Update pics I promised (JII pics inside)!

Expo_Seeker40

the last time I was in the Imageworks was in 1996 and my family took the elevator back to the ground floor where I threw my hands up and my dad said "STOP! IT'S NOT THE TOWER OF TERROR" :lookaroun

misterID

Great pictures.

I can't believe how they ruined that ride. And for what? They made the most popular attractions one of the least visited. Good job.

It's not even a shell of what it was. :mad:

yankspy

Kind of funny how a little thing like a picture of pin tables can make me smile. Thanks. I also love seeing the old style open feel that many of the pavilions used to have. Apparently, sunlight is not part of the future anymore.

WDWFigment

I keep coming back to this thread and looking at those pictures. Those who said they don't understand the allure or attraction of going upstairs in the pavilion given its current state are totally wrong. I would give quite a bit to go up there, even today. So many memories were made up there.

Thanks again for the pictures.

MacRtst

thanks for the pictures. It brings back so many memories of Trips my father and I used to take.

The pin tables are (for some reason) what I remember the most.

Thanks

TravisMT81

Great pictures. I have not been up there in about 3 years and it looks like they took all that entertainment crap they had stored up out of there.

EPCOT Explorer

Kind of funny how a little thing like a picture of pin tables can make me smile. Thanks. I also love seeing the old style open feel that many of the pavilions used to have. Apparently, sunlight is not part of the future anymore.
It's a dark world...:lookaroun:lol:

I keep coming back to this thread and looking at those pictures. Those who said they don't understand the allure or attraction of going upstairs in the pavilion given its current state are totally wrong. I would give quite a bit to go up there, even today. So many memories were made up there.

Thanks again for the pictures.

Agreed in full.

That's the spirit of EPCOT Center up there.:eek: My gosh, it was awesome.

DarthGrady

Great pictures, thanks for posting!!!!

Its so sad to see it all like that though. :(

Am I allowed to ask how you got up there? Or maybe more appropriately, are you allowed to say?

Now that I see the Rainbow Corridor and Stepping Tones areas very much intact, I wonder why our tour guide told us it was all removed? If we just were not allowed in there, why not simply say that?

Horizons1

...It's almost like going...Back to the Future! *Hit it Silverstri!

Great pics, and it's definately a shame all of that sits upstairs unused. It's funny to be honest. So many people mourn the loss of the original ride, but looking at the pictures of the upstairs, it's almost as though it never left. Everything is still the same.

I wonder if when JII closed in 1998, if there ever was a plan to redo the upstairs Imageworks. Surely there must have a been a plan from the initial start of the project. I'm sure some great things were proposed, but then $$ came into play, and it all went kaput.

Personally, I'd love to see the whole upstairs come back as an entirely new Imageworks. Keep the Rainbow Corridor, though. Just a homage to the original attraction, and a little tribute for those of us who were lucky enough to experience back in its prime.

But if the space were to be utilized for anything else, why not an EPCOT Center style exhibit, similar to the EPCOT Gallery. Think about it, they wouldn't even have to change much cosmetically. That whole color scheme and style IS EPCOT Center. It IS the 80s. If everything were to come back on and work, and you left anyone who got to experience it back in the day up there, I'm sure they would totally forget that the original ride isn't there anymore. Maybe even be tricked into thinking that we're back in EPCOT Center.

Point is, and it's been beaten to death, it's a shame that such a unique area in Epcot goes unused. We all the know the current ImageWorks is crap. Hell, the 1982 technology could beat the crap out of the technology in the current ImageWorks if were to suddenly come back on. What is supposed to be an interactive playground of the future is now just an ugly mismatch of McDonald's Playland tubing and some cheap Photoshop programming.

Figment632

Original Poster
Great pictures, thanks for posting!!!!

Its so sad to see it all like that though. :(

Am I allowed to ask how you got up there? Or maybe more appropriately, are you allowed to say?

Now that I see the Rainbow Corridor and Stepping Tones areas very much intact, I wonder why our tour guide told us it was all removed? If we just were not allowed in there, why not simply say that?

The first time I just went up the second time I asked permission and was allowed up.

nenner1

Thank you so much for posting those.

I haven't been up there since 1983...but yes I remember it, especially the rainbow tunnel. I can't believe it is-not just still there- but ON! :veryconfu

Thanks so much for the memories...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom