Walt Disney World "Monstrous Summer" Press Event April 25th & 26th

71jason

You mean close to that strip club that I have only HEARD is out by that intersection?

I'd pay good money to see your typical Disney lifestyler fanboi walk into that place. It's a little piece of redneck Snake--errr--Lake County that's been surrounded by all the Cast Member gentrification up in Cagan.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Just the standard daily reminder. We, members of this forum, are ALWAYS disappointed when Disney has one of these events, because we somehow always expect them to announce something akin to the 5th gate. This press event will be no different than the multitude of these that have preceeded it.

We will expect them to announce something mind blowing, they will announce nothing, and we will all log on to gnash our teeth about the non-event.

Personally, I would need defribillation if they announced anything of substance.

TP2000

Miceage has another update on the 24 Hour Party, after breaking that story last month. It's all Disneyland centered, so not much WDW news there. But if you're interested the Al Lutz Update on Miceage today has a bigger scoop of their original scoop. :)

Genie of the Lamp

It seems that there will be helicopters filming around the WDW resort property on Thursday:
"As part of day one of the Monstrous Summer Media Preview on Thursday, April 25, a helicopter will fly over multiple areas of the Walt Disney World Resort to capture promotional aerial footage. Guests may hear and/or see the helicopter as it takes off and flies overhead (sometimes low flying) at the following locations and times:
  • Epcot: 4 a.m. – Noon
  • Magic Kingdom Park: 5 a.m. – 8 a.m.
  • Downtown Disney Area: 5:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort / Disney’s Pop Century Resort: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m."
Courtesy of OPTN:
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013/04/helicopters-filming-around-wdw-on-april.html

djkidkaz

Original Poster
It seems that there will be helicopters filming around the WDW resort property on Thursday:
"As part of day one of the Monstrous Summer Media Preview on Thursday, April 25, a helicopter will fly over multiple areas of the Walt Disney World Resort to capture promotional aerial footage. Guests may hear and/or see the helicopter as it takes off and flies overhead (sometimes low flying) at the following locations and times:
  • Epcot: 4 a.m. – Noon
  • Magic Kingdom Park: 5 a.m. – 8 a.m.
  • Downtown Disney Area: 5:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort / Disney’s Pop Century Resort: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m."
Courtesy of OPTN:
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013/04/helicopters-filming-around-wdw-on-april.html

That seems pretty elaborate. What could they possibly be filming in the parks so early though? It will still be pretty dark out!

Crazydisneyfanluke

I just hope, with what ever they announce that Epcot remains how it is supposed to be. being about the future, the world, the people and culture of the world. Not any pixar characters, that's for DHS and MK.

Magenta Panther

Screw the Marvel stuff, but the Mickey Mouse Club, based on the new shorts being produced, sounds awesome. I loved the first new Mouse short about Mickey delivering the croissants to Minnie - a great mix of retro and modern. I'd easily join THAT club!

SkipperButler

That seems pretty elaborate. What could they possibly be filming in the parks so early though? It will still be pretty dark out!

They'll probably be filming "nighttime" shots of Spaceship Earth, Cinderella Castle, New Fantasyland, & Downtown Disney.

Think of all the old promotional shots that are used in Christmas Parade broadcasts and in the commercials on the DVDs. Due to the surge of higher resolution media devices, I'm guessing the old shots were looking too dated, so it's time for some clearer shots. Morning shots also have better lighting and coloring compared to mid day, and the parks look better sans guests.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom