Walls up at McDonalds

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Come on guys, let's just move past this. You both have provided excellent information and insight before, and will continue to do so in the future. There's too many other numbskulls out there bringing the negative into these chats......
Oh I am past it. I just stand behind what I said. As far as I am concerned the matter is closed.

We now return you to your regular programing.:D

Sketch105

Sadly, there's a lot of families out there would rather pay $2 more for McDonald's fare than take a chance on some of the other eateries. They at least know what they're getting for the price (at least to them)

As for the McDonald's coporation, I think it's just silly to take what was probably a highly profitable, high-profile restaurant out of DTD, but I'm sure they're doing just fine across the street at Cross-Roads anyway.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sadly, there's a lot of families out there would rather pay $2 more for McDonald's fare than take a chance on some of the other eateries. They at least know what they're getting for the price (at least to them)

As for the McDonald's coporation, I think it's just silly to take what was probably a highly profitable, high-profile restaurant out of DTD, but I'm sure they're doing just fine across the street at Cross-Roads anyway.

I actually don't believe it was McDonald's call to make the move. If I remember correctly, their agreement with Disney had reached an end, so all McDonald's throughout the parks were shutting down....

Erika

It is not about the food. Tt is a much more complicated issue. The food is merely the bit of familiarity and structure that can sooth a kid that is an alien environment. Have you never been anywhere and felt out of place and had just a small dose of something familiar that made you feel a bit better?

Look, there's been a real uptick on the boards recently towards personal insults, incessant complaining, and general hostility towards not only WDW but other members as well. Let's just step back from this topic, agree we may look at things differently, and press forward. We've all enjoyed each others opinions and statements before, so let's continue to do so moving forward. Sound good?

You guys both just saved me a lot of trouble :lol:

Cynderella

Put me down for another of those that will miss McD's. I am a picky eater and honestly I do get sick of Disney's bland burgers and chicken fingers and to me there's nothing better than grabbing a Big Mac...yes its fattening and blah blah blah but Im on vacation and like some one posted before...I try not to eat them at home so when Im on vacation Im going all out!!

DebDeb

We never went to the Mickey D's at the Marketplace.....but we do miss the McDonalds Fries that were sold at the parks!!

Wilt Dasney

BTW...not a real big McDonald's eater, but to be frank, the best hamburger I had at WDW was a night I waited in line at the DTD McDonald's for 30 minutes for a Big Mac. After two days I was already tired of counter service food that tasted exactly the same, no matter the location. I would say the the people packing the place on a Tuesday night probably enjoyed the food as well.
Totally agree. I'll be the first to concede that McDonalds is nothing special, but a good portion of the Disney food is the same unimaginative junk you'll find at McDonalds, only less tasty.

If you're eating at sit down restaurants every night of your vacation, then I can see where you'd say Good Riddance to McDonald's, but if you spend a good chunk of time and money at Electric Umbrella/Cosmic Ray's/Pecos Bill's and the like, then I don't think you're eating anything better than you'd find at McDonalds.

musketeer

This has been a very intersting thread to read. We usually visit downtown disney once per trip, and I've always been amazed at the amount of people that are at the mcdonalds. I mean think about it, if you drove to disney, you probably passed hundreds of them on the way, if you flew, there was probably one at one of the airports you went through, or you drove by several on the way to the airport. Plus, you probably live within 2 or 3 miles of one or more.

So I never understood why in the world it was so busy. I guessed maybe visitors from other countries.

I've visited Las Vegas once (everyone says it's like Disney for adults, but I didn't think so, I'd rather go to the real disney because that's for adults too, but anyway), and there was a mcdonalds we saw on the strip, and it was packed. Again, didn't understand why, because most people were probably tourists.

Maybe there is a desire to say, "I ate at not just any Mcdonalds, but the Disney (or vegas, or wherever) mcdonalds."

I also understand the rational of taking a kid there. I can only imagine what I would have been like at 5 years old seeing McDonalds at Disneyworld. No amount of reasoning would make me not want to go at that age.

All that being said, there are just people who probably drove by hundreds on the way, and live within a few miles, and for some reason, they just really want to go there.

Nothing wrong with it, I can't imagine that i would ever want to, but more power to you if you do.

RiversideBunny

Just an observation-

People want to knock McDonalds at WDW but it seems as if the most common food item eaten at WDW is a hamburger.
The Electric Umbrella, Pecos Bills, the food courts, and many other places all pump out thousands of hamburgers to eager guests each day.

:)

NewfieFan

I don't have a problem with it I just find it a little silly when they are everywhere.

Nope, not everywhere! I live far away from a McDonalds!

And for what it's worth my son was thrilled to eat at that McD on our first trip. He was three years old, he was eating McDs, he was in WDW,... he was in heaven! And no, my child(ren) are not spoiled, eat very healthy, do not get what they want all the time, blah, blah, blah. They are our children and we like to make them happy on vacation! Crazy... aren't we!?!

I really don't care that the McDs is leaving and my children will be fine as well. They're 6 and 4 now... they have refined tastes now and enjoy Wolfgang Puck just as much! :p

memster

This has been a very intersting thread to read. We usually visit downtown disney once per trip, and I've always been amazed at the amount of people that are at the mcdonalds. I mean think about it, if you drove to disney, you probably passed hundreds of them on the way, if you flew, there was probably one at one of the airports you went through, or you drove by several on the way to the airport. Plus, you probably live within 2 or 3 miles of one or more.

So I never understood why in the world it was so busy. I guessed maybe visitors from other countries.

I've visited Las Vegas once (everyone says it's like Disney for adults, but I didn't think so, I'd rather go to the real disney because that's for adults too, but anyway), and there was a mcdonalds we saw on the strip, and it was packed. Again, didn't understand why, because most people were probably tourists.

Maybe there is a desire to say, "I ate at not just any Mcdonalds, but the Disney (or vegas, or wherever) mcdonalds."

I also understand the rational of taking a kid there. I can only imagine what I would have been like at 5 years old seeing McDonalds at Disneyworld. No amount of reasoning would make me not want to go at that age.

All that being said, there are just people who probably drove by hundreds on the way, and live within a few miles, and for some reason, they just really want to go there.

Nothing wrong with it, I can't imagine that i would ever want to, but more power to you if you do.
Maybe theres a desire to say I ate a Big mac :ROFLOL:

Wilt Dasney

Yes, that one is still there... although it has been redone (the exterior has a more modern to look it, all the big characters are gone)!
Boo! The heck with modern, those characters were great! :fork:

Apparently McDonalds forgets why people come to Orlando...colorful cheesy crap done larger than life! :D

NewfieFan

Boo! The heck with modern, those characters were great! :fork:

Apparently McDonalds forgets why people come to Orlando...colorful cheesy crap done larger than life! :D

Hey, I didn't say I liked it better... I was just trying to describe the new look!

(I liked the cheesy crap that was there before too! :lookaroun)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom