Upcoming/Rumored Projects

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Updated the first page with the following info

Skyway Building demoltion (Potential Space Mountain overflow queue, Wishes Dessert party on roof)

Club34

i havent read all 30 pages of this thread but....

today's disney daydreaming led me to google satellite. now im not an engineer but i could not discern where exactly they could put an entire new land in AK. could someone give some clues as to what (or specifically where?) they might be thinking should they want to expand and put us into cardiac arrest.

and on a similar expansion dreamscape... one area that seems ripe for new stuff and hopefully a cool ride (eticket?) is the world showcase. the satellite shows ample room for a whole other country (that could be quite sizable actually) or even an addition to an already existing country. someone on another post mentioned the long fabled japan coaster. i think that might be number 1 on my ultimate wishlist. im thinking matterhorn-ish but modern and smoother :lookaroun

and yes i know none of things are probably ever gonna happen but dammit its this kinda crap that gets me through my days ...at least until i get to go home again. CSR booked last night! :sohappy: 94 days!!

Studios Fan

today's disney daydreaming led me to google satellite. now im not an engineer but i could not discern where exactly they could put an entire new land in AK. could someone give some clues as to what (or specifically where?) they might be thinking should they want to expand and put us into cardiac arrest.

It is supposed to go over by Camp Minnie-Mickey.

Club34

thats what i thought too. but even if they raze the whole camp :lookaroun it doesnt seem to have the girth? or space to accommodate the paths and hopefully eticket ride(s) that would be needed in a new "land". of course if they push the land back towards the front of the park or relocate some of the backstage area then maybe. im just comparing the map sections to other park areas like in MK and Epcot thinking about the kind of structures and buildings that would likely pop up. that area seems akward to do the mystical beast land or whatever. i'll do my own scouting in a few months but its fun to speculate.

actually i just re-looked at the map and it does seem like they could squeeze something in there. it could be comparable to the dino land area in size and scope. i dont know if would be ideal. im just thinking if ppl want the mountain-type ride then the space doesnt seem to fit. im sure youre all like me and basically want a new park within a park :)

RandySavage

3961552778_eaaf09abc8_b.jpg

The very large empty grass field in the lower left is the big expansion pad (where the Dragon Tower was originally supposed to go).

There is also a lot of room for expansion in the northeast (where the original Asian raft ride was to be before it was downscaled to Kali). I believe that land is where Joe Rohde's "Night Kingdom" mini-park was to have been located.

_Scar

I wouldn't expect to see BK anytime soon :/ or any big expansion to Epcot. It appears that both parks will not have much in store for the next few years.

Interesting NK. I aways thought NK was going to be on the old Discovery Island on Bay Lake. :shrug:

misterID

What happened to the hybrid MI that was supposed to happen in AK? Is that still in the works?

And Epcot still might get the new Imagination, right?

RSoxNo1

Original Poster

and on a similar expansion dreamscape... one area that seems ripe for new stuff and hopefully a cool ride (eticket?) is the world showcase. the satellite shows ample room for a whole other country (that could be quite sizable actually) or even an addition to an already existing country. someone on another post mentioned the long fabled japan coaster. i think that might be number 1 on my ultimate wishlist. im thinking matterhorn-ish but modern and smoother :lookaroun

and yes i know none of things are probably ever gonna happen but dammit its this kinda crap that gets me through my days ...at least until i get to go home again. CSR booked last night! :sohappy: 94 days!!

There is a large expansion pad in Asia, but it would probably necessitate a winding path of sorts to get to it.

There is plenty of room behind the restaurants in Africa, and this has been speculated as a possible landing spot for Festival of the Lion King in the event that Camp Minnie Mickey is eventually rethemed.

There's quite a bit of room between Africa and Asia, sandwiched between Africa and Rafiki's Planet Watch

Also, DinoRama could be leveled in about a week per Joe Rohde.

The Animal Kingdom has plenty of space, but it doesn't seem like anything will be opening for 5+ years.

_Scar

What happened to the hybrid MI that was supposed to happen in AK? Is that still in the works?

And Epcot still might get the new Imagination, right?

MI seems highly unlikely ever. Maybe a similar ride system, but not MI just seems way unlikely.

Epcot, maybe. I don't think that'd happen anytime soon either though.

Just my guesses.

Brian_WDW74

Christmas Show on Old Stitch's Supersonic Celebration Stage

This one can now go into the "Confirmed" category:
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Introduces Rockin’ Stage Show on 19 Select Evenings in November and December at Magic Kingdom

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Walt Disney World Resort unwraps a sleighful of entertainment offerings during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom on 19 select evenings beginning Nov. 10 – including a rockin’ new stage show to welcome the winter wonderland season. “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas!” features Stitch, Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski and a jubilant cast of party-goers who discover the true meaning of the season during their annual Christmas party. The interactive musical revue features “songs of the season” in the style of today’s hottest Radio Disney hits.

This popular special-ticket event also includes “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,” “Holiday Wishes-Celebrate the Spirit of the Season” fireworks spectacular plus special shows featuring Disney characters (decked out in their holiday finest), carolers, festive tree lightings and more.

Parties are slated for Nov. 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 29 and Dec. 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, with the merriment beginning at 7 p.m. and continuing until midnight. Select attractions also are open throughout the evening.

And while forecasters predict the first snowfall of the season will swirl a winter-like effect down Main Street, U.S.A., guests can take heart: there’s hot cocoa and cookies to add a warm spirit, plus apple slices and apple juice as the perfect trimmings for a not-to-miss outing for the entire family.

To purchase advance tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, guests can visit disneyworld.com/christmasparty or call 407/W-DISNEY. Advance tickets are suggested as some nights are expected to sell out.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I moved the Stitch's Stage thing under the completed projects and just alluded to the fact that it will be used for special events.

Mikk(y)'sMinnie

This one can now go into the "Confirmed" category:
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Introduces Rockin’ Stage Show on 19 Select Evenings in November and December at Magic Kingdom

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Walt Disney World Resort unwraps a sleighful of entertainment offerings during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom on 19 select evenings beginning Nov. 10 – including a rockin’ new stage show to welcome the winter wonderland season. “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas!” features Stitch, Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski and a jubilant cast of party-goers who discover the true meaning of the season during their annual Christmas party. The interactive musical revue features “songs of the season” in the style of today’s hottest Radio Disney hits.

This popular special-ticket event also includes “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,” “Holiday Wishes-Celebrate the Spirit of the Season” fireworks spectacular plus special shows featuring Disney characters (decked out in their holiday finest), carolers, festive tree lightings and more.

Parties are slated for Nov. 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 29 and Dec. 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, with the merriment beginning at 7 p.m. and continuing until midnight. Select attractions also are open throughout the evening.

And while forecasters predict the first snowfall of the season will swirl a winter-like effect down Main Street, U.S.A., guests can take heart: there’s hot cocoa and cookies to add a warm spirit, plus apple slices and apple juice as the perfect trimmings for a not-to-miss outing for the entire family.

To purchase advance tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, guests can visit disneyworld.com/christmasparty or call 407/W-DISNEY. Advance tickets are suggested as some nights are expected to sell out.

Is this show replacing the telling of The Night Before Christmas :veryconfu I am so bumed! :cry: We are going to the party in a few weeks and I didn't see it on any of the info about the party. It's my favorite part!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom