Walls up at McDonalds

Figment632

Nope, not everywhere! I live far away from a McDonalds!

And for what it's worth my son was thrilled to eat at that McD on our first trip. He was three years old, he was eating McDs, he was in WDW,... he was in heaven! And no, my child(ren) are not spoiled, eat very healthy, do not get what they want all the time, blah, blah, blah. They are our children and we like to make them happy on vacation! Crazy... aren't we!?!

I really don't care that the McDs is leaving and my children will be fine as well. They're 6 and 4 now... they have refined tastes now and enjoy Wolfgang Puck just as much! :p

The don't hav Mcdonalds in Canada :eek:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Nope, and I live in a Igloo and take a canoe to work!

Seriously dude!?! Of course they have McDonalds in Canada! I live in rural Newfoundland and I'm very far away from the nearest McDonalds.

:eek:

I knew it!! Silly Canadians. :lol::p

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Nope, and I live in a igloo and take a canoe to work!

Seriously dude!?! Of course they have McDonalds in Canada! I live in rural Newfoundland and I'm very far away from the nearest McDonalds.
This is actually a serious question..... It has always been my understanding that Canadian bacon is not Canadian...much like the Chinese fortune cookie is actually an American invention. With that being said what do you call Canadian Bacon in Canada?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
We never went to the Mickey D's at the Marketplace.....but we do miss the McDonalds Fries that were sold at the parks!!

I went in once... seen the price of the 'value meals' (nice friggen markup BTW...:dazzle::brick: oy) and walked right out. I went to earl of sammich down the way.. and got a way better & tastier meal at the same price... if not a lil less. :lol:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member

RiversideBunny

This is from MontyMon, a regular on here, back in July 2007. It was in response to a question I had about 'Canadian bacon'.

Thanks, Monty.

"We eat the same kind of bacon you do [usually better smoked/cured, but the same stuff]. What you call "Canadian Bacon" is usually called either "pea-meal bacon" or "back bacon" here. :D "

:)

NewfieFan

I gathered that I was being :rolleyes:

Well, you never know... I've been asked sillier things in my day!

This is actually a serious question..... It has always been my understanding that Canadian bacon is not Canadian...much like the Chinese fortune cookie is actually an American invention. With that being said what do you call Canadian Bacon in Canada?

Your question has pretty much been answered... but I think Canadian bacon is back bacon here!

Figment632

Well, you never know... I've been asked sillier things in my day!

Your question has pretty much been answered... but I think Canadian bacon is back bacon here!

Here is something I have always wondered about Canada however. Are there Canadian car companies or are they all US or other imports?

Wilt Dasney

They don't use the Gregorian Calendar in Canada. Their year is determined by the phases of the tides and the annual molting patterns of their pet penguins.
Oops. I forgot they don't have tides in Canada. The water is always frozen! Silly me. Sorry to any Canadians I might have just insulted with that dumb oversight. :brick:

NewfieFan

I thought you guys used dog sleds to commute, after all doesn't it snow 365 days per year in Canada?:shrug:

Well, it doesn't snow for the whole 365... we just ride the ice floes when the snow melts! :lookaroun

Here is something I have always wondered about Canada however. Are there Canadian car companies or are they all US or other imports?

Yes and no! I think we had a couple of electric car companys but I think the Canadian government made way with those (one of them might still exist... I'm not even sure to be honest)! Our cars for the most part come from else where.

I think this is the craziest thread drift ever!

NewfieFan

Oops. I forgot they don't have tides in Canada. The water is always frozen! Silly me. Sorry to any Canadians I might have just insulted with that dumb oversight. :brick:

It's ok... it's a common misconception about Canada!

Sorry but I have to leave this thread now, my pet penguin is hungry!

RiversideBunny

In what country in EPCOT is one of the most favorite restaurants at WDW located, maybe the hardest to get into?
Is it in Canada?
Is it Le Cellier?

Eh?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In what country in EPCOT is one of the most favorite restaurants at WDW located, maybe the hardest to get into?
Is it in Canada?
Is it Le Cellier?

Eh?
Leave it to those wacky Canadians to put a restaurant in a basement. I guess that Canadians live underground to avoid all the glaciers.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom