Walt Disney World "Monstrous Summer" Press Event April 25th & 26th

WDW1974

I would offer to Disney that I would buy the hotel rooms, meals, etc that they would have given to the lifestylers just to give myself a laugh. Think they'd take me up on it?

I admit it would be fun to watch them all ... all that awkwardness and geekiness and feeling out of place when someone they view 'of significance' is around. But I have other plans for those dates. I'd pass of my invite to you Matt, but mine was lost in the mail I'm sure!

the.dreamfinder

I don't compare them (and my very first job was as a film critic). Film critcs have to see films in advance to review them. ... There is no need to give a blogger who lives at the intersection of 192 and 27 (under the bridge, maybe?) a free room at the Poly for three nights and tickets and meals and booze and swag, yet wait and see what happens for this event.

I am amused by it because EVERY Disney site out there is a positive one (yeah, even Lutz and Yee's). It's just degrees of Pixie Dust. You don't need to do what Disney is doing. I am so afraid it is going to bite them on the collective arses when one of these folks gets into something ugly or is exposed for un-MAGICal behavior.
I want this blogger crash sooner rather than later.

PhotoDave219

No, they're worse.

Some (many? most) of them have serious issues that could impact TWDC in a negative way. They don't seem to understand that Disney (and the entire world) can see what they're doing and how they are behaving.

It's great to have BRAND advocates, but what do you do when they're nuts? When their problems and issues start spreading like a virus onto Disney's BRAND and reputation?

Sure, they think Mommy Blogger are safer than fanbois, but they must not watch much Dateline or 48 Hours or 20/20 to realize that the veneer of perfect little families isn't always what it seems.

Disney needs to be doing vetting on every single social media that it is credentialing for any events and having ANY relationship with beyond sending emailed press releases.

But where and how often have I said this before?

What drives me nuts is that this entire industry is all about pagehits anymore. Not about doing a good job, not about accuracy, ethics, transparency or honesty. Instead its all about getting eyeballs to your site. Most of these people have their blog/site/whatever just so they can get into the event free and they're not honest about that. There isn't a public good or a public trust that they serve and they have no one to answer to.

The irony here is that no one is producing original content; rather they are just regurgitating what the mouse gives them. God help them if they ever ran across any of the editors Ive worked with.

SirLink

I don't compare them (and my very first job was as a film critic). Film critcs have to see films in advance to review them. ... There is no need to give a blogger who lives at the intersection of 192 and 27 (under the bridge, maybe?) a free room at the Poly for three nights and tickets and meals and booze and swag, yet wait and see what happens for this event.

I am amused by it because EVERY Disney site out there is a positive one (yeah, even Lutz and Yee's). It's just degrees of Pixie Dust. You don't need to do what Disney is doing. I am so afraid it is going to bite them on the collective arses when one of these folks gets into something ugly or is exposed for un-MAGICal behavior.

Hmmm, about Disney - yep - they are trying to control the message to make it appear more MAGICal(as you would say) than get down and dirty and compete with the other theme parks in Florida ... but even you said they have getting the fanbois and fangurls compete for time and freebies.

My point was that the film press, game press, travel press, etc. need something to review/preview to be "FIRST", so that movie studios/interactive entertainment studios or even a travel company can set up the rules to which they review their products - to make sure the "negative nancy's" are the last ones to post reviews - by making them go to a normal screening/buy the product/black ball from an event ...

MattM

I admit it would be fun to watch them all ... all that awkwardness and geekiness and feeling out of place when someone they view 'of significance' is around. But I have other plans for those dates. I'd pass of my invite to you Matt, but mine was lost in the mail I'm sure!

Oh, I did not want to attend. Just thought it would be worth a couple of bucks to keep them from attending.

MattM

There is no need to give a blogger who lives at the intersection of 192 and 27 (under the bridge, maybe?) a free room at the Poly for three nights and tickets and meals and booze and swag, yet wait and see what happens for this event.

I am so afraid it is going to bite them on the collective arses when one of these folks gets into something ugly or is exposed for un-MAGICal behavior.

You mean close to that strip club that I have only HEARD is out by that intersection?

DocMcHulk

They are increasing the hotel occupancy rate ;)

Man, their house is not very good.

cbconglom

Is the possible Epcot 2015 attraction being discussed anywhere on this site???
http://www.parkscope.net/2013/03/new-epcot-attraction-for-2015.html?m=1

This new rumor comes to us from the Season Pass Podcast, and an interview with Disney and Disney Parks director Jerry Rees. In it, Rees says he is working on a new, mystery project for Walt Disney World's EPCOT that will open in 2015.

Rees is known for directing The Brave Little Toaster, creating the special effects for Tron, and working on numerous Disney park classics such as Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Alien Encounter, Cranium Command, and Cinemagic in Disney Studios Paris.

Genie of the Lamp

http://www.*********.net/2013/03/new-epcot-attraction-for-2015.html?m=1

This new rumor comes to us from the Season Pass Podcast, and an interview with Disney and Disney Parks director Jerry Rees. In it, Rees says he is working on a new, mystery project for Walt Disney World's EPCOT that will open in 2015.

Rees is known for directing The Brave Little Toaster, creating the special effects for Tron, and working on numerous Disney park classics such as Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Alien Encounter, Cranium Command, and Cinemagic in Disney Studios Paris.

Thanks for the post update. Hmmm.....That does seem to correlate with what 74 has been saying about a mystery Epcot project he's excited about. The site is starts with a P(word that rhymes with bark) and ends with an E(word that rhymes with rope) which linked the Season Pass Podcast in case people want to see it for themselves (easy google search just type "Epcot 2015 Attraction" and it should be the first link). The theories they suggest on the page are Captain EO Replacement, Universe of Energy Refurbishment, or New World Showcase film. Are any of these suggestions on the right path or close to being right Spirit, @WDW1974?

Edit: If this doesn't get mentioned at this press event, can we expect to hear any details on this at D23 Expo?

PhotoDave219

http://www.*********.net/2013/03/new-epcot-attraction-for-2015.html?m=1

Lord knows Epcot could use another attraction. Or a another headliner attraction I should say.

I would really like to see Capt. EO go away.

tissandtully

Thanks for the post update. Hmmm.....That does seem to correlate with what 74 has been saying about a mystery Epcot project he's excited about. The site is starts with a P and ends with an E (which linked the Season Pass Podcast) in case people want to see it for themselves (easy google search just type "Epcot 2015 Attraction" and it should be the first link). The theories they suggest on the page are Captain EO Replacement, Universe of Energy Refurbishment, or New World Showcase film. Are any of these suggestions on the right path or close to being right Spirit, @WDW1974?

Edit: If this doesn't get mentioned at this press event, can we expect to hear any details on this at D23 Expo?

Why in the world is that URL censored?

luv

I'd love to see anything in WoL and will kiss the ground the day something replaces EO, but I like Ellen. I still think Ellen is really good. Fwiw.

bradk

Man, I hope this is not all that is announced. I guess we should have seen it coming that it would only be MU related.

there's also the other article which talks about the AquaDuck and other attractions/changes coming to the Disney Magic which will be part of the event's announcements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom