Walt Disney World "Monstrous Summer" Press Event April 25th & 26th

Bolt

Honestly, why bother doing anything big at a resort showcase anymore. Everyone online leaks it before anyways so the company has no reason to set big things up months in advance.

cbconglom

Take the following for what it's worth.. It's in response to the stitch kingdom article

@InsideTheMagic: @disneyreport That's not *everything* happening during the event. Just some things.

@InsideTheMagic: Looking forward to touring the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train construction site later this week. Sadly, no photos/video allowed.

@InsideTheMagic: @disneyreport 100% definitely on Disney Cruise Line announcements. And a 2-hour showcase of summer events at WDW. Plus some "surprises."

Ok so my guess suprises means a new flavor of wannabe butter beer.

Any other guesses?

asianway

Take the following for what it's worth.. It's in response to the stitch kingdom article

@InsideTheMagic: @disneyreport That's not *everything* happening during the event. Just some things.

@InsideTheMagic: Looking forward to touring the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train construction site later this week. Sadly, no photos/video allowed.

@InsideTheMagic: @disneyreport 100% definitely on Disney Cruise Line announcements. And a 2-hour showcase of summer events at WDW. Plus some "surprises."

Any other guesses?
Free swag for the unemployable?

Tim_4

Haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this is old news.

The "featured" presentation is Thursday night at Epcot. They have a pretty neat gimmick planned. One-time only thing, like the Fantasyland dragon.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Did anyone REALLY think they'd announce anything of interest?

No, if the speculated DHS rehabs/improvements/whatever are going to be announced, they'll get their own blogger event.

Look -- just let me be an ignorant rube that gets let down time after time but forgets the past and continues to believe.
it's a wonderful blissful existence! ;)

Tim_4

This isnt worthy of a 2-day press event. Its worthy of an afternoon at Starbucks.
Do you suggest the Company NOT tell the press about its marketing plan? That's the entire point of a "marketing plan." This isn't about earth shattering news for hard core Disney fans. It's about delivering the brand messaging to as large an audience as possible to kick off the summer travel season.

PhotoDave219

Do you suggest the Company NOT tell the press about its marketing plan? That's the entire point of a "marketing plan." This isn't about earth shattering news for hard core Disney fans. It's about delivering the brand messaging to as large an audience as possible to kick off the summer travel season.

I suggest they have better marketing plans.

Tim_4

Two different wraps at once now? :eek:

How long before they wrap the entire fleet??
I don't get the hatred for the wraps.

1. They're different.
2. They're temporary.
3. They're more visually stimulating than white with a strip.
4. They're always current.
5. Kids love them.
6. They're Disney branded (unlike Epcot sponsors).
7. Walt himself was a fan and innovator of cross-promotion.
8. They're relatively cheap (no major diversion of resources).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You are right. The events are about promoting the offerings to travel agents, mass media, and the wider-world. Not necessarily making announcements of new attractions. People get carried away whenever there is one of these events. I guess in the old days though before all the invitees would Twitter about what drink they were getting, or what their resort room view was, people just wouldn't be aware these things went on.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I don't get the hatred for the wraps.

1. They're different.
2. They're temporary.
3. They're more visually stimulating than white with a strip.
4. They're always current.
5. Kids love them.
6. They're Disney branded (unlike Epcot sponsors).
7. Walt himself was a fan and innovator of cross-promotion.
8. They're relatively cheap (no major diversion of resources).

I don't think hatred is directed at wraps per se. Long time WDW fans would like some sign that management a) understands the resort and b) has a reasonable plan to improve things....If over the last 5 years MiC had been built, the Imagination pavilion had gotten a re-do and FLE had an anchor ride, there would be a lot less snark. Also, the one thing announced (Avatar, which I personally like) has preceded at a glacial pace and many are suspicious it will never happen. Parades are eaten by termites, entertainment is cut, rides have small fractions of effects operational, chunks fall off of park icons, eyesores remain un-addressed, and announcement after announcement is naught but superficial garbage. Hard not to expect snark.

PhotoDave219

Any other guesses?

Ive never considered Rickey Brigante or Inside the Magic to be a credible source.

We know the Mine Train is coming. We have for years. The Cruise ship stuff was previously announced.

I dont care for Brad/SK but he's usually right and a lot more reliable than most.

ThemeParks4Life

Ive never considered Rickey Brigante or Inside the Magic to be a credible source.

We know the Mine Train is coming. We have for years. The Cruise ship stuff was previously announced.

I dont care for Brad/SK but he's usually right and a lot more reliable than most.

Wasn't Ricky the one who said the dragon would be for the media only and he was right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom