Virgin Temporary replacement. Confimed

dxwwf3

This has to be one of the oddest decisions we've seen in a long time at the resort. Could anyone have ever guessed something like this would have gone in there after the Megastore closed? This is a curveball and a half.

DisneyDellsDude

Even so.. still tacky and morbid. :shrug:

Yeah, I see where you're getting at. But any piece of clothing that is probably around 50+ years old has probably had someone wear it that is now dead. Just a piece of history now.

But this at DTD... This is the most random weird thing they have ever done!:ROFLOL:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Yeah, I see where you're getting at. But any piece of clothing that is probably around 50+ years old has probably had someone wear it that is now dead. Just a piece of history now.

But this at DTD... This is the most random weird thing they have ever done!:ROFLOL:

lol agreed. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Why not just move One Man's Dream there and have a lot more interactive areas. Maybe even set up his train set that he had in his backyard?...Or have a replica of the house he grew up in.

You could even have a "Build Your Own Animatronic" and build it on a computer. There could be a bunch of "parts" and you can add your own flair (like a Mr. Potatohead" but in Animatronic form.

Use the Multi-Plane camera to set up your own scene. Choose from 3-5 different "art cels" and put them together to create a unique animated environment with depth.

When you walk in...everything could be black and white...and as you walk through the "life of Walt Disney"...things would become more colored and bright.
Walt Disney Museum. Or even WDW History.

Bold New Vision. Done.

Revbigt1982

I think it is a good idea i mean we clelebrate the life of walt all over disney how can we not celebreate the life of someone who did so much for people and made those happy who could not travel to disney. spread the love

markjohns1

There is something incredibly tacky.. and rather morbid about displaying a dead persons clothing.

Defend it all you want.. it still wont change the fact that its pretty tacky and morbid (at least for DTD that is).
That line of thinking would make pretty much any museum "incredibly tacky" for displaying a dead person's clothing. I'm sure there are items of the deceased on display at Planet Hollywood in DTD. Couldn't that apply to the Disney Archives themselves? I'm sure the new Walt Disney Family Museum will have artifacts as well, which I'm sure could include clothing. I guess I'll just have to agree to disagree.

I won't disagree that this is a random addition, but it is a temporary exhibit in a vacant space. Hardly a threatening development.

nor'easter

Do I want to see it? No. Does everything that goes into WDW have to cater to me? No. Curse the idea of filling vacant space...

Some people will defend anything with the Disney moniker on it.

Curse the idea of filling a vacant space? Is that the test here? If it's vacant, fill it with any crap just as long as something is there, with no context to Disney World? (And to add insult to injury, charge admission to see it.) Maybe a history of waste disposal will be next...fills the space, and arguably more relevant.

A further decline in Disney World quality.

wdwmemories

I'm not personally interested in this, and I don't think it seems to be an especially good "theme" fit for DTD or the space, but I am glad that something reasonable will go into the space.

Given all the UK folks who visit WDW, it could do well even no Americans step foot inside.

Is this a great thing? No. A big deal? No. I'm waiting for the permanent solution, but at least The Mouse gets to collect a bit of rent.

Trust me, as a Brit, I can assure you that there is far more interest in Diana within the US, than there is in the UK.

I can think of very very few people who would want to see an exhibition about Diana, let alone when they visit a destination about magic and Disney.

I honestly couldnt give a hoot for this!

Also can it be noted that Charles is the heir of the throne to the UK and not just England. That's like saying ''Obama, President of Rhode Island...''.

WDWFREAK53

Either put in the Walt Disney Museum or finally put in that "Magic" Restaurant that was rumored so long ago!

People want "different" experiences...

Heck, even a well done Mystery Dining Experience would be great! or...Dare I say it...a restaurant based on the Adventurer's Club! It could be a dinner show at night...and random skits during the daytime hours.

markjohns1

Some people will defend anything with the Disney moniker on it.

Curse the idea of filling a vacant space? Is that the test here? If it's vacant, fill it with any crap just as long as something is there, with no context to Disney World? (And to add insult to injury, charge admission to see it.) Maybe a history of waste disposal will be next...fills the space, and arguably more relevant.

A further decline in Disney World quality.
Some people will dismiss anything as "crap," simply because it's not what they want to see. So far the responses from those who have actually seen the exhibit (in a different locale) are generally positive. What constitutes something that has "context to Disney World" anyways? Sounds like one of those sliding scales based on personal preference (e.g. Stitch isn't a "real" Disney character). It is no more or less within "context" than the previous tenant.

Personally I think WDW needs a space where they can house traveling, temporary exhibits such as this one. The Pixar Art exhibit and the Jim Henson exhibit spring immediately to mind.

Another Epic Fail!!! DTD is for eating, drinking, shopping and until PI closed dancing. It has no place there and neither would One Mans Dream.

Time to start handing out pink slips to management!:fork:

jt04

Either put in the Walt Disney Museum or finally put in that "Magic" Restaurant that was rumored so long ago!

People want "different" experiences...

Heck, even a well done Mystery Dining Experience would be great! or...Dare I say it...a restaurant based on the Adventurer's Club! It could be a dinner show at night...and random skits during the daytime hours.

They should hire you to rebuild DTD.

WDW1974

Finally some real news!!!

I also think adding something like this clearly speaks to Disney's desperation at this point to put something into DD.

But I'll pass.

hrcollectibles

Maybe They (Disney) Are testing the market for a museum in that location. Maybe if this Dress Exhibit Does well then perhaps they will put in some sort of Disney Museum. Perhaps in time for Walt Disney World's 40th Birthday Celebration.. Besides this is Temporary... I for one will not go see it. If it doesn't interest you in the least then do not pay the admission price.

Tom Morrow

Wow. I can think of SO many things that would have been a better fit.

All I'm gonna say is, thank god this is temporary... but we all know what "temporary" means in Disney terms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom