Very Good News

Passport

Well, I am already hearing rumblings with the WWoHP. It was mentioned on the news and a couple of friends of mine said it isn't a "world" but rather a small cramped and crowded piece of land and once people go there and see how small it really is, the newness will wear of quickly. So I don't think Disney needs to do anything to combat the HP mania. Any thoughts?

RobGraves

We just had Bob Iger say its time to cut back spending on the parks and that after the rush of things already in progress nothing new would be coming for a while... and yet people still will buy into this out of hope he was just "bluffing to the shareholders"

Face it. Disney is not the same company it used to be... the spirit of Walt is fading from the walls more and more every year. No one wants to take a risk, no one wants to do anything new.. and Tarps are an upgrade.

RobGraves

Those have been my Potter sentiments for years, but as you said "5-year olds don't have very high standards". To them, walking around a "wizard town" eating Jelly Belly's and drinking soda waving their toy wands is the greatest thing ever to happen.

Then those kids will grow up and either become normal people or real nerds, and us real nerds have Tolkien to obsess over instead. :cool:

Disney can essentially live forever on the classics like Cinderella, and Snow White, but with the quality movies Pixar has been adding we can hope they still have the imagination and energy to keep making wonderful new franchises that will fuel the parks for years to come. I'd love to see something new and exciting added to the parks, but lets face it, Harry Potter isn't the catalyst to drive those changes - they'll come on their own schedule.

Two cents spent.

Except that when you are there... you realize 5yr olds arent the target potter market... you see 10-30yr olds walking into the area... adults crying over how happy they are to be there and people buying lots of stuff...

how you can mention 5 yr olds when discussing a book series aimed at the teen/young adult market i dont know... if you want to mention 5yr olds having low standards i point you to FLE

2 DUMBOS!
MEET AND GREETS WITH PRINCESSES!
A RIDE BASED ON A 20YR OLD MOVIE!

Tom

Beta Return
Trust me, there WILL be MANY new attarctions and shows at WDWver the next 10 years. Some HUGE projects......some small.

Don't underestimate Disney. WDW will be upgrading & expanding parks.
Not wishful thinking, it will and is happening. Some has already started.

Hold on to your Mickey ears folks, things are gonna get REALLY COOL, very soon- you wait!

Not speculation, wait and see, that's all I can say.:slurp:

:ROFLOL:

:brick:

Mickey is King

:ROFLOL:

:brick:

This permits list is just gen. maint. stuff, happens everyday.
I'm talking projects- big one's, you'll see

The kinds of things you won't find in public record until it is well underway- proprietary stuff. SECRET- sssshhhhh......

That is all I'm putting in on this one. I don't want to get someone FIRED!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well, I am already hearing rumblings with the WWoHP. It was mentioned on the news and a couple of friends of mine said it isn't a "world" but rather a small cramped and crowded piece of land and once people go there and see how small it really is, the newness will wear of quickly. So I don't think Disney needs to do anything to combat the HP mania. Any thoughts?
I was thinking that I might go by 5 guys burgers and fries for lunch.:slurp::D

DisneyNut2007

We just had Bob Iger say its time to cut back spending on the parks and that after the rush of things already in progress nothing new would be coming for a while... and yet people still will buy into this out of hope he was just "bluffing to the shareholders"

Face it. Disney is not the same company it used to be... the spirit of Walt is fading from the walls more and more every year. No one wants to take a risk, no one wants to do anything new.. and Tarps are an upgrade.

OMFG! Not another idiotic brainless newbie who is dead wrong and knows that, but refuses to admit it! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DisneyNut2007

3 years ago WDW had Potter-killers lined up in each park and ready to go.

TDO said no.

Mermaid
Space Mountain 2.0
Imagination 4
Showcase project
Skydance
M:I Coaster / PP west
'Lucasland'
DAK phased Mountain project

2010 and the best so far is a delayed Mermaid. Even if the nod was given (and the budget) they wouldn`t be open for the 2012 summer season.

Stop being such a twit, blaming TDO for everything! Not everything is their doing, you know!

They don't have that much pull or power anyway!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We have one down the street. I heard to never get the large fry.
Every one who goes into 5 guys for the first time makes the same mistake and orders a regular bacon cheese burger and a large fry. You end up with a half pound burger that is a bout 6"-8" high and a good 2 pounds of the best french fries on the planet. You then feel compelled to eat it all and end up in a food induced coma about an hour later.:lol:

EmperorMilenko

Every one who goes into 5 guys for the first time makes the same mistake and orders a regular bacon cheese burger and a large fry. You end up with a half pound burger that is a bout 6"-8" high and a good 2 pounds of the best french fries on the planet. You then feel compelled to eat it all and end up in a food induced coma about an hour later.:lol:

oh my god ive never made this mistake but im starting to wish i had

Master Gracey 5

Except that when you are there... you realize 5yr olds arent the target potter market... you see 10-30yr olds walking into the area... adults crying over how happy they are to be there and people buying lots of stuff...

how you can mention 5 yr olds when discussing a book series aimed at the teen/young adult market i dont know... if you want to mention 5yr olds having low standards i point you to FLE

2 DUMBOS!
MEET AND GREETS WITH PRINCESSES!
A RIDE BASED ON A 20YR OLD MOVIE!

Don't get me wrong Rob, FLE is certainly not targeted towards adults either, but there are plenty of threads to discuss that.

I don't want to start an argument about Harry Potter. EDIT: rather than seem like I'm trolling, I removed my comment here. I'll be happy to discuss it with you via PM.

My point was that I don't think they have the staying power and neither the franchise, nor the new land will be a real threat to Disney and the parks long term. Ultimately time and attendance will tell.

bstiles

I don't think TDO will have a knee jerk reaction. The only thing I can see disney doing is if Potter really starts pulling attendence away, especially during the peak summer months is to start moving dirt on some really cool E tickets. All my fellow co-workers are going on and on about Potter. My one co-worker said her neighbor was down there for opening weekend and they didn't even get to ride forbidden journey. They went straight to guest relations and complained and they gave them tickets for 2 full days at universal for the whole family on their next trip. Whatever universal is doing they are doing it right and disney is holding steady.

So basically, you're saying that there are "big things" out there just waiting to get approved by the Disney execs? I think most of us "know" that.
So where's the big news? There are lots of "big things" that are "cool" and "innovative" that will "usurp" whatever might be in the "WWoHP."
I don't "see" what's "new" or "exciting" in your "post."

":animwink:"

Sorry for the OT, but I adore your Icon! Do you have a bigger shot of that that I may have? It's too cute! And 5 guys with mustard is the way to go :slurp:!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom