Walls up at McDonalds

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok everyone is can have an opinion :wave: What you described was giving a screaming kid something to shut him up.
Sure everyone can have an opinion but not all opinions are of the same quality. You prove over and over again that your knowledge regarding children is below zero. If you had brain one in your head you should learn not to form "opinions" on subjects you know nothing about.

Figment632

Sure everyone can have an opinion but not all opinions are of the same quality. You prove over and over again that your knowledge regarding children is below zero. If you had brain one in your head you should learn not to form "opinions" on subjects you know nothing about.

I don't have children but parents today let there kids get away with anything. If I was crying and screaming over food in WDW groing up I would I have been taken back to the room. You and I never agree but I never insult you. You were one of the few here that could debate without insulting that is what I liked about you.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't have children but parents today let there kids get away with anything. If I was crying and screaming over food in WDW groing up I would I have been taken back to the room. You and I never agree but I never insult you. You were one of the few here that could debate without insulting that is what I liked about you.
You insulted me and my child with your post and if you can not see that you are beyond help.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok like I said I am no ready to have kids yet but if my child was carrying on about food I would not just give in :shrug:
It is not about the food. Tt is a much more complicated issue. The food is merely the bit of familiarity and structure that can sooth a kid that is an alien environment. Have you never been anywhere and felt out of place and had just a small dose of something familiar that made you feel a bit better?

Figment632

You are thinking logically and a fussy 5 year old is as far from logical as you can get. WDW is a huge and strange place and a major sensory overload for kids and adults for that matter. Their room is different, their bed is different, their schedule is off, none of their friends are there, all of the food is different, etc and all that can lead to a meltdown. Sometimes that one little taste of home can prevent or stop this. I dislike McDonald's as much as the next guy but when it comes to a fussy kid their waste line expanding, artery clogging food can work magic.

Where does it say this is your kid I assumed it was a hypothetical situation.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Look, there's been a real uptick on the boards recently towards personal insults, incessant complaining, and general hostility towards not only WDW but other members as well. Let's just step back from this topic, agree we may look at things differently, and press forward. We've all enjoyed each others opinions and statements before, so let's continue to do so moving forward. Sound good?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
How about you and Yoda simply apologize to each other (through PM, if necessary) and move on....
Won't happen. What I said needed to be said. This is not the result of a single post but the culmination of multiple ignorant posts.

The only person I will apologize to is the mods who will eventually have to deal with this.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Won't happen. What I said needed to be said. This is not the result of a single post but the culmination of multiple ignorant posts.

The only person I will apologize to is the mods who will eventually have to deal with this.

Come on guys, let's just move past this. You both have provided excellent information and insight before, and will continue to do so in the future. There's too many other numbskulls out there bringing the negative into these chats......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom