News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The park reservation launches the morning of Monday, June 22nd. Webinars are taking place this afternoon.

Other details are expected to be released throughout the day today.

Buckle up, folks.
Good update. It won’t take long before screen shots and details leak out. I’m interested to see what it looks like.

DisneyOutsider

I'm sure I typed this earlier in the thread, but...

Our BDM explained it this way.

First priority for park reservations will be given to onsite guests with existing tickets.

Next in line will be onsite guests without tickets. They will be able to buy new tickets attached to specific dates.

Third and Fourth, and I'm not sure in which order, will be APs and offsite guests with existing tickets.

Finally, date-assigned ticket sales can be sold to new off-site guests.

All based on capacity, of course.
The park reservation launches the morning of Monday, June 22nd. Webinars are taking place this afternoon.

Buckle up, folks.

If both of these tidbits hold true, it may be a very busy weekend for DVC Rental companies.

mickeymiss

It’s not hate its just facts. Back in March and April when the epicenter of the virus was NY/NJ/CT there was a ton of media coverage on that. The mayor of NYC took a lot of heat for waiting too long to shut down schools and shut down the subways. It’s all based on facts. FL even went as far as implementing a travel ban on those states (talk about being “picked on”). Things are looking much better in the Northeast now. That’s not the case in TX or FL or CA. Those are large states with an uptick in cases. FL in particular gets a lot of focus due to the fact that this is a WDW site. Less people here care about a surge in cases in Utah.

All states are in some phase of reopening. Some are seeing an uptick in cases and some are not. So far the states like FL that opened vey fast and with few statewide restrictions are seeing a larger upticks in cases. In PA where I live we are also re-opening but at a slower pace with more social distancing and mandatory mask rules. It seems to be working so far as businesses are opening and cases are still dropping. In cities like Philadelphia we have seen large protest rallies and still no uptick in cases. I do think that people going to protests without masks is a problem and will eventually result in an uptick in cases...same as people going to a bar or a water park and doing the same thing. So what you are seeing as FL hate is just people who are critical of the way the re-opening was handled. At least at the local level the mayor of Orange County has stepped up to do something.

Thank you for a thoughtful reply. I feel like it's pretty hard to say what is causing surges when protests are going on in every single state. California is one of the most strictly locked down states with a surge happening. Lots of protests though. I hear nothing in the mainstream news about that spike. It's all about Florida. I find it all very disorienting. Covid took a major back seat for a few weeks and then Florida immediately became the media obsession. They were picked on before too. The media has been dishonest before and I'm looking for unfiltered data.

It's gotten very political and it frustrates me because I want the bare facts. Florida is not NY yet. I'd be surprised if it ever was since NY is so uniquely dense. I can only imagine what a spike will look like in NY and it's very likely to happen since distancing has been suspended there for protests as well.

DisneyOutsider

In other words, zero chance APs not staying on site will be able to get a reservation - Got it.

It depends on what their capacity number ends up being. I imagine that the initial opening will be very tough for off-site guests to access, but after that, who knows? I imagine there's a pretty high vacancy rate for on-site reservations from late July and into August.

They've also hinted at AP previews through their passholder emails. I'm guessing all AP's will have a shot at that.

mickeymiss

Buckle up, folks.
I'm a total novice on this board. What does this mean? This reservation system will be made public on Monday?

mickeymiss

Oooh interesting news. I dreaded the obstacle course of FP reservations so this could be a mess. I was hoping they'd do week to week priority for hotel guests. I guess we will need to lock down our hypothetical plans now. We used to go by crowd calendars to make park selections. I feel nervous to lock down park options because we loved the flexibility of park hopping and flex tickets.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thank you for a thoughtful reply. I feel like it's pretty hard to say what is causing surges when protests are going on in every single state. California is one of the most strictly locked down states with a surge happening. Lots of protests though. I hear nothing in the mainstream news about that spike. It's all about Florida. I find it all very disorienting. Covid took a major back seat for a few weeks and then Florida immediately became the media obsession. They were picked on before too. The media has been dishonest before and I'm looking for unfiltered data.

It's gotten very political and it frustrates me because I want the bare facts. Florida is not NY yet. I'd be surprised if it ever was since NY is so uniquely dense. I can only imagine what a spike will look like in NY and it's very likely to happen since distancing has been suspended there for protests as well.
The protests for sure are a problem for virus spread, especially the people without masks. One of the other things CA and FL had in common is a lack of a statewide mask rule. That’s been implemented now in CA but it will take a while to see how that impacts things. We know so much more now then we knew back in Feb/Mar so no state should be the next NY.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The protests for sure are a problem for virus spread, especially the people without masks. One of the other things CA and FL had in common is a lack of a statewide mask rule. That’s been implemented now in CA but it will take a while to see how that impacts things. We know so much more now then we knew back in Feb/Mar so no state should be the next NY.

About 5,400 Covid deaths in California.
3,100 in Florida
2,100 in Texas

New York State...about 31,000. I don’t see any of these states being “the next New York.” This State was so far outside of the norm I cannot see any other state coming close, even as things reopen.

I could be wrong, but if I am, absolute madness on many levels would need to occur. As you said, we know so much more now.

mickeymiss

Also, I had planned to add a few tickets to our stay. Does this mean we can't modify that ahead of time and still get priority with a pre-existing package?

I know the answer to this is likely not available here. We might have to call. We booked a long stay with plans to modify tickets when they opened. We also rely on park hopping and would want more tickets for that reason. Sigh.
Are modifications for August guests still suspended?

RaveOnEd

Also, I had planned to add a few tickets to our stay. Does this mean we can't modify that ahead of time and still get priority with a pre-existing package?

I know the answer to this is likely not available here. We might have to call. We booked a long stay with plans to modify tickets when they opened. We also rely on park hopping and would want more tickets for that reason. Sigh.
Are modifications for August guests still suspended?
This is what I'm facing as well. We're trying to add someone to our trip, who will be joining us mid week during our stay in August. I know we'll probably have to add him for the full reservation, as well as get a park ticket for the same amount of days, but I just need to know if it's OK to add him during the modification phase, and maybe upgrade the size of our room.

Miss Bella

About 5,400 Covid deaths in California.
3,100 in Florida
2,100 in Texas

New York State...about 31,000. I don’t see any of these states being “the next New York.” This State was so far outside of the norm I cannot see any other state coming close, even as things reopen.

I could be wrong, but if I am, absolute madness on many levels would need to occur. As you said, we know so much more now.
We would have to start sending COVID patients to long term care facility's which thankfully we don't do in our state.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom