Upcoming/Rumored Projects

misterID

Really, who cares if its the same ride tech? You're probably going to get another TT style ride in Journey To The Center Of The Earth at some point, too. And the track system is where the similarities end. They will all be totally different experiences.

That's like saying you shouldn't have more than one roller coaster in a park because they all use a track and speed around it real fast.

And with theme of Carsland in DHS... How would it not look right at DHS? With all the different themes already, somehow Carsland will clash? I don't get that. Plus it would be in the back corner of the park and fit perfectly with Pixar Place.

And it looks like, if it happens, we'd probably only get RSR not Carsland.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't think you are understanding my points so I'll lay them out nice and plain.

1. I'm not saying there can't be more than one ride using the same ride technology. I'm saying there shouldn't be two rides using one unique ride technology themed in the same way to deliver the same thrills. They are both rides where you get in a car and race around really fast. Flying around a mountain in a car is going to be very similar to flying around Test Track's show building in a car. There could be two coasters in a park but would you really want another looping coaster with rock music playing? Wouldn't that be pretty much the same thing as RNRC?

2. DCA should have this ride as an exclusive because right now they don't have much of anything that's unique in that park. Pretty soon all of the Disney parks are going to be exactly identical the way everything has to be cloned.

3. I think RSR would fit in DHS if it were put in Pixar Place in a themed show building but if they put all of Carsland in DHS as a seperate land, how does that even fit? You think an entire part of the park should be solely devoted to one random movie that has nothing to do with Hollywood, movies, or show business? We have Hollywood Boulevard, Streets of America, Pixar Place, etc. and then Carland? How does that fit?

Cars was a Disney movie. Movies are made in Hollywood. Hollywood has Studios.

Cars = Disney Hollywood Studios

Or how about:

We have Hollywood Boulevard, Streets of America, Pixar Place, etc. and then Carland? How does that fit?
Carsland
Cars was made in Hollywood. Cars ride on streets. Cars was made by Pixar.

No matter which way you look at it it is not a stretch of the imagination thematically.

_Scar

Well by that logic anything could go there. :rolleyes:

I mean if they want to put it in they certainly can and it will be cool and people will love it but like I said twice now (but I keep getting ignored) I think it should stay at DCA.

Cars is Pixar. Themewise that is enough to put a ride there, plain and simple.

And where the heck else would RSR go? Of course if anywhere it'd go where baclot tour is and therefore apart of Pixar Place. I guess you admit it's a great fit. :lol::shrug:

misterID

I don't think you are understanding my points so I'll lay them out nice and plain.

1. I'm not saying there can't be more than one ride using the same ride technology. I'm saying there shouldn't be two rides using one unique ride technology themed in the same way to deliver the same thrills. They are both rides where you get in a car and race around really fast. Flying around a mountain in a car is going to be very similar to flying around Test Track's show building in a car. There could be two coasters in a park but would you really want another looping coaster with rock music playing? Wouldn't that be pretty much the same thing as RNRC?

2. DCA should have this ride as an exclusive because right now they don't have much of anything that's unique in that park. Pretty soon all of the Disney parks are going to be exactly identical the way everything has to be cloned.

3. I think RSR would fit in DHS if it were put in Pixar Place in a themed show building but if they put all of Carsland in DHS as a seperate land, how does that even fit? You think an entire part of the park should be solely devoted to one random movie that has nothing to do with Hollywood, movies, or show business? We have Hollywood Boulevard, Streets of America, Pixar Place, etc. and then Carland? How does that fit?

No, I understand what you're saying. You just need to go read more about RSR. Because the ride is NOTHING LIKE TEST TRACK.

:lol:

There's plenty of rides at Disney that give you the same "basic" thrills, but they're all still unique. The only thing they have in common is the tech. RSR and TT do not have the same layout, theme, or experience.

DCA is probably going to have more expansion, not to mention DL, by the time it makes its way here. And there's plenty at DLR that is and will be unique to their parks. I think Lasseter basically wants this as like SM, BTM, to be a staple in Disney Theme parks.

And yes, if the ride is as cool as RSR, I don't see a problem with it taking up so much space. It's not like they're saving that space for something else. I think a bigger waste of space is a back lot tour with a tour of a whole lot of nothing. :lookaroun

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
The reason why Radiator Springs Racers or Carsland would come to Hollywood Studios is because it is a very marketable franchise that moves merchandise. The entire area at DCA will be comparable to the level of detail at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - with the R&D already done for California it would make sense for Florida.

There's room in the backlot for it, they just may need to modify part of the track layout.

Mr. Morrow

I hope CL doesn't come to DHS I wish some attractions would stay exclusive to one park there are way to many copies. I would rather see something original.

the-reason14

The reason why Radiator Springs Racers or Carsland would come to Hollywood Studios is because it is a very marketable franchise that moves merchandise. The entire area at DCA will be comparable to the level of detail at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - with the R&D already done for California it would make sense for Florida.

There's room in the backlot for it, they just may need to modify part of the track layout.

I'm not too familiar with the cars land, but isn't the heart of it just another Test Track clone with a different layout? I don't know if they'd want another Test Track on property considering they don't want another Dinosaur ride aka Indiana Jones. And I thought Test Track was more of a nightmare than they thought. But i guess if they're building it in DCA then they know what they're doing.

Mr. Morrow

I'm not too familiar with the cars land, but isn't the heart of it just another Test Track clone with a different layout? I don't know if they'd want another Test Track on property considering they don't want another Dinosaur ride aka Indiana Jones. And I thought Test Track was more of a nightmare than they thought. But i guess if they're building it in DCA then they know what they're doing.

It is similar to TT but it is drastically different. At on part two cars will pull up side by side and race.

Horizonsfan

If RSR means they can find a new (or old*) idea for the motion pavilion then I'm all for it. Test Track is bare-bones thematically and never really lived up to expectations. I enjoy it but constantly think of what could be with such a broad topic like transportation. At least with RSR your "in" a far more fantastical location than a warehouse/testground.

* - here's to a reinterpreted WOM.

Mr. Morrow

If RSR means they can find a new (or old*) idea for the motion pavilion then I'm all for it. Test Track is bare-bones thematically and never really lived up to expectations. I enjoy it but constantly think of what could be with such a broad topic like transportation. At least with RSR your "in" a far more fantastical location than a warehouse/testground.

* - here's to a reinterpreted WOM.

I never thought of it like that. Now I want RSR :D

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well they can fix Pleasure island back up by 2012 but not River country?

What I mean is, don't you think it's sad when you're riding in the boat, floating past WDW's first abandoned water park :lookaroun:cry:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
RSR is very different to Test Track in theme, layout and feel. Indy and CTX arn`t really an issue to the company; it`s fanatical fans that call the similarities. The real issue with another EMV attraction in Orlando is money. Test Track is still cutting edge, but a lot of the issues were sorted out for Tokyo. With its duel/single tracks, theme and layout RSR will only be the same as TT in ride system - as much as the HM is the same as Buzz.

I just want RSR in Pixar Place. Not all of Cars Land. They can transport you to Radiator Springs by making the entire ride inside in a building themed to look like Pixar Studios. Move Luigi's Casa del Tires next to the attraction and you have a nice beautiful Pixar Place. Monsters, Inc. coaster, Toy Story Mania!, RSR. Nice. :)

Those three franchises have proven to have lasting quality. All of them have or will have sequels.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I made several changes to the main page, changing things in the Fantasyland from Green to Red, as well as some of the latest rumors:

Magic Kingdom
Dreams Come True with Cinderella - Takes place within the Tremaine Chateau from the 1950 film. You arrive at the moment she realizes she won’t be going to the ball, and her dress will transform from rags to a ball gown before your eyes, and then she’ll step down and have a 15-minute interaction with the guests.
A Birthday Surprise for Sleeping Beauty - Tucked away inside Briar Rose Cottage, deep within a lush, Eyvind Earle-inspired forest. As guests enter Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather prepare to celebrate Briar Rose’s 16th birthday, smack dab in the middle of the action from the original film. Guests are treated to all sorts of interactive fairy magic inside the cottage, with Aurora herself as the guest of honor.
Mickey's Toontown to close in January 2011 at the earliest
Frontierland Expansion

Hollywood Studios
Carsland Expansion in the Backlot Tour Tram Area

Animal Kingdom
Walking Tour of Kilimanjaro Safaris (More Information Here)

Recently Completed
Donald Duck Meet and Greet Area being built in Mexico Pavilion
Captain EO to replace Honey, I Shrunk the Audience for temporary return starting July 2
Taste of Africa Dance Party to include music, dancing and vendors from July 9-24th (More Info Here)
Peter Pan's Flight facade refurbishment
Exposition Hall Refurbishment

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Thanks for keeping us updated. It's more cheerful to look at than box scores from Fenway....:eek:

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Thanks for keeping us updated. It's more cheerful to look at than box scores from Fenway....:eek:

Ouch... Buchholz is making a rehab start tomorrow and Pedroia is getting a CT scan so hopefully there's a good sign there. Then Beckett is making a start on Saturday so reinforcements are coming.

AEfx

I don't think Carsland would fit in DHS at all. Or anywhere else in WDW for that matter. It's too big and too similar to Test Track.

:hammer:

This is the same excuse people have been giving for not having Indy at WDW after all these years, and it has never made sense to me. Just because we have a ride with a similar (or even the same) ride system does not preclude it being used again. (And yes, I know that Indiana as built in Anaheim is an exact match to the layout of Dinosaur at AK, but if it was built in WDW it would most likely not have an identical track layout, not that most guests would even ever notice.)

If you have two hardcover books, both with the exact same dimiensions, the exact same number of pages, and the same color cover, you can have totally different experiences depending on what is written on the pages (one book could be horror, one could be a historical non-fiction work). The same is true for attractions - you can have the same exact ride-system, and yes, even the same track design, as another attraction and make them completely different. It's about what you see along the way, not just the vehicle or route you take.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom