Using a Travel Agent?

Beetuna

Hi guys,
smile.gif

So from one of my recent posts, I have seen there are some benefits to using Travel Agents when booking for Disney. I don't want to get into a discussion on using a TA vs not using one.
What I would like are any opinions or feedback on the MANY options I've seen mentioned in just a few places! Some of them are even being suggested on my own posts!
goodvibes.gif

Magical Memories
Small World
Dreams Unlimited
Mouse Ears Vacations
Mouseketrips
SmallWorld Vacations
AAA
Magical Vacations
Magical Journeys
Kingdom Konsultants
Off to Neverland Travel
mymagicdestinations

That is a lot of options!
scared07.gif
Does anyone have any solid feedback, or positive/negative experiences, with these? How is one supposed to choose?!

Thanks!

cdunbar

Guys, thank you all for the information. :) :ROFLOL:

@karenatwdw - what kind of discounts/perks does AAA give?

@the rest.. seems everyone is talking about KK. I can't help but wonder if I need to take this with a grain of salt.. seems like a pretty biased community. :shrug:

I've received some messages on other forums saying they have heard some 'not so good things' about KK (although I couldn't get specifics.. maybe just dirty marketing tactics haha).
The website seems a little :lookaroun ... and they have a link to "their facebook page" which doesn't exist. Not much info here.. and they're based out of .. New Jersey?! Wouldn't I want to book with an agency based in Orlando?

Not trying to trash on anything. :) Just playing devil's advocate I guess... being the cautious new guy.
Well they may be based out of New Jersey but in my opinion that shouldn't matter. If they are making your dinning and hotel reservations, or cruise reservations they can pretty much do that from anywhere, I mean especially with the internet. I think the reason that we are all so passionate about KK here is that they are Disney People, they know everything they know because they've been there, and done it themselves. I mean there is even an agent here who is with a not so well known group and is saying they've learned alot from KK. Steve, wdwmagic, is not just vouching for KK because they help out with the bills related to the forum but because he's used them and knows what their service involves. Every site has a travel agency who sponsors it, but let me tell you that I've been on micechat, and laughing place and there is no other Disney site except magic that has their act together. If you're going to make more than one Disney trip, which I'm sure you will if you're a member of this site :lol:, then give KK a shot, and if you don't like their service than move on to someone else. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Phonedave

@the rest.. seems everyone is talking about KK. I can't help but wonder if I need to take this with a grain of salt.. seems like a pretty biased community. :shrug:

I've received some messages on other forums saying they have heard some 'not so good things' about KK (although I couldn't get specifics.. maybe just dirty marketing tactics haha).
The website seems a little :lookaroun ... and they have a link to "their facebook page" which doesn't exist. Not much info here.. and they're based out of .. New Jersey?! Wouldn't I want to book with an agency based in Orlando?

Not trying to trash on anything. :) Just playing devil's advocate I guess... being the cautious new guy.

Not biased at all. I used KK and I liked them - period. In fact is may just be Marie that is a good agent for all I know, that is the only person I have dealt with.

As for New Jersey - Aside from Florida, NJ is the state that WDW gets the most guests from. That would seem to be a pretty good reason for an agency that specialized in WDW to be in NJ.

I will also be the first to admit that KK's website does not reflect the professional nature of the agency.

-dave

Upvote 0

Mikester71

We have always used CAA (our AAA up here in Canada) and did once again for our trip next March. I wouldn't call our agent a Disney expert by any means, but she definitely knows what she is doing and helps us any way she can. The main reason I went with her over trying Kingdom Konsultants is that is was just easier dealing with someone local, who is only minutes away if we need to talk to her or go in and change something. Plus, we bring my mother-in-law and brother with us each trip, and my brother usually puts a little money down each month on his part of the trip instead of paying it all off at once like us. Makes it way easier for him to just pop in and visit her whenever he wants to make a payment this way.

It is nice to get the extra little bonuses you get through CAA/AAA as well (Diamond Parking Pass, discounts at certain stores & restaurants, luggage tags, etc), although we don't always end up using all of them each time. Still, nice to get them for free!

Here's a link to the AAA up here in Michigan showing the benefits you get when booking through AAA:

http://michigan.aaa.com/page/Disney-Destinations/pc/686/c/791/791.uts

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Rating a travel agency is based upon limited experience. Are there agencies who can do a better job than KK? I suspect there are.

But, how many of us want to risk having our vacations ruined trying to find out?

I use KK because they've done everything I've needed in a friendly yet professional way, without any vacation glitches. Well, except for that fall and the broken teeth incident, but I don't think Pam could have done anything to prevent it.

I may be one of the few forum members who have used them for non-Disney travel, and I must say that we had the vacation of a lifetime, in Greece & Turkey, thanks to Pam.

I live within driving distance of WDW, so book room only visits. It's still easier to have Pam or another KK agent do all of the searching, spend time on the phone, etc. Pam knows what I like, so all I do is give her my dates, and she calls me with a few options, I decide, and we're done in one short phone call.

So, I've found them to be the perfect agency for me. I suspect that internet complaints arrive from the fact that other agents are not allowed to "advertise" here, as it isn't fair to give them space when others pay for the opportunity.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor

HI Beetuna

Perhaps I can shed some light on the subject for you. And yes I do want to thank all of our clientele that have come forward on here to vouch for our services. It is greatly appreciated!!

First let me explain to you a little about our agency. We are an Earmarked Agency which means that the Walt Disney Travel Company has seen fit that we have earned this title as an Authorized Disney Travel Planner. In order to recieve this honor which only is bestowed upon select agencies in the United States you must have a certain amount of sales combined with your knowledge of the Disney product. All of my agents must complete the College of Disney Knowledge in order for this to happen also. When Disney first gave us this honor we were only 4 agents strong. This being Marie(wannabebelle), Elizabeth(pinkrose), Evan(DisneyInsider) and myself.
Disney acknowledged our hard work my giving us this honor and I am happy to say that we have grown to 11 agents in the last few years.

As far as AAA/CAA please keep in mind that when Disney puts out their discounted offers it evens out the playing field since they will not allow AAA/CAA to further discount an already discounted package.

We do have many clients from WDWMagic from the fact that we are the travel sponsor here as would any Disney fan based website that has a travel sponsor. BUT.. we also get many clients from the fact that we are mentioned in at least 2 Disney Travel guides that I know of, google seaches, yahoo seaches, other Disney fan based sites that we do not advertise on and we get a HUGE amount of referral work from out past clients.

So take it with a grain of salt or not.... we love what we do and it shows with our clientele. As far as hearing not so good things, I do google our company quite often and do various searches on other sites to see what is being said about us and I have yet to find anything negative. So yes.. could be a marketing strategy by another agency... could be sour grapes....who knows.

And here is the link for our facebook page which does indeed exist. You will find all of my agents listed on there as well. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=46327932511&ref=ts
You are more than welcome to join since we do send information to members on the different promotions Disney offers and feel free to friend me or one or all of my agents on there.

Our website has the basics on there. The booking form link as well as a Disney content page and testimonials from our clients. Was there something specific that you were looking for on there?

As far as us being from New Jersey....why not use us? The amount of time we spend at WDW plus the training that the agents have to go through in order to sell the product more than qualifies us. If you have a good agency that is Earmarked and knows their stuff when it comes to Disney why not New Jersey?

Kingdom Konsultant Travel is used by guests from all over the world that are traveling to/on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, the Disney Cruise line and the new Adventures by Disney guided tours. We have clients from England, Ireland, Germany, Canada, the Caribbean, South America and Australia along with our clients from the USA. We are web based and all of my agents are home based and located throughout the United States. Our main office is located in New Jersey which is where I am along with Denise and Danielle.

I understand you want to be cautious...... or play devils advocate.
Call me.... talk to me. Then you can better judge as whether to use us. Contact one of my other agents if you want. They all love to talk to people on the phone especially about Disney......
They are not just my agents, they are my family. They are some of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet. And I hear it from the Disney Castmembers that they talk to in reservations every day. They thank me for having such nice agents and that it's such a pleasure to talk/deal with them.

Have a Magical Day!

Pam

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

A large number of Disney-focused travel agencies are based in NJ.

Dreams Unlimited
Small World Vacations
Dream Come True Vacations
Kingdom Konsultants
Mickey Vacations
My Favorite Mouse
Travel Magic
Magical Vacations

Others, such as MouseFanTravel and MouseEarsVacations are in Washington State.

Most of these agencies, even though they are based in a certain state, have agents that are scattered across the US.

Does it really matter where the agency or agent is located?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A large number of Disney-focused travel agencies are based in NJ.

Dreams Unlimited
Small World Vacations
Dream Come True Vacations
Kingdom Konsultants
Mickey Vacations
My Favorite Mouse
Travel Magic
Magical Vacations

Others, such as MouseFanTravel and MouseEarsVacations are in Washington State.

Most of these agencies, even though they are based in a certain state, have agents that are scattered across the US.

Does it really matter where the agency or agent is located?
Quite correct. I am in Florida, Marie is in Long Island, Pam is in Jersey, etc

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I have done all of my own arrangements for many years, but more recently, the process has become almost as complex as doing my taxes, so I have now been using Kingdom Konsultants. There are other good agencies out there, but be sure to use one that knows and specializes in Disney...there is a difference. AAA has good packages but the people you deal with are just following a script, they don't often have first hand insight and don't have the capability of arranging for details of a trip. This is especially important if you don't know the ins and outs of what is available.

For me, it is great booking a trip and knowing that I will get a callback if a new and better rate becomes available (which has happened often), and to keep track of the rates and special offers is a real chore. They can also handle making ADR's rather than my going through the hassle of wait times and call backs to try to get what I want. KK does that for me.

Finally, there is the personal touch. If there is a problem or if I want to make some last minute changes, I have a PERSON to call, not just a number linking to a bank of operators. The importance of that just can't be stressed enough.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I have done all of my own arrangements for many years, but more recently, the process has become almost as complex as doing my taxes, so I have now been using Kingdom Konsultants. There are other good agencies out there, but be sure to use one that knows and specializes in Disney...there is a difference. AAA has good packages but the people you deal with are just following a script, they don't often have first hand insight and don't have the capability of arranging for details of a trip. This is especially important if you don't know the ins and outs of what is available.

For me, it is great booking a trip and knowing that I will get a callback if a new and better rate becomes available (which has happened often), and to keep track of the rates and special offers is a real chore. They can also handle making ADR's rather than my going through the hassle of wait times and call backs to try to get what I want. KK does that for me.

Finally, there is the personal touch. If there is a problem or if I want to make some last minute changes, I have a PERSON to call, not just a number linking to a bank of operators. The importance of that just can't be stressed enough.

I agree! When Pam found out about my accident a few days later, she wanted to know why I hadn't called (it happened at JFK, and I ended up having to fly out of Newark the next day) as she would have picked me up at the airport and taken me to an ER, hotel, booked another flight, etc.

I told her I didn't have her number in my contacts - but the next time I use her services I will. ;)

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

seems everyone is talking about KK. I can't help but wonder if I need to take this with a grain of salt.. seems like a pretty biased community.

ANY Disney community is going to show a bias towards their travel agent sponsor - some will not even allow you to speak about non-sponsors on their community; some won't even allow you to link to allears.net....

For example, head over to the disboards and ask the same question about which TA to use, the majority will tell you to use Dreams Unlimited as they do sponsor those boards.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

We used Kingdom Konsultants for our Disneyland Trip this past year and let me tell you Elizabeth was great to us! We had so many complications come up...between us booking off property, then switching to on property, then having to shorten our trip because our friends were getting married and i was in the wedding, then the wedding being cancelled so we added a day back to our trip, then Disneyland released a new package and we added another day back to our trip...Elizabeth never batted an eye while dealing with us. I've never had someone else book a trip for me so I was alittle overbearing at first IMO, but she handled it well and was always on top of everything even if I wasn't!

I hope she comes back in time to book our DL Paris trip! :) We will definitely be using KK again...especially because I find the DLP website VERY confusing!!!

Thank you so very much! :eek: I reallly enjoyed working with you guys and do look forward to working with you again in the future. :) I will be back to booking vacations once things slow down for me. In the mean time, I am keeping up to date on everything, and missing my wonderful clients like crazy!

As Pam and Richard mentioned, we are scattered all over the US and we each visit Disney a lot. I'm in Alabama.

Upvote 0

corey154

I've used Expedia in the past for booking my rooms because i'm a local and i never get packages, but from talking with Master Yoda on these forums, I'm going to start using him (if I can ever afford another Disney vacation...lol) If you are familar with these boards Master Yoda is always helping answering questions, and is located in Florida. I believe he had a short trip report himself from Halloween, I may be incorrect but I'm pretty sure I'm right....anyhoo my point is he is familar with Disney and is always helping answering questions, he knows his stuff.

If you don't want to go with one of these Disney travel agents, try a local agent. My Mom has an agent she uses for all her trips and her agent got her good rates on rooms at Disney last year.

Upvote 0

Philo

I've always booked my own tips apart from our very first visit which we did with a highstreet TA.

In future, I will still be looking at doing it myself but will defiantly be dropping a message to Kingdom Consultants as I've heard many, many good things.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've used Expedia in the past for booking my rooms because i'm a local and i never get packages, but from talking with Master Yoda on these forums, I'm going to start using him (if I can ever afford another Disney vacation...lol) If you are familar with these boards Master Yoda is always helping answering questions, and is located in Florida. I believe he had a short trip report himself from Halloween, I may be incorrect but I'm pretty sure I'm right....anyhoo my point is he is familar with Disney and is always helping answering questions, he knows his stuff.

If you don't want to go with one of these Disney travel agents, try a local agent. My Mom has an agent she uses for all her trips and her agent got her good rates on rooms at Disney last year.
Thanks for the kind words.:eek:

You are correct. I live in Jacksonville Florida which is about a 2.5 hour drive away and I go to the parks as much as possible (Heading to Epcot on Saturday:sohappy:) which ends up being about 8-10 times per year. And here is the trip report you spoke about.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=496627

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I'm in Colorado!:)

Distances from Florida haven't kept any of us from making it there and knowing our product. In addition to countless trips to Disney World, I've been to Disneyland 30+ times, and I'm leaving for my 5th Disney cruise in two weeks.

I was just at some specialized travel agent training in February at Disney World, and out of 30 agents, 3 were from Florida. And to tell you the truth, those 3 knew less about booking Disney then the rest of us. They'd been to the parks, sure, but the ins and outs of the dining plan, the discounts, park updates, etc.? They had no idea.

I'm sure they are all good travel agents, but being based in Florida just doesn't mean as much in this day and age of internet and airplanes.:)

Upvote 0

Beetuna

Original Poster
Wow talk about KK overload! :king:

I'd love to see bios for the agents--are there any on the website? I couldn't find anything like that. When using the services, are you just 'assigned' someone, or do you pick a particular a person?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow talk about KK overload! :king:

I'd love to see bios for the agents--are there any on the website? I couldn't find anything like that. When using the services, are you just 'assigned' someone, or do you pick a particular a person?
We all have facebook pages which will tell you quite a bit about each of us. They can be found on the KK facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=ts&gid=46327932511 As far as which agent you use that is totally up to you.

Upvote 0

StitchMom84

I had used a local travel agent when we had taken a trip back in 1992. ( Back when there were many such agencies locally ). When my daughter was married in 2000 and her (then) fiance booked their honeymoon trip, he also used a local travel agent. Both of our experiences were positive.
When checking on our 2007 trip, I realized that things had changed greatly and the options, prices, ADR's were all way too confusing for me and it was difficult to figure it all out ( and still is ). We had a good idea of what we wanted, so finding the right person/agency to help us out was a must.
I did not know of KK at the time, so I used a different agency specializing in Disney - MouseFanTravel/MEI Travel.
I emailed them and shortly afterwards was contacted by a wonderful agent name Stephne who works out of the Salt Lake City area of Utah.
She is fabulous. She is a former DisneyLand Cast member as well, so she has, not only travel knowledge, but an insider's view as well.
If I have a question on anything, not only does she promptly answer me, but she will also consult anyone else in her agency to find out if they or any of their clients might have any first hand knowledge of what I'm asking. She's awesome!
Just the fact that she gets up in the middle of the night ( Utah time ) to make our ADR's at 180 days out is worth it to us!!
She keeps watch for any specials and keeps in contact for any updates or changes that might affect or benefit us.
I am sure that KK does the same thing, and I have heard very good things about them.
The best thing is to email one( or several ) and whichever one gives you the best info and service is the one you should consider.
With so many "storefront" agencies gone now, the internet agents have become the norm, I believe.
As with anything else, make sure you do a little homework however, before using any particular agency. Word of mouth and advise that you will find here should be very helpful to you.
Good luck and have fun planning your trip. Nothing is more exciting than receving that packet from your agent with all of your documents..it means you're REALLY going!!

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom