Virgin Temporary replacement. Confimed

CJR

I don't see too many families spending $40+ to go see this. It's way over priced. You have AMC right next door and the new Character's in Flight that will both compete. Out of the three, what do you think a family visiting WDW would want to visit last? Most people will only do one... and I think that one would be Character's in Flight if they're going to shell out that kind of money.

If it were like $7 for an adult and $4 for a child, I could see it pulling people in and making a lot more money. It wouldn't really cost them anymore to run the thing and more people would probably buy tickets.....

ms7479a

I was thinking that a Madame Tussauds wax museum would be pretty awesome at Downtown Disney in the old Virgin Megastore building. I have been to the ones in NYC and Washington DC and they are alot of fun. It would be really cool if they could include characters/scenes from different Disney movies.

jt04

I was thinking that a Madame Tussauds wax museum would be pretty awesome at Downtown Disney in the old Virgin Megastore building. I have been to the ones in NYC and Washington DC and they are alot of fun. It would be really cool if they could include characters/scenes from different Disney movies.

I think it would work! But I'd rather have an ESPNZone. Maybe the idea would work at DHS.

markjohns1

You answered your own question. Pixar Art or Jim Henson exhibit would be fine. This Diana junk belongs on International Drive with Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Dare to not be a Disney acolyte...mediocrity should be condemned.
One person's junk is another person's treasure. Furthermore, how are you able to comment on the quality of an exhibit before it's even been made?

Yes... that is so totally me. I should stop paying my shrink.. and just go to you instead. :rolleyes: :lol: :p

Seriously.. you see NOTHING odd about this at all?

While we are at it... we should just change LaNouba to a old school carny freak show. I just might pay to see the worlds fattest bearded lady though. :lol: :shrug: :lookaroun
Odd only in the sense that I could never have predicted that this would be the next tenant in the old Virgin space. It's all about perspective, though. Seriously, I think people are WAY too stuck on the Diana part of this whole development. It's temporary, so I don't see why to dig too deeply into that. The announcement tells me that we might see a customizable, ever-changing exhibit space in DTD. I could see that being an excellent addition to the DTD experience, and something that isn't really available elsewhere on property.

worldfanatic

A Big "Who Cares" from me.
In all my WDW visits, I went in that music store once.
I'll never visit this exhibit.
So it's a wash.
What I really want is a place I can watch sporting events in DTD.

disneylad

DIS Unplugged

check out the opening segment of the latest roundtable on the DIS unplugged podcast. they pretty much sum up my feelings on the subject.

gardenia

You may not like the idea, But there is no need to be disrespectful!

I totally agree! Why all the venom? Last year there was a Princess Diana exhibit at the Hard Rock Hotel, and we got free tickets because we were guests there. I didn't know what to expect, and it's not the kind of thing I would normally go to. However, it was very tasteful and very touching. The folks who were tending the exhibit clearly worshiped the Princess and treated her legacy with respect. It was NOT a sideshow. I expect the DTD exhibit will be similar, and will draw more visitors than the sarcastic posts on this site would lead one to believe.

Fun2BFree

You may not like the idea, But there is no need to be disrespectful!

He's bashing the exhibit, not the princess. I can't see people queuing out of the door to look at practically anyone's clothes. Then again, an eraser used by Diana went for £540 at auction a few days back, so you never know.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I think this is a great idea. Not because I intend to visit, but purely that I know some sections will absolutely hate it, and that makes me smile.

jt04

I think this is a great idea. Not because I intend to visit, but purely that I know some sections will absolutely hate it, and that makes me smile.

Yep this will really stick it to the anti-gown crowd.

I can see them picketing now with their "Down With Gowns" signs.

And, "Gowns Are For Clowns!"

Any other ideas?

EPCOT Explorer

2186924247_5cb2d6583f.jpg

Major kudos if anyone gets this reference...;):lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom