Upcoming/Rumored Projects

GizmoDuck

Exactly. FN:TM is probably one of the best Disney shows ever. The songs are actually quite memorable and it's worth repeat visits imo.

Ehh I wouldn't go as far as to say the songs are quite memorable. While I love the puppetry and choreography, the songs are pretty corny at best IMO:shrug:

(maybe memorable in a Its A Small World kind of way :lol:)

DisneyParksFan1

Hm, while the songs are quite memorable, and the puppetry is great. I don't think it is really the best area to put the attraction in. Nemo does not fit in Dinoland U.S.A. Neither did Tarzan, or The Jungle Book. Hmm, well, I guess it's the only place to put it.

GizmoDuck

Hm, while the songs are quite memorable, and the puppetry is great. I don't think it is really the best area to put the attraction in. Nemo does not fit in Dinoland U.S.A. Neither did Tarzan, or The Jungle Book. Hmm, well, I guess it's the only place to put it.

Unless...its the tip of an Australia themed land :drevil:

EPCOT Explorer

It's a stretch, but technically, The Theater in The Wild isn't in there. It's not in a land at all.:shrug:

DisneyParksFan1

Well, the park guide does classify it as a land, leading me to believe that it is. And if it isn't in Dinoland then, where is it? (no rudeness or sarcasm intended)

jeffk410

Since nothing of consequence is happening now or likely to happen in the near term, there really is no need for such a thread.

~What Will YOU Celebrate? Foreclosure!~

haha just looked at this persons post. Patience can go a long way. OP was correct about it all. I enjoyed the thread in march and now.

_Scar

It's a stretch, but technically, The Theater in The Wild isn't in there. It's not in a land at all.:shrug:

That's the vibe I get. It's just a theater.... in the wild. :D

And after I exited from the first time I went I couldnt help but still hum Just Keep Swimming, Go With the Flow, and Big Blue World

All the lyrics help move the story along and aren't just there because they rhyme or sound cool.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
According to Disneyworld.com, Theater in the Wild is in Dinoland U.S.A. - I'm hoping it will be part of Australia in a few years.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
It was just officially announced that Aladdin the Musical over at California Adventure will have it's last show on August 15, 2010 and then it will be replaced by a Toy Story show in 2011.

I really hope that this show finds it's way to Walt Disney World and it isn't lost forever. In my opinion this was the best stateside show in a Disney park.

EPCOT Explorer

That's the vibe I get. It's just a theater.... in the wild. :D

And after I exited from the first time I went I couldnt help but still hum Just Keep Swimming, Go With the Flow, and Big Blue World

All the lyrics help move the story along and aren't just there because they rhyme or sound cool.
Analytical of you!:wave::lookaroun

Loved the theatrics, loved the puppetry, hated the music. Sounded very corny. I'd see it again, though.
According to Disneyworld.com, Theater in the Wild is in Dinoland U.S.A. - I'm hoping it will be part of Australia in a few years.

According to the DAK WDI Guidebook, it's no where.....and I would trust the book.:lol:

EpcotServo

Theater of the Wild is in Dinoland U.S.A. It's a transition area really, and before it was that it was EXTREMELY out of the way and hard to get too. But with Dinoland and Asia Bridge expansions it seems like it's less separated.

And I love the music for Finding Nemo The Musical alot-Maybe it's my avant-garde offbroadway sensibilities that loves unique music rather than formulaic. Plus the composers did Avenue Q, and my favorite, the music from the "My Musical" episode of Scrubs.
:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

TECHNICALLY it would be in DinoLand

But storywise etc it isn't in a land

Then again "land" is quite an abstract concept :lol:

EDIT: ...its kinda like Tibet and China

Theater of the Wild is in Dinoland U.S.A. It's a transition area really, and before it was that it was EXTREMELY out of the way and hard to get too. But with Dinoland and Asia Bridge expansions it seems like it's less separated.

And I love the music for Finding Nemo The Musical alot-Maybe it's my avant-garde offbroadway sensibilities that loves unique music rather than formulaic. Plus the composers did Avenue Q, and my favorite, the music from the "My Musical" episode of Scrubs.
The book really does say it's not in a land....but it could be made to fit DLUSA, seeing that it's already "Man Made".:shrug:

Gotta agree on the Transition Area, though....However, I think the Theater in the Wild concept would have worked better near the Tree of Life.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
On the most recent Magical Definition podcast, Jim Hill indicated that the Muppet What Not workshop will be coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios at the beginning of next year. Prior to this, I didn't see a time frame or a specific location for the workshop (that was announced during D23).

Hill went on to discuss other information that we already know, but perhaps further validate - The video will be converted to Disney Digital 3D, and they will re-do the pre-show to include some of the Muppets.

Lastly, he mentioned that there were four more viral videos (like the Bohemian Rhapsody video) featuring the Muppets, including one for Carol of the Bells that should come out next week.

EPCOTPluto

Hill went on to discuss other information that we already know, but perhaps further validate - The video will be converted to Disney Digital 3D, and they will re-do the pre-show to include some of the Muppets.
As in live and not on screen? That would be awesome IF it's true. :D

EpcotServo

The book really does say it's not in a land....but it could be made to fit DLUSA, seeing that it's already "Man Made".:shrug:

Gotta agree on the Transition Area, though....However, I think the Theater in the Wild concept would have worked better near the Tree of Life.

Take a look at a park map. It's under Dinoland. Trust me, I have the maps from attending before DAK was officially open. I was there when it was it Safari Village and Asia was just Flights of Wonder. I think I know where Theater of the Wild is technically located.

Theater of the Wild is a Dinoland attraction. It stands apart from Dinoland, but it's Dinoland. It was also a Dinoland attraction as it was covered under the McDonalds Dinoland sponsor deal stating all Dinoland attractions would be sponsored by McDonald's. Like I said, it's falls under Dinoland's jurisdiction, but it's really a transition area, and before expansion, far hidden away from all the lands. Dinorama and Everest has put it further in the park. It works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom