Other states just don't have that capacity. If the hospitals are overrun, they're overrun, resulting in poor outcomes for that particular states population.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Yep. The reservation is set to go live on Monday morning, with information being released today. As travel agents, we have a webinar today to learn about it.

Let us know if you hear anything about how many days APs (non-resort) can hold at one time, the time blocks (as indicated below that you'll need to select a time) and/or information about entry/re-entry of the park on the same day.
  • Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I feel like an outsider because I'm not bothered too much without having fireworks, parades, tours, etc. We never do that stuff. We have our hands full getting around the park lol.

Everyone goes to Disney Parks for different things. I never meet the characters anymore, but as a kid I loved it. That doesn’t mean I shrug my shoulders and say “I never meet the characters, doesn’t bother me that they are gone!”

Less Disney experiences means less of a Disney park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Events/experiences that have been updated to say they will be unavailable - (h/t @ScottGustin on Twitter)

View attachment 477624View attachment 477625View attachment 477626View attachment 477627View attachment 477628

*Miniature golf will be unavailable during the initial reopening period

My god. It’s almost like it used to be. Minus the micromanagement and over planning. And of course the prices.

dolbyman

Best get used to it for the medium term.

Wonder where the 'breaking point' for many people is (to not go to the parks...not for starting a purge .. :p)

We are still looking at that end of September trip

- Doubt the cruise part will happen though .. so we are looking for something else to do for that part (DCL reservation still stands)
- No park hopping is a shame, but we can manage with one park a day (even more so as we have over 10 days in the parks anyways)
- No water parks would be sad (some relaxation for sore feet and legs)
- No characters and parades would suck for my sis and girlfriend (my mom and me are not big fans of them)
- No special events and shortend hours
- No fireworks, I am split on that one .. I totally love fireworks, but the stress to find a spot beforehand was always the worst part of the day.
- No enforcement of masks. Getting yelled at by a strormtroopers for not wearing a mask is fun and all, but it will demonstrate the pure disregard for your fellow park visitors. (and if you have medical reasons not to wear one .. you probably shouldn't be around other people during that time anyways). Might as well wear a shirt with a middle finger on it.

On the other hand .. with only a handful of people in the park .. walking around might be kind of relaxing (kinda like Hong Kong in September of 2019) :D

Lirael

Wonder where the 'breaking point' for many people is (to not go to the parks...not for starting a purge .. :p)
Inbetween Disney not letting me buy tickets and the country not letting me enter, I haven't had to think on what my breaking point would be 😂.

I'd say it's not the lack of ADRs or FP+ or park hop if everything is empty enough to not need it. Meet and Greet wasn't something I was interested in either, but the lack of fireworks would bother me a lot as I love those. And since a trip abroad isn't something I can do any which weekend, I'd rather reschedule for next year where I can hopefully enjoy it to the fullest. But the thought of finally going to a disney park that isn't full is so enticing I haven't cancelled my resort reservation yet, lol

Miss Bella

Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m thinking. We Cannot have a next New York. If things trend in that direction anywhere there will be a quick reaction. That being said, avoiding being the next New York isn’t a very high bar to set. Everyone needs to strive for a lot better than that. I’m still hopeful that with a few tweaks many places will stabilize and we can move forward.
We have had a big surge of hospital admissions in my state, but we have never been at capacity. Insurance companies are paying for home O2 which means we can send people home instead of keeping them in the hospital. A lot of are patients just need oxygen.

I feel like things are coming together well ,and we will be able to handle Covid over the long term. It’s been a learning process, but it’s good to see that the pandemic plans we had in place are actually working.

Covid is going to be around for a while, but we still have to work ,make money, and live our lives.

I‘m not comparing Covid to flu, but I don’t think people realize how stressed our hospitals get during flu season. As busy as we are now we’re not as busy as we were in January and I don’t think anything will compare to the 2018 flu season. I’m hoping we can apply some of the things we’ve learned to future flu seasons.

Miss Bella

Inbetween Disney not letting me buy tickets and the country not letting me enter, I haven't had to think on what my breaking point would be 😂.

I'd say it's not the lack of ADRs or FP+ or park hop if everything is empty enough to not need it. Meet and Greet wasn't something I was interested in either, but the lack of fireworks would bother me a lot as I love those. And since a trip abroad isn't something I can do any which weekend, I'd rather reschedule for next year where I can hopefully enjoy it to the fullest. But the thought of finally going to a disney park that isn't full is so enticing I haven't cancelled my resort reservation yet, lol
A less full park is enticing. Eating dinner in Epcot is what I’ll miss. I’m assuming we can’t because we can’t hop.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We have had a big surge of hospital admissions in my state, but we have never been at capacity. Insurance companies are paying for home O2 which means we can send people home instead of keeping them in the hospital. A lot of are patients just need oxygen.

I feel like things are coming together well ,and we will be able to handle Covid over the long term. It’s been a learning process, but it’s good to see that the pandemic plans we had in place are actually working.

Covid is going to be around for a while, but we still have to work ,make money, and live our lives.

I‘m not comparing Covid to flu, but I don’t think people realize how stressed our hospitals get during flu season. As busy as we are now we’re not as busy as we were in January and I don’t think anything will compare to the 2018 flu season. I’m hoping we can apply some of the things we’ve learned to future flu seasons.
I hope everyone who can get one gets a flu shot this year...after I get mine though (in case they run out);). I also hope this is one of the good years where they guess better and it’s more highly effective. Covid plus flu season is a bad combo. If states and people continue to encourage social distancing and masks where not possible or practical it should also cut way down on flu infections too. An ancillary benefit to this pandemic.

I don’t disagree that we need to get back to living and more importantly working. I just hope more people get on board with that and realize that not following current recommendations could definitely impact our abilities to do those things. It would be a real shame to see places start going back to stay at home orders or pull back on reopening plans because people can’t social distance and put a mask on where it’s needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom