Update pics I promised (JII pics inside)!

DarthGrady

For those asking how to get up there the easiest way is to take the Undiscovered FutureWorld Tour. I took it in 2005 and in 2009. In 2005 it was part of the tour, and the most exciting thing I got to do up there was play with the pin tables. The Rainbow corridor was on, but we didn't go inside. It seemed like part of the corridor was missing and it was much smaller, but that could be because I am looking at it from an adult perspective now.

They have sense removed this area from the tour, but if you ask your guide politely they will likely take you up there.

Thats what we did also. I told our guy that seeing Imageworks again was pretty much the only reason I booked the tour and he took pity on me!:D

We also got to do the pin tables, but there was a wall up between the two side, so we couldn't see the area with the Rainbow Corridor.

DarthGrady

Question for Martin:

I was just looking at you 1982/1991 comparison floor plans for Imageworks. It appears they changed the Rainbow Corridor exit area. Did they leave all the old vibrating mirrors intact when they walled it off?

JimboJones123

I am sure that the land between Imagination and Land would lend itself to an escape route. There is nothing wrong with building additions. The lack of effort on this place still tires me. If not for the 3D theater, I would bet it would have gone the way of WOL long ago.

Jerm

The pictures still aren't working :(

If you are looking at it at work that is why, most work browsers are now blocking photos that are from Photobucket, Flickr and a few others.

Try it on a home computer. If it is still not working then you need to check your settings.

hrcollectibles

Epcot: My favorite even though FW has been infested by characters. I wouldnt have a problem with it if they were unique and not the same Mickey that you can meet in MK, Maybe Mickey wearing futuristic attire would be OK.

You mean like this?

img099.jpg

"Speeder gone from across Star Tours "

Maybe they are refurbing it or will replace it with a pod racer

Rob562

I am sure that the land between Imagination and Land would lend itself to an escape route. There is nothing wrong with building additions. The lack of effort on this place still tires me. If not for the 3D theater, I would bet it would have gone the way of WOL long ago.

Actually, the more probable location would be out the back of the building, between Imagination and Canada, if they were to build additional exits out of the second floor.

-Rob

Raychul

*gasp* The Rainbow Corridor! This post almost made me cry. When I was at JII last September I asked a cast member about the Rainbow Corridor and I was told it had been destroyed and removed. A small part of my childhood died at that moment and I was more heartbroken than I would have anticipated. But that picture of the Rainbow Corridor alive and still working just brought tears to my eyes, seriously. It lives!

It's amazing just how much a tunnel with colored lights in it can mean so much to me, all because it has so many childhood memories of me with my family at WDW living it within its glowing walls.:sohappy:

"Speeder gone from across Star Tours "

Maybe they are refurbing it or will replace it with a pod racer

Oh dear god, please do not even joke about that. :brick:

wild01ride

Thanks for the amazing pics.

I think the only memories I have of this area is a vague recollection and some musty old photos from my Grandparents' photo collection.
Those were the days of Epcot!

I certainly hope the speederbike returns before our trip! Our 6yo. is a new-found Star Wars fiend and we told him he could actually sit on a speederbike!
*crosses fingers for short rehab only!

EPCOTPluto

^ I guess because Disney has not a clue what EPCOT should truly stand for nowadays.

I would like to see the Futuristic Fab Five return to EPCOT, colours and all... :lookaroun:(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was just looking at you 1982/1991 comparison floor plans for Imageworks. It appears they changed the Rainbow Corridor exit area. Did they leave all the old vibrating mirrors intact when they walled it off?
The room was turned into a support area - assuming this means mechanical / engineering - so who knows.

EPCOT Explorer

Thanx, makes sense, fire and occupancy reg's etc.

They closed the Image Works in lieu of installing a couple of crummy STAIRWAYS!!

:brick:
Exactly.:(

You mean like this?

Yes I would be fine wuthe the mouse and his friends in FW if they were still like this. It should not be the same that you can meet in MK. In DAK the characters are dressed for the parks theme why not for Epcot?
I agree. Same for DHS...

Futuristic Mickey would be cool.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom