Upcoming/Rumored Projects

jt04

I made several changes to the main page, changing things in the Fantasyland from Green to Red, as well as some of the latest rumors:

Magic Kingdom
Dreams Come True with Cinderella - Takes place within the Tremaine Chateau from the 1950 film. You arrive at the moment she realizes she won’t be going to the ball, and her dress will transform from rags to a ball gown before your eyes, and then she’ll step down and have a 15-minute interaction with the guests.
A Birthday Surprise for Sleeping Beauty - Tucked away inside Briar Rose Cottage, deep within a lush, Eyvind Earle-inspired forest. As guests enter Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather prepare to celebrate Briar Rose’s 16th birthday, smack dab in the middle of the action from the original film. Guests are treated to all sorts of interactive fairy magic inside the cottage, with Aurora herself as the guest of honor.
Mickey's Toontown to close in January 2011 at the earliest
Frontierland Expansion

Hollywood Studios
Carsland Expansion in the Backlot Tour Tram Area

Animal Kingdom
Walking Tour of Kilimanjaro Safaris (More Information Here)

Recently Completed
Donald Duck Meet and Greet Area being built in Mexico Pavilion
Captain EO to replace Honey, I Shrunk the Audience for temporary return starting July 2
Taste of Africa Dance Party to include music, dancing and vendors from July 9-24th (More Info Here)
Peter Pan's Flight facade refurbishment
Exposition Hall Refurbishment

Lets see, you have barnstormer and Dumbo as green and Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty as red which is exactly backwards. Are you auditioning for a job in legacy media? It would be nice if this thread could be about establised facts and not wishful thinking fanboy spin or embittered AC fanatic disinformation campaigns.:rolleyes: Of which I'm certain you are neither.

EDIT...Radiator Springs Racers is never coming to WDW. Never. Neither is an NBC dark ride.

Xethis

Just throwing this out there as a concept. (Sorry if this is in the wrong place)

I have always thought it'd be cool for them to build a dark ride based on the history of Pixar in Hollywood Studios. Alternate the "buggies" to look like Cars, Toyboxes, Hot Air Ballons, etc. and have a combination of audio animatronic characters & hidden video screens. Start off with Toy Story, etc, and move through 1 or 2 scenes from each film, and include some of the animated shorts like the "Birds on a Wire" etc. It'd be nice if they build with room to grow in mind.

Just wishful thinking

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Where did the Frontierland expansion thread go? :shrug:

Edit: 100 Posts w00t!

Curious indeed.

Lets see, you have barnstormer and Dumbo as green and Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty as red which is exactly backwards. Are you auditioning for a job in legacy media? It would be nice if this thread could be about establised facts and not wishful thinking fanboy spin or embittered AC fanatic disinformation campaigns.:rolleyes: Of which I'm certain you are neither.

EDIT...Radiator Springs Racers is never coming to WDW. Never. Neither is an NBC dark ride.

jt... Everything I've heard is that Dumbo will defintely be moved and doubled, and the Barnstormer would be re-themed. I've also been hearing that Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty's areas are on the bubble.

The problem with maintaining this thread is that the rumors are ever changing. There are certainly some things in the Blue Sky level that are probably more Fanboy wishes than verifiable Blue Sky concepts, but there is definitely some guesswork associated with this.

As for Radiator Springs Racers/Carsland - don't rule it out.

DisneyNut2007

I've also been hearing that Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty's areas are on the bubble.

I don't think so. The Cindy and Sleeping Beauty attractions are already done deals and WILL get built.

Just because they aren't being advertised on the construction walls right now does not mean that they've been canceled.

huntzilla

I have two theories on the Frontierland thread. Either A. This is a very real expansion that is happening and Steve had confirmation. Not wanting to get in trouble with Disney, he deleted it. Then there's B. Which is since this rumor really got steam on another website which is now home to EE, Enigma, and others he didn't want to give attention to them. If it's B then that's a real shame because this is a news and RUMORS board and just because a source that Steve might not have a good relationship with, dosen't take away from the validity that this might be happening. Bad show on my favorite forum it this is true. I hope it's the latter.

jt04

Curious indeed.

jt... Everything I've heard is that Dumbo will defintely be moved and doubled, and the Barnstormer would be re-themed. I've also been hearing that Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty's areas are on the bubble.

The problem with maintaining this thread is that the rumors are ever changing. There are certainly some things in the Blue Sky level that are probably more Fanboy wishes than verifiable Blue Sky concepts, but there is definitely some guesswork associated with this.

As for Radiator Springs Racers/Carsland - don't rule it out.

Hey thanks for not getting all defensive and stuff. That takes class. I'll trust what you say. This thread is a good idea and you are generous to maintain it. I still think the FF concept is brilliant and if anything they should be expanding on the concept and not scaling it back. Sometimes I don't get the way they think.

Well a full fledged Carsland would certainly put DHS on the map. Hope you are right.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Hey thanks for not getting all defensive and stuff. That takes class. I'll trust what you say. This thread is a good idea and you are generous to maintain it. I still think the FF concept is brilliant and if anything they should be expanding on the concept and not scaling it back. Sometimes I don't get the way they think.

Well a full fledged Carsland would certainly put DHS on the map. Hope you are right.

Occasionally we surprise each other on here and are able to talk about things like adults. Don't get me wrong though, I can be very childish if the conversation calls for it.

Anyways, much of my information for these rumors comes from the trusted members of this board, as well as Jim Hill (who I also trust).

In talking with Jim about Disney rumors he has a pretty clear perspective on things, and definitely has good contacts. However, the problem as he says is that people on the internet tend to deal in absolutes, and when you're discussing rumors that's simply not realistic.

jrlbc06

I hadn't heard anything about Fantasyland Expansion being scaled back...what's supposed to be going on with the Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty areas?

I've been away for 3 weeks so I must have missed something.

DisneyParksFan1

Woah, I wasn't on here for a while, but when I was here, I remember that the 40th Anniversary Parade and show were confirmed by someone on this site, someone who is an insider I believe, since when was it comfirmed!? Legit question.

I would think the Frontierland Expansion would be moved into the red category since it has been confirmed by multiple sources that its on the table waiting to be greenlit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom