Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

Chomama

Like I said I know of multiple scenarios. I don’t know which one is coming.
Classic Martin response. 😂. (Not mocking, just respect for your ability to be cryptic yet intriguing). Gonna see if anyone else has some guesses...
Golden Oak?
Premier passport?(dual coast AP)
VIP tours and CL33 already have it so can’t be them....I’m out of ideas

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Do you pay $125 per person per day to get into those parks?

You make a good (price) point... we use military Max pass and it's like 12 bucks a person. Our military salute tickets are usually 45-50% of gate price. Who knows if they'll come back again either...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You make a good (price) point... we use military Max pass and it's like 12 bucks a person. Our military salute tickets are usually 45-50% of gate price. Who knows if they'll come back again either...
Just looked it up and it appears Disney is extending the 2020 Military Salute tickets through 26 Sep 2021.

milordsloth

I wish more people would see that side of a paid system. So many Disney fans love planning out their spreadsheet for a vacation. It feels like many don't go to other parks to know how great a paid system is.

I actually really enjoy the FlashPass at six flags parks. Seems like people rarely pony up the extra cost so if you do, the time savings is incredible. Last summer walking straight onto a river-rapids multiple times while the normal line was 2+ hours was awesome. However, I hope WDW does something like maxpass which is more affordable for sure.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Just looked it up and it appears Disney is extending the 2020 Military Salute tickets through 26 Sep 2021.
Those are for current tickets they extended days out, but they've froze selling any new ones. We need a few more for our December trip. Hopefully they release the freezer soon. We should've just bought our maximum allotment before all the COVID stupidity hit. Hindsight.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I've always thought that the natural evolution of this would be to use FP options as an incentive for on-property stays. I wouldn't be surprised if there comes a day where the amount/type of FP you receive on a daily basis directly corresponds to where you are staying (on-property vs off - Deluxe/DVC vs Moderate vs Value). The cost of which will be buried into the room cost.

Touchdown

The only rides that run out of Maxpass early are RSR, Space GotG and TSMM. You can usually pull a Fastpass for the other attractions up to 2 hours before close except on really busy days (this is pre Star Wars.)

Im pretty sure people who had not pulled a Max Pass for a ride that day had priority (But it could still run out.)

Chomama

Bumping for those discussing in the covid thread. This intrigued me and would love any help figuring it out! Sounds like even resort guest won’t have the option to buy it

Ldno

So as far as TWDC is concerned, MaxPass is an insufficient level of monetization for FP.

MaxPass also wouldn’t work in WDW because there is no “free paper FP” to fall back on. The “classic” WDW FP machines/kiosks were retired many years ago.

Disney’s goal is to make as much money from FP as they can get away with. If you want to see what is in WDW’s future (and DLR’s), just look at what they’ve been doing in both Shanghai and Paris.

Previously, one of the challenges with implementing paid FP in the domestic parks was minimizing the negative attention / guest sentiment they’d get from removing an existing benefit.

Now that FP as we know it is gone “until further notice”, it is a prime opportunity for TWDC to overhaul and monetize FP without being seen as “taking away a benefit” since FP is already gone due to COVID restrictions.
I loved the old FP pre 2014 in WDW, when I found out DL had it with max pass i managed to ride get the most out of all the rides better than FP, what you forget though is that Max pass is done via the app with the same exact rules the paper machine kiosks enforces, I would pay for max pass any day of the week simply because I could guarantee get like 8 fast pass tickets a single day with photopass than get 3 fast pass per day and maybe fourth if I’m lucky to get a reservation 6 days in advance and pay the 200 bucks for photopass for the Whole family.

Max pass was worth the extra 14 dollars tbh simply because it’s a paid extra, and i could a fast pass every hour and i could plan out my day the SAME day off and not months. Granted everyone gets FP for free in WDW but still a lot of people don’t know they have to be up two months out to get a good reservation if they are staying out side a resort or six months out if in a resort, i mean it’s a lot to take in, granted i learned the hard way and seriously for last minute planning max pass goes a long way to making sure a family can guarantee to see big queue rides at least the same day if possible As long as you get to the park early in the morning.

Granted now that FP is gone and crowds are back to smaller/manageable sizes no need to plan or worry about not missing out which was the whole point of “FP/Max Pass in the First place”.

Jon81uk

MaxPass proved to TWDC that people will pay for FP. Now TWDC wants to capitalize on that even more by getting rid of free FP, just like they have now done in Shanghai.

MaxPass is NOT people paying for FP, all you get is the ability to collect a FastPass return time, using your smart device. You still have the same restrictions on the return time that people who are not paying have, just less walking. Its also possible for all return times to get distributed and then despite "paying" for FP you can't get a return time.
I love MaxPass as an easier way to use FastPass and regular FastPass doesn't have the issues that FP+ have of booking in advance and the planning needed.
But it does favour those who arrive into a park earlier in the day, brand-new headline attractions do fully distribute all FPs in the morning, if you arrive after midday then it can be hard to get an FP for Radiator Springs Racers.

The paid for Premier Access gives you access to the ride anytime after you have paid for it, there are no time restrictions as in regular FP and FP+.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Maxpass sounds great for the open to close crowd, but sounds like it kind of sucks for locals. I miss the pre-covid days of grabbing a fastpass or two in the morning and hitting a park for an hour on a whim in the afternoon.

MaxPass makes no difference in that situation, it is the same as old paper FastPass. At Disneyland you would need to be physically present in the park to grab the FastPass, no matter whether you have MaxPass or using the machine in person. Its only at WDW where FP+ allows you to book a pass from home.

SoFloMagic

MaxPass makes no difference in that situation, it is the same as old paper FastPass. At Disneyland you would need to be physically present in the park to grab the FastPass, no matter whether you have MaxPass or using the machine in person. Its only at WDW where FP+ allows you to book a pass from home.
My bad, I wasn't clear at all. I meant grabbing a fastpass+ on my phone while at work, then heading to the parks and knowing what I could do.
But it sounds from others like maxpass typically still has some availability for late arrivals.

Touchdown

Maxpass is not exactly like old Fastpass besides the phone access:

-If during the day a line length decreases in an unexpected way more Maxpasses will become available immediately (return time will change to an earlier time) which does not happen for the people using the kiosks

-You can pull a Maxpass whose window starts immediately, paper best case scenario is 30 min later

Kevin_W

I actually really enjoy the FlashPass at six flags parks. Seems like people rarely pony up the extra cost so if you do, the time savings is incredible. Last summer walking straight onto a river-rapids multiple times while the normal line was 2+ hours was awesome. However, I hope WDW does something like maxpass which is more affordable for sure.

On the flipside, people like me stopped going to Cedar Point becasue of their skip-the-line system. Standing in a slowly moving line while I watch someone that paid more than I did ride the ride 4 times is infuriating.

Jrb1979

On the flipside, people like me stopped going to Cedar Point becasue of their skip-the-line system. Standing in a slowly moving line while I watch someone that paid more than I did ride the ride 4 times is infuriating.
Such is life. I go to Cedar Point a lot and love the skip-the-line system. I will gladly pay an extra $100 so I can ride more and be able to eat at Melt. I guess you won't be going to Disney then either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom