Walt Disney World "Monstrous Summer" Press Event April 25th & 26th

Tim_4

Because WDW social media couldnt reach enough people if they did their own blog post I guess. Too bad they dont have a whole team for that
People have to choose to follow Disney social media. The point of these events is to get the message out in the main stream media to audiences who aren't already Disney nuts who read the blog and follow Twitter, etc. It's like when DIS sponsors a week on Wheel of Fortune our Live with Kelly and Michael. You inject the brand message into channels that your target audience consumes every day.

asianway

People have to choose to follow Disney social media. The point of these events is to get the message out in the main stream media to audiences who aren't already Disney nuts who read the blog and follow Twitter, etc. It's like when DIS sponsors a week on Wheel of Fortune our Live with Kelly and Michael. You inject the brand message into channels that your target audience consumes every day.
Yes, and if those were the attendees, that makes sense. Preaching to the choir by inviting the lifestyle blogs does not

PhotoDave219

Go on, Professor. Tell us how marketing works.

Tim_4

Yes, and if those were the attendees, that makes sense. Preaching to the choir by inviting the lifestyle blogs does not
There will be thirty something radio stations broadcasting live from Wilderness Lodge in English, Spanish, French, and Cantonese this week. Those broadcasts will reach a lot more ears than the lifestyle bloggers.
Go on, Professor. Tell us how marketing works.
My point was that people are criticising the newsworthiness of this week's events. All I'm saying is that this IS mainly a marketing event, not some kind of breaking news announcement.

disneyfan1995

I'm going to be highly disappointed if what Stitch Kingdom is reporting is their big announcement. A monorail wrap, an updated meet and greet?! What the heck... I think the 'highlight' of it, if that, is the 24 hour event at MK.

Personally, I'm hoping for some light to be shed on what the heck is happening over at DHS.

Tim_4

I'm going to be highly disappointed if what Stitch Kingdom is reporting is their big announcement. A monorail wrap, an updated meet and greet?! What the heck... I think the 'highlight' of it, if that, is the 24 hour event at MK.

Personally, I'm hoping for some light to be shed on what the heck is happening over at DHS.
See my post above. This isn't supposed to be a "major news" event. It's a "visit WDW this summer" event.

PhotoDave219

My point was that people are criticising the newsworthiness of this week's events. All I'm saying is that this IS mainly a marketing event, not some kind of breaking news announcement.

Thats the same point I'm making, only from a much more "What the hell are they doing!?" point of view....

Tim_4

I cant see anything in there that gets me to book a resservation...
Because you know it already. To someone who hasn't been in ten years, New Fantasyland might be a very major story. So might a 30% off rooms offer. It's not about US. Marketing is wasted on us because we know it all weeks, months, or years in advance. We'll probably yawn when Disney Springs has its grand opening but it might be completely unheard of until that day for a casual guest.

PhotoDave219

Because you know it already. To someone who hasn't been in ten years, New Fantasyland might be a very major story. So might a 30% off rooms offer. It's not about US. Marketing is wasted on us because we know it all weeks, months, or years in advance. We'll probably yawn when Disney Springs has its grand opening but it might be completely unheard of until that day for a casual guest.

So ..... why cater to the Disney-specific media? Why arent they reaching out to outlets that reach millions/day as opposed to bloggers?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom