Updates on Kilamanjaro Safaris Refurb?

Mrs. Jobson

The Zebras were hard to get along with. They kinda bullied some of the other animals. That's how they protected themselves in the wild. I hope they will be happier in their new surroundings although I am gonna miss that part of the ride path. Those were some good memories! Does anybody remember the Poacher's Jeep that we used to chase in the Geyser's area? They actually used to shoot at our trucks!;) That's ok, we always caught them in the end!

So long Little Red!:(

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The zebras were being jerks.

Can you blame them? They probably saw how zebras fared on the Jungle Cruise (despite what you tour guide says, the lion are not "protecting that sleeping zebra") and figured they weren't gonna let that happen on this attraction as well!

Mrs. Jobson

AKkiliplane1.jpg

Mrs. Jobson

I loved that back story. I am going to miss that....
RP
Me too RickP330. I know that they are trying to make it better, but it was a special time in my life and look back on the fond memories of how it used to be. I actually had to climb into the back of the truck one night to close the flaps where Little Red was and I found a little Tree Frog sitting on Little Red's head. I guess the little frog knew no one would bother him there. He was a little suprised to see me to say the least.

I just hope we all are going to like the changes. Good news is...we get to see more of the Zebras!!!

Grumpy1973

Rode it last weekend and was disappointed in the changes, and if they are going to rely on the driver alone its going to be a constant hit or miss, our driver was terrible, we were pointing out more animals than he was, he was pretty much quiet through the entire ride, which made us miss the backstory and Wilson even more. We usually go through FP line but didnt as the line was so short, has the TV always showed an actor as "Wilson"? We had never noticed this before...hoping that when the zebra area is complete there will be some elements put back in place, bridge, geysers, etc. or new elements that will make the ride more than a safari ride again, needs the Disney difference back IMO..

mitchk

Rode it last weekend and was disappointed in the changes, and if they are going to rely on the driver alone its going to be a constant hit or miss, our driver was terrible, we were pointing out more animals than he was, he was pretty much quiet through the entire ride, which made us miss the backstory and Wilson even more. We usually go through FP line but didnt as the line was so short, has the TV always showed an actor as "Wilson"? We had never noticed this before...hoping that when the zebra area is complete there will be some elements put back in place, bridge, geysers, etc. or new elements that will make the ride more than a safari ride again, needs the Disney difference back IMO..

Yes, Wilson was always on the TV's. I have not been on KS since Jan 10', but I'm really gonna miss the old backstory as well. What is the story now? It used to be you were goin on a 2 week safri, but you had to cut it short to help catch the poachers. They need to think of something

mitchk

The Zebras were hard to get along with. They kinda bullied some of the other animals. That's how they protected themselves in the wild. I hope they will be happier in their new surroundings although I am gonna miss that part of the ride path. Those were some good memories! Does anybody remember the Poacher's Jeep that we used to chase in the Geyser's area? They actually used to shoot at our trucks!;) That's ok, we always caught them in the end!

So long Little Red!:(

Yup, the poachers jeep ran on a track off to the right hand side. I think it stopped moving around like 2007, but I could be wrong. When I was there in Jan of 10', I took video of the old track (it was still visable then, not sure if it is now). I will miss the little red/big red story line as well. The only thing I agreed with was when they shortened the audio on the radio, that lady with the english accent always got on my nerves. BTW does the bridge still start to clapse when you cross, or did they do away with that as well? I heard they were goin to get rid of it, just wasn't sure if it was done or not :(

Tip Top Club

The story is you are going on Safari in the 800 square mile Harambe Wildlife Reserve.

The Bridge has not collapsed since February. There is a chance that it may return, but I would tend to doubt it based on rumors I've heard.

Mrs. Jobson

Yup, the poachers jeep ran on a track off to the right hand side. I think it stopped moving around like 2007, but I could be wrong. When I was there in Jan of 10', I took video of the old track (it was still visable then, not sure if it is now). I will miss the little red/big red story line as well. The only thing I agreed with was when they shortened the audio on the radio, that lady with the english accent always got on my nerves. BTW does the bridge still start to clapse when you cross, or did they do away with that as well? I heard they were goin to get rid of it, just wasn't sure if it was done or not :(

I think the Poachers Jeep stopped moving back in like 2003. It would work off and on when I was there. We would always compare stories at the end of the day and ask each other how many times we saw the Jeep working. From what I remember, they tried to get it operating back some after I left to go to Everest but it just never worked right. I remember when it did work, you had to time it just right in order to hear the gun fire and then the jeep would come around. That would then set off the Geysers. It used to be a very good show!

I hate to hear that the bridge will not be operational. I can't imagine them spending that much money on a bridge like that and not use it. The only thing I can think of is if there are a lot of vehichles other than the Safari trucks going over the bridge that they just decided to turn the show off. I will have to ask some of my Safari friends whats up.

I have not been on lately. How is the animal show?

RSoxNo1

The jeep evidently kept getting struck by lightening. Had they not been changing the ending I'd list that in the "Disney Giveth and Disney Taketh Away" thread, but at this point I think the show change is replacing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom