Very Good News

headhoncho34

Original Poster
cant believe anyone is buying this horse ****
Its people who like you who and moan everyday that bring negative energy to this site. My guess is that when this done come to the table and gets approved youll still have something to complain about without looking at the bigger picture.

Captain Chaos

Its people who like you who and moan everyday that bring negative energy to this site. My guess is that when this done come to the table and gets approved youll still have something to complain about without looking at the bigger picture.

Shhhhhhh... I told you before, you have to forgive us for being skeptical... We know TDO's track record.. And it isn't good... Hope you are right, but we all seriously doubt it.. And even if they did announce it tomorrow, it would be a shell of what it could be...

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
So basically, you're saying that there are "big things" out there just waiting to get approved by the Disney execs? I think most of us "know" that.
So where's the big news? There are lots of "big things" that are "cool" and "innovative" that will "usurp" whatever might be in the "WWoHP."
I don't "see" what's "new" or "exciting" in your "post."

":animwink:"
What's with all the quotes?

RadioHead

Yeah, I don't really know what to say about this rumor...

If it's real that's awesome, but taking this with a grain of salt...

But I do believe that something is brewing for AK down the road. I do hope it will be the Mysterious Island that they have been kicking around, with the subs, and the JTTCOTE attractions...Would really give a GIGANTIC boost to AK, and then I could really call it the BEST Disney theme park in America. Only second to Tokyo Disney Sea which is amazing, unlike anything you've ever experienced...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
3 years ago WDW had Potter-killers lined up in each park and ready to go.

TDO said no.

Mermaid
Space Mountain 2.0
Imagination 4
Showcase project
Skydance
M:I Coaster / PP west
'Lucasland'
DAK phased Mountain project

2010 and the best so far is a delayed Mermaid. Even if the nod was given (and the budget) they wouldn`t be open for the 2012 summer season.

RadioHead

3 years ago WDW had Potter-killers lined up in each park and ready to go.

TDO said no.

Mermaid
Space Mountain 2.0
Imagination 4
Showcase project
Skydance
M:I Coaster / PP west
'Lucasland'
DAK phased Mountain project

2010 and the best so far is a delayed Mermaid. Even if the nod was given (and the budget) they wouldn`t be open for the 2012 summer season.

Well hopefully I'll live to 2060...I have all the time in the world right now.

Future Guy

Potter is a drop in the bucket. The last book has already been written, and the movies based on that book will come and go before too long. In fifteen years Potter will be regarded as a fad from the past like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Disney, on the other hand, has decades of nostalgia behind it, and they're always cranking out new stuff to hook the current generation of kids (yeah, a lot of it stinks, but 5-year-olds don't have very high standards. Heck, when I was 5 I though He-Man was cool). WWoHP is not, and never was going to be, the thing to give TDO a kick in their complacency. The only thing that will ever do it is if another area park were to markedly surpass anything at WDW, to the point where you saw a serious drop in attendance. The MK losing its distinction as "most visited theme park" to Universal, that's what it would take.

Until then, TDO will continue to shoot down awesome project after awesome project in favor of off-the-shelf coasters and low-cost meet-and-greets. After all, what's a corporation if not a bunch of men in suits who sit around a conference table and make bad decisions?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
your whole post is based on a post from a person on micechat with one post...

http://micechat.com/forums/walt-dis...wohp-but-same-time-cant-6.html#post1056070362

yeah...

im swallowing this bottle of salt

Not that I usually agree with Rob, but this is one post on MiceChat. Just like the "Fantasmic closing" thread, this is essentially a secondhand rumor about a secondhand rumor. I appreciate the OP putting it out there, but forget the bottle and reach straight for a salt lick with this one....

Mickey is King

Trust me, there WILL be MANY new attarctions and shows at WDWver the next 10 years. Some HUGE projects......some small.

Don't underestimate Disney. WDW will be upgrading & expanding parks.
Not wishful thinking, it will and is happening. Some has already started.

Hold on to your Mickey ears folks, things are gonna get REALLY COOL, very soon- you wait!

Not speculation, wait and see, that's all I can say.:slurp:

Master Gracey 5

Potter is a drop in the bucket. The last book has already been written, and the movies based on that book will come and go before too long. In fifteen years Potter will be regarded as a fad from the past like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Disney, on the other hand, has decades of nostalgia behind it, and they're always cranking out new stuff to hook the current generation of kids (yeah, a lot of it stinks, but 5-year-olds don't have very high standards. Heck, when I was 5 I though He-Man was cool). WWoHP is not, and never was going to be, the thing to give TDO a kick in their complacency. The only thing that will ever do it is if another area park were to markedly surpass anything at WDW, to the point where you saw a serious drop in attendance. The MK losing its distinction as "most visited theme park" to Universal, that's what it would take.

Until then, TDO will continue to shoot down awesome project after awesome project in favor of off-the-shelf coasters and low-cost meet-and-greets. After all, what's a corporation if not a bunch of men in suits who sit around a conference table and make bad decisions?

Those have been my Potter sentiments for years, but as you said "5-year olds don't have very high standards". To them, walking around a "wizard town" eating Jelly Belly's and drinking soda waving their toy wands is the greatest thing ever to happen.

Then those kids will grow up and either become normal people or real nerds, and us real nerds have Tolkien to obsess over instead. :cool:

Disney can essentially live forever on the classics like Cinderella, and Snow White, but with the quality movies Pixar has been adding we can hope they still have the imagination and energy to keep making wonderful new franchises that will fuel the parks for years to come. I'd love to see something new and exciting added to the parks, but lets face it, Harry Potter isn't the catalyst to drive those changes - they'll come on their own schedule.

Two cents spent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom