Using a Travel Agent?

Beetuna

Hi guys,
smile.gif

So from one of my recent posts, I have seen there are some benefits to using Travel Agents when booking for Disney. I don't want to get into a discussion on using a TA vs not using one.
What I would like are any opinions or feedback on the MANY options I've seen mentioned in just a few places! Some of them are even being suggested on my own posts!
goodvibes.gif

Magical Memories
Small World
Dreams Unlimited
Mouse Ears Vacations
Mouseketrips
SmallWorld Vacations
AAA
Magical Vacations
Magical Journeys
Kingdom Konsultants
Off to Neverland Travel
mymagicdestinations

That is a lot of options!
scared07.gif
Does anyone have any solid feedback, or positive/negative experiences, with these? How is one supposed to choose?!

Thanks!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
After being on these boards for 8 years and not hearing a single negative comment about KK from groups who have book trips through them, I have absolutely NO problem using them (specifically Richard) for my honeymoon planning details this September. :wave:

LIKE......We need a like button like they have on FACEBOOK. :lol:

Pam

Upvote 0

Mikester71

We've used AAA for all of our Disney Trips and haven't had a bad experience yet. The travel agents we've used have all been well versed in Disney, though we generally know what we want and don't have many questions. The AAA benefits are good - they'll send you a packet a month or so out with lots of coupons, premium parking, luggage tags, things of that sort. AAA also made it easy to change our reservations when new discounts came out.

AAA also has a discount based on how many Disney trips you've booked through them. For our last trip they gave us $100 off - a nice unexpected discount!

Now this I didn't know! The trip I booked in March for next March will be my fourth using CAA and I was never told about this. You wouldn't happen to know how many you have to book through them before you get this discount, would you?

And our trips are pretty easy to book for our agent too. Like you, we know exactly what we are booking (book the same resort, same amount of days, same people every trip) when I go in to see her and we don't get the dining plan, so I don't need ADR's and all that good stuff!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I completely understand your points, and I'm certainly not saying every AAA agent is good or bad when it comes to Disney. I was just relaying my experience I had. I don't think I would have been as critical if the seminar wasn't billed as being presented by a AAA "Disney Expert." Since she was billed as an expert, I expected that she would know a good deal of information, certainly on the more basic questions she was asked. She was asked several fairly basic questions, and she either couldn't answer them or didn't answer them clearly. She certainly could have been having a bad day, and I don't think she's a bad person for that. Just not a good first impression of AAA and our local "Disney Expert," enough to turn me off from futher pursuing their service in regards to Disney. I have used the local office several times for getting other information, buying travel gear, etc... and have always been pleased.

I can see where you are coming from on this, especially since she WAS billed as a "Disney Expert" and incorrectly answered more than just that one question you previously mentioned. They (AAA) really should have sent someone better prepared.

When it comes to booking our trips, I, fortunately, pretty much have everything worked out and just use CAA for the convenience of being able to go in and make payments locally and for the CAA/AAA benefits. We never do the dining plan, so I don't need ADR's made or anything. So that is why it wasn't all that important to me if our agent was a "Disney Expert" or not. Any questions or advice I need I usually get answered on here by people who REALLY know the ins and outs of Disney!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Mike, You are correct, there are some AAA Agents who are VERY well versed in all things Disney, however that is usually more dependent on the person you get and not the company you call in that particular case, as they are so large. With most of the smaller agencies such as KK, we are specifically selected to be agents in the first place, based on that knowledge. I know that was part of my selection criteria. The vast majority of our business is Disney ( WDW, Cruiseline, DL etc) and so we know the product inside out. As someone else on here had mentioned I think talking to the agent in question and seeing which is a better fit for your family and who you are comfortable with is the best approach. Have a great day all!! Marie

Honestly, I have recommended KK to people based just on the feedback and praise I see here on the forums on a daily basis. I can't recall EVER seeing a bad review on here for your services. The ONLY reason I go with CAA over you guys is convenience. Our trip is pretty straight forward every time....6 of us staying at Pop Century, 2 connecting rooms, 10 days with MYW Park Hopper Tickets with Water Parks & More Option and no dining plan. But I usually go in a year out from our next trip and get my CAA agent here in Sarnia to book it so that my brother can go in and make payments whenever he has some extra money. We always take my brother and my mother-in-law with us, and although we usually just go in and pay our whole package off in August when the new rates come out, my brother usually has to start paying on his part as soon as possible so he can get it all paid off before the 40/45 day window. And by having somewhere locally where he can just take a bus to (doesn't drive) and put $100 or $50 every now and then is a huge advantage for him.

Keep up the good work though Marie and Kingdom Konsultants and thanks for all the help you provide on here too!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Honestly, I have recommended KK to people based just on the feedback and praise I see here on the forums on a daily basis. I can't recall EVER seeing a bad review on here for your services. The ONLY reason I go with CAA over you guys is convenience. Our trip is pretty straight forward every time....6 of us staying at Pop Century, 2 connecting rooms, 10 days with MYW Park Hopper Tickets with Water Parks & More Option and no dining plan. But I usually go in a year out from our next trip and get my CAA agent here in Sarnia to book it so that my brother can go in and make payments whenever he has some extra money. We always take my brother and my mother-in-law with us, and although we usually just go in and pay our whole package off in August when the new rates come out, my brother usually has to start paying on his part as soon as possible so he can get it all paid off before the 40/45 day window. And by having somewhere locally where he can just take a bus to (doesn't drive) and put $100 or $50 every now and then is a huge advantage for him.

Keep up the good work though Marie and Kingdom Konsultants and thanks for all the help you provide on here too!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the recommendations. I can certainly understand that you would want to work with someone locally, expecially given the scenario that you have with your brother-in-law. That to me makes sense. Have a great day!!! :wave: Marie

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

Now this I didn't know! The trip I booked in March for next March will be my fourth using CAA and I was never told about this. You wouldn't happen to know how many you have to book through them before you get this discount, would you?

And our trips are pretty easy to book for our agent too. Like you, we know exactly what we are booking (book the same resort, same amount of days, same people every trip) when I go in to see her and we don't get the dining plan, so I don't need ADR's and all that good stuff!

I had never heard of this either - the travel agent simply told me that AAA has an automatic discount that is calculated based on how much you spent on your last trip (ours was 5 nights at Pop Century in Jan '08) and how much you spend on your currently booked trip (7 nights at the Yacht Club in '10). The discount is subtracted from your final payment that you make 45 days out. This was only my second time booking the trip myself through them, so I'm not sure about other specifics. You might be able to ask about it when you're booking if the travel agent doesn't mention it.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Cool...will definitely have to inquire next time I am talking to Laura (my CAA agent). Already put our down payment on the rooms in March, but will have to ask her about it either before we pay it off or when I go in in August to switch it over to a package deal with the new prices.

Thanks again DrummerAlly!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom