dreamscometrue

CTX/Dinosaur
News Truck from the front of the attraction
Vibration effect underneath grating in Load/Unload
Cyberlight smokers
Time Tunnel Sparkers (Entry and Exit)
Time Tunnel Smokers (Entry and Exit)
Laser Time Portal – Argon (Turned off)
Alioramus (several functions turned off)
Mama Parasaurolophus (several functions turned off)
Scene 7 Meteor explosion and air blast
1st Carnotaurus (several functions turned off)
Carno hot spit
Carno hot air breath
Saltasaurus (several functions turned off)
Mama Ceradactylus (Turned off)
Mama Ceradactylus Water Effect
7 Compsognathus (removed)
Charging Carno (several functions turned off)
Meteor and comet effects
Standing Carno (several functions turned off)
Iguanodon (several functions turned off)
Krypton Laser for Iguanodon (Turned off)
Finale exploding horizon effect

I read this, and have watched Martin's videos on 'Dinosaur', and I wonder why so many of these have simply been turned off. They can't be that costly to maintain. Any idea if it's simply money or are there other issues? (like people complaining about the intensity of the attraction, or something silly like that)

Alektronic

I read this, and have watched Martin's videos on 'Dinosaur', and I wonder why so many of these have simply been turned off. They can't be that costly to maintain. Any idea if it's simply money or are there other issues? (like people complaining about the intensity of the attraction, or something silly like that)

But it is all about money and resources. Show Quality doesn't matter as along as the ride keeps running. They don't want anyone to order any parts either, always complaining about being out of money, even when a new fiscal quarter starts.

dreamscometrue

But it is all about money and resources. Show Quality doesn't matter as along as the ride keeps running. They don't want anyone to order any parts either, always complaining about being out of money, even when a new fiscal quarter starts.

Think this will change if TDO management changes over the next few years? Any people in line to take over who might not be so tight with the purse strings?

nepalostparks

Just a quick update and a few pics of the progress. As you go over the bridge where you "leave the reserve" off to the right through the trees you can see where they are building the enclosures for the zebras. Hard to take a picture of it through the trees as you're bouncing around, but you can definitely see the steel structure.

Then as you make the first turn into the former geysers area, you can see what was behind walls is now open, with a new roadway (presumably for the trucks to use in the near future). It is currently blocked by several steel drums.

IMG_5077.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5137.JPG

Past the (former) geysers on the hard right turn, a new barrier for the zebra habitat is being built.

IMG_5079.JPG

The area where the jeep and Little Red used to be still has a mesh fence (covered with bamboo) where it looks like some construction equipment is being stored. There was previously some miscellaneous poacher equipment and tusks on the ground in front of the fence, but those are now gone.

We rode several times over the last few days, and found it interesting the wide range of spiels that the drivers were giving. Some told us outright two different species of zebra were going to be in the new habitat, one even said it was going to be called "Zebra Glen"; some drivers took the "rumor is" approach about either zebras or "new species" are about to be introduced; and one even took the "I have no idea" route, and joked that no one would tell her because she was bad at keeping secrets. She also mentioned about there being "poacher equipment" behind the fence where Little Red used to be, and needing to report it at the warden's station. None of the other drivers mentioned anything about the poachers, etc.

alissafalco

Just a quick update and a few pics of the progress. As you go over the bridge where you "leave the reserve" off to the right through the trees you can see where they are building the enclosures for the zebras. Hard to take a picture of it through the trees as you're bouncing around, but you can definitely see the steel structure.

Then as you make the first turn into the former geysers area, you can see what was behind walls is now open, with a new roadway (presumably for the trucks to use in the near future). It is currently blocked by several steel drums.

View attachment 28107

View attachment 28108

View attachment 28109

Past the (former) geysers on the hard right turn, a new barrier for the zebra habitat is being built.

View attachment 28110

The area where the jeep and Little Red used to be still has a mesh fence (covered with bamboo) where it looks like some construction equipment is being stored. There was previously some miscellaneous poacher equipment and tusks on the ground in front of the fence, but those are now gone.

We rode several times over the last few days, and found it interesting the wide range of spiels that the drivers were giving. Some told us outright two different species of zebra were going to be in the new habitat, one even said it was going to be called "Zebra Glen"; some drivers took the "rumor is" approach about either zebras or "new species" are about to be introduced; and one even took the "I have no idea" route, and joked that no one would tell her because she was bad at keeping secrets. She also mentioned about there being "poacher equipment" behind the fence where Little Red used to be, and needing to report it at the warden's station. None of the other drivers mentioned anything about the poachers, etc.

Thanks for the update. It sounds like the "i have no idea" CM was at least the most honest LOL

jrlbc06

We rode on Monday and our driver said that 'rumor has it' that zebras would be making their way to this area in the near future!

RSoxNo1

Any chance of the game spotting guides getting an update to include the Addax, Masai Giraffe and the different species of Zebra's? I believe they could create room by removing Impala's, Thomson's Gazelles and some of the birds that are listed.

NewfieFan

We must of had a combination of "rumor is" and "I have no idea". We actually saw the zebras on our tour. I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly where but they were off in the distance and certainly visible from the ride. Quite a few people on the ride (including myself) were like, "Hey, there's zebras!" The tour guide quite jokingly keep telling us he didn't know what were talking about and we didn't see no zebras! He even brought it up a few times before the ride was over, he said the heat must be getting to us and we were seeing things. He then mentioned a rumor that zebras were coming but they weren't here yet. He was a very amusing driver!

It was the last tour of the day I believe. I don't know if they let the zebras out in view during the end of the day or what!?!

drew81

We must of had a combination of "rumor is" and "I have no idea". We actually say the zebras on our tour. I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly where but they were off in the distance and certainly visible from the ride. Quite a few people on the ride (including myself) were like, "Hey, there's zebras!" The tour guide quite jokingly keep telling us he didn't know what were talking about and we didn't see no zebras! He even brought it up a few times before the ride was over, he said the heat must be getting to us and we were seeing things. He then mentioned a rumor that zebras were coming but they weren't here yet. He was a very amusing driver!

It was the last tour of the day I believe. I don't know if they let the zebras out in view during the end of the day or what!?!

They were probably in the "time out" yard. It's off to the left as you go under the bridge into the 2nd part of the elephant area.

Tip Top Club

The zebras have lived on the North Savanna since they were taken off show. Over the summer several more were added to get acclimated to each other and bond. It is briefly visible just after the formerly tilting bridge.

I would look for zebras on show at the end of October or Beginning of November.

bethymouse

Our safari guide told us some story that I don't remember about the zebra habitat. He didn't say when they'd return though.

RSoxNo1

These are the ones I can think of now, there is probably more:

Animal Kingdom
Genesis Gardens/Oasis
Fog System for low lying fog along the walkways.

Safari Village/Discovery Island
Discovery River Boats
Unicorn (Installed then removed)
Dragon's Cave
Flame effect
2 smokers
River Bubblers
River Geysers
Aquasculptures
Lizard
Fish
Butterfly
River Iguanodon (AA Figure)

Kilimanjaro Safari
Ituri Forest Fog System
Tilting Bridge (Turned off)
Rabbit Rover (Moving Jeep)
Gunfire Effect in Safari Vehicle
Finale Bubblers
Finale Geysers
Finale Fog System
Poachers Camp
Big Red
Poachers Jeep (Stationary)
Safari Truck
Little Red (AA Figure)
Airplane
Ms Jobson (AA Figure)
Pilot (AA Figure)
Animated Propeller

Gorilla Falls/Pangani Trail
Aviary Fog System
Gorilla Falls Fog System
Dripping Cave

Kali River Rapids
Upramp Fog
Geysers
Teetering Truck
Teetering Actuator (actually tilts the truck)
2 Swinging Logs (that swing out when your raft comes by)
Burnt scent smell
Numerous fire effects
Numerous smoke machines

Boneyard
Vibration effects under Dino Footprints

CTX/Dinosaur
Cyberlight smokers
Carno hot spit
Carno hot air breath
Meteor and comet effects
What is the species list for DINOSAUR?
  • Styracosaurus (The one right at the beginning)
  • Alioramus (the one eating the other dinosaur)
  • Parasaurolophus (the one with the weird head that's on the right side of the vehicle)
  • Carnotaurus (multiple locations)
  • Saltasaurus (is this the herbivore that burps)?
  • Compsognathus (These are the ones that are projected to jump over you, right?)
  • Ceradactylus? Is this the Pterodactyl that doesn't swoop anymore?
  • Iguandon (At the end)
Am I missing any?

articos

• Parasaurolophus (the one with the weird head that's on the right side of the vehicle)
  • Compsognathus (These are the ones that are projected to jump over you, right?)
  • Iguandon (At the end)
Am I missing any?

Raptor, up on the ledge. All the others are correct. There's a couple baby Ceradactylus in the clearing, before the EMV goes down the drop avoiding Mama. Used to be a Styracosaurus out front originally, before the film overlay, but now just the one inside.

Alektronic

• Iguandon (At the end)
Am I missing any?

Direction of travel:

• 2 Baby Parasaurolophus (on the right, almost on top of the hill)
  • Mama Parasaurolophus (the one with the weird head that's on the right side of the vehicle)
  • Raptor (on the left)
  • Jumping Carno
  • 2 Baby Ceradactylus (on the right in their nest)
  • Mama Ceradactylus? Is this the Pterodactyl that doesn't swoop anymore?(yes)
  • Charging Carno
  • Standing Carno(or Picture Carno)
  • Iguandon (At the end)
  • Sliding Carno (Actually not an AA figure just a Show Action figure)

RSoxNo1

Direction of travel:

• 2 Baby Parasaurolophus (on the right, almost on top of the hill)
  • Mama Parasaurolophus (the one with the weird head that's on the right side of the vehicle)
  • Raptor (on the left)
  • Jumping Carno
  • 2 Baby Ceradactylus (on the right in their nest)
  • Mama Ceradactylus? Is this the Pterodactyl that doesn't swoop anymore?(yes)
  • Charging Carno
  • Standing Carno(or Picture Carno)
  • Iguandon (At the end)
  • Sliding Carno (Actually not an AA figure just a Show Action figure)
Awesome, thanks for the info.

scoobygirl39541

CTX/Dinosaur
Cyberlight smokers
Carno hot spit
Carno hot air breath
Meteor and comet effects

woah! ok I've seen Martin's videos and read as much as I could find on this attraction, but you have me intrigued! Mama Ceradactylus Water Effect??? I've never heard of this! Also, what do you mean by "several functions turned off"? I know the sound has been toned down, but were there different/extra movements before?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom