Upcoming/Rumored Projects

hack2112

Sure....Good....:lookaroun

Stringent? In what sense? Was TDO involved.
They put RFID-like tags on all attendants and made them "check in" at every event they were required to go to. If you didn't show up, or even forgot to check in, you would be billed for your entire trip, full price.

Also, Disney had an incredibly small presence show floor wise, they weren't even handing out pins this year.

EPCOT Explorer

They put RFID-like tags on all attendants and made them "check in" at every event they were required to go to. If you didn't show up, or even forgot to check in, you would be billed for your entire trip, full price.

Also, Disney had an incredibly small presence show floor wise, they weren't even handing out pins this year.

Wow. I guess they are going off their D23 Expo?

tirian

Since Al broke the story on MiceAge today, and several of us didn't want to say anything here until somebody else took the windfall for it, I'll add this to the thread:

:cool:Captain EO is probably coming back to Epcot.:cool:

It was always a strong contender for DL, but WDW management felt it wouldn't work well with Florida's demographic. Yet now, as Al accurately reported, WDW is considering it again.

I have mixed feelings on this, because no matter how nostalgic the movie is for Michael Jackson fans, Captain EO is cheesy in the worst 80s way possible—the last thing Epcot needs.

Figment632

Since Al broke the story on MiceAge today, and several of us didn't want to say anything here until somebody else took the windfall for it, I'll add this to the thread:

It was always a strong contender for DL, but WDW management felt it wouldn't work well with Florida's demographic. Yet now, as Al accurately reported, WDW is considering it again.

I have mixed feelings on this, because no matter how nostalgic the movie is for Michael Jackson fans, Captain EO is cheesy in the worst 80s way possible—the last thing Epcot needs.

I Agree 100%

FigmentJedi

I was gonna say I welcome EO just so the Institute theme could be eroded a little and maybe even hasten a full Imagination Pavilion overhaul.

EPCOT Explorer

If they were bringing it back point blank, and without a real reason, then yeah, it would make no sense. But, seeing that MJ is gone, it's a nice tribute. And, I'm pretty thrilled that it's coming back seeing that it's part of ye olde EPCOT CENTER. :D

Lee

Adventurer
Yet now, as Al accurately reported, WDW is considering it again.
Very interesting turn of events.
I had heard not long ago that it was surely not gonna happen. Wonder what turned it around....

Anyhow, I'm for it. Even EO is better than Honey We Need an Audience.

tirian

Very interesting turn of events.
I had heard not long ago that it was surely not gonna happen. Wonder what turned it around....

Anyhow, I'm for it. Even EO is better than Honey We Need an Audience.

I was told the same thing. No way/no how/uh-uh. Now it is being reconsidered. There's no date on the timetable.

_Scar

When's enough actually enough?

This is like Anna Nicole Smith all over again where her death (and everyone taking advantage of it...) coverage went on forever and ever.

Disney is all about money. No doubt when they realized the cash cow that This Is It was that they all of a sudden realized it might be a good idea.

:rolleyes:

EpcotServo

Captain Eo?

AT WDW?

I doubt it very much.

H.G. Wells-Jules Verne Era Skeptic Society, what say you?

"Bah! This notion is more absurd than that of a Time Machine that could travel around the world in eighty days! Which is preposterous!"

"Verliy."

"Indeed!"

"Harumph I say."

"Come along Skeptics! I shant waste any more of our time on fantasies when I have an appointment with Lord Cutleroo who says he is postulating the proposition of traveling 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea before traveling safely from the Earth to the Moon and Back!"

"Harooomph! I shall believe that when I sckeptically inquire on that issue!"

"I say GOOD DAY SIR!"

EPCOT Explorer

Captain Eo?

AT WDW?

I doubt it very much.

H.G. Wells-Jules Verne Era Skeptic Society, what say you?

"Bah! This notion is more absurd than that of a Time Machine that could travel around the world in eighty days! Which is preposterous!"

"Verliy."

"Indeed!"

"Harumph I say."

"Come along Skeptics! I shant waste any more of our time on fantasies when I have an appointment with Lord Cutleroo who says he is postulating the proposition of traveling 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea before traveling safely from the Earth to the Moon and Back!"

"Harooomph! I shall believe that when I sckeptically inquire on that issue!"

"I say GOOD DAY SIR!"
:ROFLOL:

Nothing set in stone.
It's been bumped a few times, for various reasons...likely will again.:shrug:

:mad:

It should be NOW. Or at least at the next D23. EPCOT certainly is getting the shaft with this round of expansion, I would hate to see it loose out on the next. DAK, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom