Upcoming DHS closings ...

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Look for the ridiculously long-running Beauty and the Beast stage show to end its run at the Studios following the holiday season. Right now, with no replacement as no show has gotten budget approval and likely won't until the entire Studios Extreme (or Less) Makeover gets decided on. Considering the success DCA castoff Block Party Bash had here, it's very likely that approval will also be given to take the current Pixar Parade when it ends its run in Anaheim, even if it can't start immediately here due to construction.

Also, the fanboi reviled American Idol Experience will be closing down by the end of second quarter 2014 as well with the space repurposed with a new attraction.

These decisions are made and will happen regardless of exactly how much $$$ the BoD gives The Weatherman to fix the Studios park.

I have not seen that show in years. Thanks for the info. I'll make sure to hit it one last time in August.

Though I was pretty unimpressed after I saw the real version

Beholder

Thanks for the info, I really hope this indicates a shift in the right direction. Been far too long since things of this magnitude have happened. I just hope that the budgets remain adequate and things get done in a somewhat reasonable time. But no doubt, this all pretty exciting stuff, going to be nice to actually have new toys to play with! At least in a few years.

WaltsWorld

But something will go there, it's just not determined what, right? And will it be another show (both Tangled and PatF have been rumored) or could it be possible that the theater would be torn down and combined with the expansion space for a ride?

I'm gonna go on record and say we'll see a Tangled show starting in late 2014.

I've heard rumors of either Tangled or Aladdin taking the space of Beauty and the Beast. Tangled would be harder, but I feel like Disney has too many productions of Aladdin occurring right now.

SyracuseOrange

I've heard rumors of either Tangled or Aladdin taking the space of Beauty and the Beast. Tangled would be harder, but I feel like Disney has too many productions of Aladdin occurring right now.
Agreed. It would probably end up being similar to the DCA version, which is an alright show but I don't want a clone of it. And with the upcoming Broadway production, and the cruise line, there's enough Aladdin.

Tangled would be such a fun show, and the lantern scene has so much theatrical potential.

WaltsWorld

Agreed. It would probably end up being similar to the DCA version, which is an alright show but I don't want a clone of it. And with the upcoming Broadway production, and the cruise line, there's enough Aladdin.

Tangled would be such a fun show, and the lantern scene has so much theatrical potential.

They are just going to have to come up with something to figure out the hair situation. Tangled would be a smash hit. I would not be surprised if they decided to go with Aladdin though. It would be so much easier to clone a show rather than to create a completely new one.

On the topic of PatF joining, that would actually surprise me. While the film was popular, I don't know if it has the same draw that the other productions would.

I'm just glad BatB is leaving. I loved that movie; however, I'm starting to get a little sick of Belle. We are seeing so much of her recently (especially at MK). Let's have a little variety!

WaltsWorld

I wonder if Voyage of a Little Mermaid will remain? That show could use a little (ahem A LOT) of work. It's old and The Little Mermaid is all of MK now. I wonder if that will join the other DHS shows that are on the chopping block. Image the fun puppet shows that they could put into that space...

aladdin2007

I wonder if Voyage of a Little Mermaid will remain? That show could use a little (ahem A LOT) of work. It's old and The Little Mermaid is all of MK now. I wonder if that will join the other DHS shows that are on the chopping block. Image the fun puppet shows that they could put into that space...

That is where the new PF show was discussed to go, but dont know what has come of that as of late with all these new plans. There was also talk of something Muppets going to that location maybe, 74?.

SyracuseOrange

They are just going to have to come up with something to figure out the hair situation. Tangled would be a smash hit. I would not be surprised if they decided to go with Aladdin though. It would be so much easier to clone a show rather than to create a completely new one.

On the topic of PatF joining, that would actually surprise me. While the film was popular, I don't know if it has the same draw that the other productions would.

I'm just glad BatB is leaving. I loved that movie; however, I'm starting to get a little sick of Belle. We are seeing so much of her recently (especially at MK). Let's have a little variety!

Sadly, me neither.

FigmentsFangirl

My personal thoughts on this is: FINALLY, American Idol has run its time and should be done away with. do not get me wrong, Personally, I was never a fan of the show. But the attaction I enjoyed at times as a spectator. We went to it a few times, then stopped because it got repetive for us. BatB we saw once every few trips. Personally I did not enjoy it that much myself. {hated the movie myself}

My thoughts on replacements though is if Aladdin comes to Florida, put it in Morocco. Not in DHS. It'd literally get propular there because it fits the theme perfectly! As for a replace to BatB, I think Tangled will fit in perfectly. {"Frying pans! Who knew right ?!"} Best case scenario, give The Genie from the Aladdin show his own stand up slot, it'd be a riot! But where to put it ? Ah! The old BatB stage! Perfect! But then it could also be an indoor or mobile show....

Now, for a replacement of AI; Only thing that comes to mind is a full on Star Wars SET; think about it, either inside Echobase, or the inside of a Star Destroyer, maybe even an interactive place like Iinnoventions at EPCOT, only in this case its all Star Wars, Be a Droid repairman, or maybe even a Pilot, get a full tour oif the Senate building perhaps ? If we can do a set, they why not a ride similar to Star Tours, only in this case a fighter game ? three minutes or the like, I sense Disney Interactive getting it on better with LucasArts to make some more PC computer games, or even making a X-Wing game into an actual ride....

I'll shut up

Yay for us July babies! {29 on this past July 6th for me!}

RoyWalley

This reminds of another thread that the hat was going to be taken down, and i believe the thread started in 2009! It's funny that so many people believe whats on these boards and people's opinion. We have no idea what is going to happen until it is announced by Disney.

SirLink

This reminds of another thread that the hat was going to be taken down, and i believe the thread started in 2009! It's funny that so many people believe whats on these boards and people's opinion. We have no idea what is going to happen until it is announced by Disney.

We kind of do though - @WDW1974, @marni1971, @Lee, @articos, @pheneix give us enough information as well as Old man Al for the west coast. I believe those 6 people are going to give me the closet to the truth without TWDC sheer complete guff when they announce something.

DizFiz

I'm glad that DHS is starting to head in the right direction... I couldn't be more happier when reading the AIE is closing.... interested to see how this all turns out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom