Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

rle4lunch

Original Poster
I was scrolling one of the DVC member newsfeeds this morning on Facebook and someone dropped on instagram how her and her family were able to do multiple FOP rides in one day due to something new that was coming out in May, but she couldn't go into detail just yet. Lots of comments were thinking that MaxPass will be showing up in WDW.

I searched the WDW forums and it doesn't look like this has been discussed yet. If it has, please delete and or send me to the right thread. Thx.

The Pho

MaxPass is kind of already there, it’s just booking fastpasses on your phone. The only way to really bring more to it would be holding back enough passes for it to work day of, which would be hybriding the Land and World fastpass systems then. Doing that would also remove a big incentive for many to stay on site. And getting multiple for Flight of Passage day of is certainly possible right now with refreshing and luck, so maybe they were referring to that and thought it was a new thing.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
#FakeNews. Disney will NEVER monetize FastPass, remember? Bunches of pixie dusters said so. ;)

I'm not seeing how MaxPass (booking FastPasses on your phone) translates at WDW, where you've been able to do that for many, many moons. Taking this with a healthy dose of salt for now.

bubbles1812

Maxpass as in Disneyland. I paid for maxpass but u Can’t use it until u enter the park that day. It saves u from having to find the walk up FP kiosks in the park by being able to use the app. Since it’s our first trip to Disneyland we figured it was worth the money by saving us valuable time.
I'm confused... Can't you already book FPs on the app? After my scheduled 3 are up at WDW, I always book more through the App. I never go in search of the kiosks. So what's the difference with MaxPass vs what you can do at WDW now via the app?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
#FakeNews. Disney will NEVER monetize FastPass, remember? Bunches of pixie dusters said so. ;)

I'm not seeing how MaxPass (booking FastPasses on your phone) translates at WDW, where you've been able to do that for many, many moons. Taking this with a healthy dose of salt for now.
Think the Concierge Level test... $50 per person per day gets 3 additional FP+s reserved up to 90 days in advance.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Think the Concierge Level test... $50 per person per day gets 3 additional FP+s reserved up to 90 days in advance.

Exactly. The poster was explicit on the fact that she couldn't discuss how she was able to do it until it rolled out in May as well. This may be an individual park thing vice all of WDW.

bubbles1812

:hilarious: Got it. I guess I didn't realize that you couldn't book through the app for Disneyland or couldn't previously apparently...but now with a surcharge! I haven't been to DL since 2014. The idea of having to go find a kiosk is something I haven't done since the advent of MDE. I just go book another on the app after I've used the first three.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I was scrolling one of the DVC member newsfeeds this morning on Facebook and someone dropped on instagram how her and her family were able to do multiple FOP rides in one day due to something new that was coming out in May, but she couldn't go into detail just yet. Lots of comments were thinking that MaxPass will be showing up in WDW.

I searched the WDW forums and it doesn't look like this has been discussed yet. If it has, please delete and or send me to the right thread. Thx.
That's not what MaxPass is. FastPass+ already has all of the functionality of MaxPass, plus the ability to pre-book three attractions.

Exactly. The poster was explicit on the fact that she couldn't discuss how she was able to do it until it rolled out in May as well. This may be an individual park thing vice all of WDW.
MAYBE there's some kind of monetized FastPass system coming, but MaxPass is nothing more than booking FPs on your phone, which FP+ already allows. The thread title should be changed.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Change the thread title and you might get more traction. "MaxPass at WDW" is an incoherent concept if you have any idea what MaxPass is.

I know what it is and how it works at DL. I'm just reposting a HUGE rumor that started going on in the DVC FB and IG boards right now.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
That's not what MaxPass is. FastPass+ already has all of the functionality of MaxPass, plus the ability to pre-book three attractions.

MAYBE there's some kind of monetized FastPass system coming, but MaxPass is nothing more than booking FPs on your phone, which FP+ already allows. The thread title should be changed.

understood. I'm guessing the monetized version would take the wait away from booking/using your 3 then retrying to get more.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I know what it is and how it works at DL. I'm just reposting a HUGE rumor that started going on in the DVC FB and IG boards right now.
No you're not.

The rumor is "Disney might start charging for some kind of upgraded FastPass system." That's a rumor worth discussing. It's not the same thing as saying "WDW might implement MaxPass."

understood. I'm guessing the monetized version would take the wait away from booking/using your 3 then retrying to get more.
That's fine. It's still not MaxPass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom