Upcoming/Rumored Projects

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Has anyone seen Flights of Wonder since it re-opened? I assume that Kevin and Dugg from Up where not included?

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I have updated the front page, moving several projects from Red to Blue. Additionally, I am still awaiting word from anyone that has seen Flights of Wonder since the refurbishment. Have their been any changes?

Exprcoofto

Hmm... EPCOT and AK are the ones that have minimal green lit projects. Anything to expect to be green lit for either one any time soon? :shrug:

GizmoDuck

Gotta be honest, I'll believe that they're removing the hat when it actually happens

Hoping it only moves though, I like it, but obviously its placement was questionable.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
It sounds like it's just going to be removed, and they're going to make the water tower the park icon again.

DisneyParksFan1

Hmm... I didn't know the walls for the FYL expansion went up this month...

Oh, and how is the Yeti getting a refurb? Are they just doing some maintenance or...

EPCOT Explorer

REALLY?! :sohappy:

Is Chinese Teather the replacement icon?

The Theater never was, and never will be the icon. It is merely the weenie for the park.

The Icon was the Earful Tower, until they put up the hat in 2001.:wave:

And YES, the Icon and the Weenie can be two separate things.
Can it be true!? :sohappy: :cry:

(still kinda new here... this is news to me)
Yep! :) Things look positive on this front.

DisneyParksFan1

The representatives who were I believe interviewed during Disney's Hollywood Studios' 20th Anniversary events in fact did say that they knew we hated the hat and then they went on to say something that did hint the removal of the hat.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
There were rumors about construction walls in Fantasyland in November. I have heard that there was some construction walls starting to go up, but I don't know if that's true.

EpcotServo

The Theater never was, and never will be the icon. It is merely the weenie for the park.

The Icon was the Earful Tower, until they put up the hat in 2001.:wave:

No.

Never.

Wrong Wrong Wrong.

"The Chinese Theatre is our Castle at the end of Main Street, our Main Street being Hollywood..."
-
Studios Imagineer at time of Construction

The theater has been/always will be/the main icon of Studios. The water tower is an icon...for the Backlot Tour. It was designed to be seen, pretty much only on the Backlot Tour.

EPCOTPluto

There were rumors about construction walls in Fantasyland in November. I have heard that there was some construction walls starting to go up, but I don't know if that's true.
I didn't see any walls up Saturday at MK. :shrug:

Maybe that's for in December.

Lee

Adventurer
"The Chinese Theatre is our Castle at the end of Main Street, our Main Street being Hollywood..."
-
The theater has been/always will be/the main icon of Studios. The water tower is an icon...for the Backlot Tour. It was designed to be seen, pretty much only on the Backlot Tour.

Ummmm....I disagree.
The Theatre is at the end of "Main St", positioned to be it's weenie.
The Earful Tower was meant to be the parks icon. It just didn't turn out that way, since it's hard to see/photograph from inside the park. Since the theatre wasn't looked at as an icon, they didn't hesitate to block it with the hat, at least temporarily.
They wouldn't block the castle, Tree of Life or SSE with a hat. Them being the park icons.
So sayeth WDI guys I have talked to about it, dating back 5 or 6 years ago.

EPCOT Explorer

No.

Never.

Wrong Wrong Wrong.

-

Making it the weenie. It's what draws you in. It's on Merch.

Does it represent the park and it's fragmented philosophy? :)lookaroun) Nope. Tower does that.

Ummmm....I disagree.
The Theatre is at the end of "Main St", positioned to be it's weenie.
The Earful Tower was meant to be the parks icon. It just didn't turn out that way, since it's hard to see/photograph from inside the park. Since the theatre wasn't looked at as an icon, they didn't hesitate to block it with the hat, at least temporarily.
They wouldn't block the castle, Tree of Life or SSE with a hat. Them being the park icons.
So sayeth WDI guys I have talked to about it, dating back 5 or 6 years ago.
Or....what my good friend Lee said. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom