Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Studios Fan

Take a look at a park map. It's under Dinoland. Trust me, I have the maps from attending before DAK was officially open. I was there when it was it Safari Village and Asia was just Flights of Wonder. I think I know where Theater of the Wild is technically located.
:lol:

Theater of the Wild is a Dinoland attraction. It stands apart from Dinoland, but it's Dinoland. It was also a Dinoland attraction as it was covered under the McDonalds Dinoland sponsor deal stating all Dinoland attractions would be sponsored by McDonald's. Like I said, it's falls under Dinoland's jurisdiction, but it's really a transition area, and before expansion, far hidden away from all the lands. Dinorama and Everest has put it further in the park. It works.

Yep, agreed it is in Dinoland.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
As in live and not on screen? That would be awesome IF it's true. :D

Sorry, I meant for that to say "some of the new Muppets." My understanding is that it would be a pre-show video with no live characters - it would just be a new pre-show video.

BigThunderMatt

Whats being added to Space Ship Earth? Anyone know?

What I want to know is why they ever changed the narrator. It's not like Jeremy Irons is dead, they could have just had him record a few new lines for the new show scenes. Which, in my mind, would have been better anyway. I mean, they had to pay Judi Dench to read an entirely new script! Something tells me Jeremy Irons reading a few new lines would have been much cheaper.

EPCOT Explorer

How so? In my opinion they did a much better job on the music for this show as opposed to the Toy Story show on Disney cruise.
(especially Big Blue World)
It was just cheesey. And I didn't like how the performers sang.

Take a look at a park map. It's under Dinoland. Trust me, I have the maps from attending before DAK was officially open. I was there when it was it Safari Village and Asia was just Flights of Wonder. I think I know where Theater of the Wild is technically located.
:lol:

Theater of the Wild is a Dinoland attraction. It stands apart from Dinoland, but it's Dinoland. It was also a Dinoland attraction as it was covered under the McDonalds Dinoland sponsor deal stating all Dinoland attractions would be sponsored by McDonald's. Like I said, it's falls under Dinoland's jurisdiction, but it's really a transition area, and before expansion, far hidden away from all the lands. Dinorama and Everest has put it further in the park. It works.
I know all that. I'm just saying what the WDI Guidebook says. It's IN Dinoland, but extraneous at the same time. :lol:

Whats being added to Space Ship Earth? Anyone know?
The descent is to be plussed with scenery and perhaps, music.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
It was just officially announced that Aladdin the Musical over at California Adventure will have it's last show on August 15, 2010 and then it will be replaced by a Toy Story show in 2011.

I really hope that this show finds it's way to Walt Disney World and it isn't lost forever. In my opinion this was the best stateside show in a Disney park.

Again, pure wishful thinking on my part, but The Hyperion Theater (Current home of Aladdin The Musical) at DCA has a capacity of 2000 guests, Superstar Star Theater (Currently the home of the American Idol Experience) has a capacity of 1000 guests. Does anyone know what the capacity of Premier Theater is (the backlot theater that used to house The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and was recently enclosed)?

I know adding the show to DHS would really make that park dominated by shows, but it would be such a positive addition I really hope it happens.

BigThunderMatt

Again: Assuming.

I DO NOT HATE FINDING NEMO.

I like the movie.

I like the ride.

I remotely like the show.

I only hate the placement of the ride in EPCOT.
:wave:

Nemo really got a disservice at WDW I think. Turtle Talk was about the only thing good. DAK got that horrid musical and DLR got a much superior ride (of course they probably could have done this at MK had they not ripped out the lagoon but then we wouldn't have that awesome Little Mermaid ride coming in).

BigThunderMatt

Again, pure wishful thinking on my part, but The Hyperion Theater (Current home of Aladdin The Musical) at DCA has a capacity of 2000 guests, Superstar Star Theater (Currently the home of the American Idol Experience) has a capacity of 1000 guests. Does anyone know what the capacity of Premier Theater is (the backlot theater that used to house The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and was recently enclosed)?

I know adding the show to DHS would really make that park dominated by shows, but it would be such a positive addition I really hope it happens.

I would imagine less than 1000. The seats were bleacher style and didn't rise very high in the back area of the theater. Not to mention Hunchback had the long runway through the center which cut capacity as well, unless that gap was there to begin with. Which I'm not sure of. The only two shows prior to Hunchback were Pocahontas and Ninja Turtles and Ninja turtles was there when it was just a stage. I never saw the Pocahontas show so I'm not sure if the runway was added when they semi-enclosed it and turned it into a theater.

Didn't they close Hunchback because of a sinkhole opening below the structure? Although I heard a similar rumor about Horizons...I think people just like to chalk up Florida sinkholes as being causes for attraction closures. AFAIK the backlot theater is currently used for storage of Osbourne props when they're not in use, but the brief peeks I were able to get in there while going on my break at least showed me that most of the set on stage was still intact. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I haven't worked in that area since December of 2006.

Figment632

I would imagine less than 1000. The seats were bleacher style and didn't rise very high in the back area of the theater. Not to mention Hunchback had the long runway through the center which cut capacity as well, unless that gap was there to begin with. Which I'm not sure of. The only two shows prior to Hunchback were Pocahontas and Ninja Turtles and Ninja turtles was there when it was just a stage. I never saw the Pocahontas show so I'm not sure if the runway was added when they semi-enclosed it and turned it into a theater.

Didn't they close Hunchback because of a sinkhole opening below the structure? Although I heard a similar rumor about Horizons...I think people just like to chalk up Florida sinkholes as being causes for attraction closures. AFAIK the backlot theater is currently used for storage of Osbourne props when they're not in use, but the brief peeks I were able to get in there while going on my break at least showed me that most of the set on stage was still intact. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I haven't worked in that area since December of 2006.

False in both cases there were never any sinkholes, Horizons closed because it lost its sponsorship and Eisner passed on a refurb.

Also capacity is no the only issue when it comes to The Aladdin show. There is currently not a theater in WDW that is tall enough for the Magic Carpet scene.

_Scar

Nemo really got a disservice at WDW I think. Turtle Talk was about the only thing good. DAK got that horrid musical and DLR got a much superior ride (of course they probably could have done this at MK had they not ripped out the lagoon but then we wouldn't have that awesome Little Mermaid ride coming in).

I've read that Nemo in DL isn't all that great. Awww, why do you think the musical is horrid? :confused:

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
To me, the required wait vs. payoff of the Nemo Subs isn't that great. I would much rather walk through the queue in Epcot and ride the shorter clammobile ride than wait 45 minutes+ in an unthemed queue for the Submarine ride.

EPCOT Explorer

DHS is the place for Shows. It would go perfectly. :D

Agreed in full. The ride is good quality and all, but I just don't like the randomness of it. It feels like a bad Dark Ride

To me, the required wait vs. payoff of the Nemo Subs isn't that great. I would much rather walk through the queue in Epcot and ride the shorter clammobile ride than wait 45 minutes+ in an unthemed queue for the Submarine ride.
And one thing is for sure, our queue is pretty awesome.

beyondyou

And one thing is for sure, our queue is pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

now its just a shame that hardly anyone is ever in it...

i've never had to stop and wait in that line...i have of course stopped to look around at all the detail but in line sense, never.

omnimover line system for the win!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom