Updates on Kilamanjaro Safaris Refurb?

jakeman

The story is you are going on Safari in the 800 square mile Harambe Wildlife Reserve.

The Bridge has not collapsed since February. There is a chance that it may return, but I would tend to doubt it based on rumors I've heard.
For something that seems simple, it's a very temperamental effect.

Any modifications to the trucks will cause it to trip off line. I remember when they put the brushes on the bottom of the trucks to reduce the risk of animals darting under them, the bridge was offline for months while they searched for a work around.

I don't know what the current issue is, but it could go beyond just typical, "it's broke so let's not fix it".

Speaking of...
The jeep evidently kept getting struck by lightening. Had they not been changing the ending I'd list that in the "Disney Giveth and Disney Taketh Away" thread, but at this point I think the show change is replacing it.
This is correct. It wasn't a matter of it occasionally getting struck by lightning and the not being repaired. It got struck on almost a daily basis when I worked there. It wasn't reliable even two years after the park opened.

Tip Top Club

The Bridge is not broken it's off. The Goal of all these changes is to focus more on the animals then then the human interactions with them.

Mrs. Jobson

"Little Red is OK!" Any CMs on here who delivered that line... my family remembers it so fondly. Thanks for that.
I did!!! A lot. It was a very HOT position but it was very fun. Before 9/11 the CM's used to hold a rifle.:eek: We called that the "Warden" position. My hair was a lot shorter and flipped up at the ends and we had to wear a hat. They used to call me the JCPenny Warden. I always had this certain pose and everyone said it looked like someone in one of those catalogs. Anyways, thanks for your post and glad you remember that!

WDWBryan

The bridge being off is upsetting. I don't see why the story change requires turning it off. You can still go on a safari and wind up across a rickety bridge. And the two tours I've been on the drivers didn't alter their spiel and still acted like something could happen.

Alektronic

You didn't even read the second sentence of the post did you. The DAK motto is not "Why Fix it" It's "Focus on the Animals"....If you don't like animals then why go to a park called "Animal Kingdom?" Just asking?

I should have said that it is DAK's Maintenance Motto "Why Fix It, when you can just turn it off?" I can think of at least 50 items that have been turned off or removed. DAK should be adding or plussing attractions, not turning things off just to save money.

nepalostparks

I should have said that it is DAK's Maintenance Motto "Why Fix It, when you can just turn it off?" I can think of at least 50 items that have been turned off or removed. DAK should be adding or plussing attractions, not turning things off just to save money.

I would be interested in seeing your list of 50 + items that have been turned off or removed from Animal Kingdom.

Tip Top Club

Okay, but once again, it was turned off for Aesthetic reasons, not to save money or because it doesn't work. It does work. I can see why you're bringing it up because of the Yeti, but that admittedly valid point has nothing to do with the bridge.

Look for Multiple Zebra species in the new Savanna, and there are always new and different Antelope species out of the reserve as well. Scimiter Horned Oryx were just re-introduced for example after being absent since around Thanksgiving.

RSoxNo1

I would be interested in seeing your list of 50 + items that have been turned off or removed from Animal Kingdom.

Well here's a start: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-giveth-and-disney-taketh-away.841422/

As for the 50 um... I got 20, that's a start.
  1. Dinosaur: Lasers cut from entry tunnel
  2. Dinosaur: Lasers cut from exit tunnel
  3. Dinosuar: Swooping Pteradactyl
  4. Dinosaur: Jumping Compys
  5. Tree of Life Exhibits: Capybara's removed
  6. Maharajah Jungle Trek: Malayan Tapir removed
  7. Kilimanjaro Safaris: Impalas remoevd
  8. Kilimanjaro Safaris: Thomson's gazelle's removed
  9. Kilimanjaro Safaris: Geysers removed
  10. Kilimanjaro Safaris: Little Red Animatronic/Truck/Plane/Live Cast member removed
  11. Kilimanjaro Safaris: Poacher's Jeep removed
  12. Kali River Rapids: Fire effects removed in Clear Cutting Scene
  13. Pocahontas and her Forest Friends removed
  14. Discovery River Boats removed
  15. It's Tough to be a Bug: Stinkbug smell much weaker
  16. Expedition Everest: Yeti
  17. Expedition Everest: Bird on a stick
  18. Expedition Everest: Mist at the top of the mountains
  19. Rafiki's Planet Watch: Character Cuts
  20. Discovery Island: Character Cuts

Alektronic

These are the ones I can think of now, there is probably more:

Animal Kingdom
Genesis Gardens/Oasis
Fog System for low lying fog along the walkways.

Safari Village/Discovery Island
Discovery River Boats
Unicorn (Installed then removed)
Dragon's Cave
Flame effect
2 smokers
River Bubblers
River Geysers
Aquasculptures
Lizard
Fish
Butterfly
River Iguanodon (AA Figure)

Kilimanjaro Safari
Ituri Forest Fog System
Tilting Bridge (Turned off)
Rabbit Rover (Moving Jeep)
Gunfire Effect in Safari Vehicle
Finale Bubblers
Finale Geysers
Finale Fog System
Poachers Camp
Big Red
Poachers Jeep (Stationary)
Safari Truck
Little Red (AA Figure)
Airplane
Ms Jobson (AA Figure)
Pilot (AA Figure)
Animated Propeller

Gorilla Falls/Pangani Trail
Aviary Fog System
Gorilla Falls Fog System
Dripping Cave

Kali River Rapids
Upramp Fog
Geysers
Teetering Truck
Teetering Actuator (actually tilts the truck)
2 Swinging Logs (that swing out when your raft comes by)
Burnt scent smell
Numerous fire effects
Numerous smoke machines

Boneyard
Vibration effects under Dino Footprints

CTX/Dinosaur
News Truck from the front of the attraction
Vibration effect underneath grating in Load/Unload
Cyberlight smokers
Time Tunnel Sparkers (Entry and Exit)
Time Tunnel Smokers (Entry and Exit)
Laser Time Portal – Argon (Turned off)
Alioramus (several functions turned off)
Mama Parasaurolophus (several functions turned off)
Scene 7 Meteor explosion and air blast
1st Carnotaurus (several functions turned off)
Carno hot spit
Carno hot air breath
Saltasaurus (several functions turned off)
Mama Ceradactylus (Turned off)
Mama Ceradactylus Water Effect
7 Compsognathus (removed)
Charging Carno (several functions turned off)
Meteor and comet effects
Standing Carno (several functions turned off)
Iguanodon (several functions turned off)
Krypton Laser for Iguanodon (Turned off)
Finale exploding horizon effect

Tip Top Club

Well here's a start: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-giveth-and-disney-taketh-away.841422/

As for the 50 um... I got 20, that's a start.
  1. Kilimanjaro Safaris: Thomson's gazelle's removed
  2. Kilimanjaro Safaris: Geysers removed
  3. Kilimanjaro Safaris: Little Red Animatronic/Truck/Plane/Live Cast member removed
  4. Kilimanjaro Safaris: Poacher's Jeep removed
  5. It's Tough to be a Bug: Stinkbug smell much weaker

Okay, I'm no expert, but how can the rehab of the finale be considered a cut? Do you think Zebras are cheap or something? Like they don't require food and staff to care for them? Do you think the construction happening there was because they were too cheap? It was a story change. It's not a cut. Whether or not you agree with it. It's not a cut.

Thomson's Gazelle will be replaced with a new gazelle species once construction is done, but they want things nice and quiet for them during their introduction period. So it probably won't happen until the late fall/holidays.

Why would you want to smell a stink bug?

RSoxNo1

Okay, I'm no expert, but how can the rehab of the finale be considered a cut? Do you think Zebras are cheap or something? Like they don't require food and staff to care for them? Do you think the construction happening there was because they were too cheap? It was a story change. It's not a cut. Whether or not you agree with it. It's not a cut.

Thomson's Gazelle will be replaced with a new gazelle species once construction is done, but they want things nice and quiet for them during their introduction period. So it probably won't happen until the late fall/holidays.

Why would you want to smell a stink bug?
There was a challenge put out there to come up with 50 things that were cut, I was doing what I could to respond to that challenge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom