News Walt Disney World to eliminate self-service paper straws and plastic lids

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You've opened the door to another of my gripes, which is the difficulty of getting hot tea with milk in the parks. Thank goodness my love for Disney is sufficient to offset my need for a good cuppa.

Because savages can't wait for it to properly cool and have sugar, lemon, and ice added. The reason the British began using milk in tea was thier pottery was substandard and would crack from the heat.

JoeCamel

Cost saving measure. A nice side benefit to reduce, but I will believe it is for animals and environment safety when they stop selling Balloons on Mainstreet.
Or bulldoze the entire place with full cleanup and give it back to the cows....
Oh wait methane......
They need to evict the humans if they were serious about the environment but since humans are the ones with the bulldozers they rule. Going to see what mama nature and cousin physics has to say about that

ERED

At a recent visit to DL, I ordered a milkshake at Flo's, in which the paper straw quickly disintegrated (it was a bulky one to boot). I went through 3 of them to finish the milkshake, so I'd argue I generated more waste than if I'd been given a plastic straw at the outset.
But they disintegrate.......leaving no waste.

scottieRoss

The amount of misinformation in this short thread is amazing.
Walt Disney World has one of the most efficient MRFs processing 30 tons of recyclables per day. This includes the soda and water bottles, compostable dining ware, and food waste.
Even latex balloons are composted. (takes about 4 months for them to degrade)
And always remember that a solution does not have to solve all problems. Some reduction is better than no reductions. Anything else is a logical fallacy.

Ayla

The amount of misinformation in this short thread is amazing.
Walt Disney World has one of the most efficient MRFs processing 30 tons of recyclables per day. This includes the soda and water bottles, compostable dining ware, and food waste.
Even latex balloons are composted. (takes about 4 months for them to degrade)
And always remember that a solution does not have to solve all problems. Some reduction is better than no reductions. Anything else is a logical fallacy.
Apparently, even their balloons are magic...since in the real world, latex balloons take up to 4+ years to decompose. 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom