Unusual Disney Fact

wdwsog

In Frontierland Station on the top shelf is a wooden leg with Smith written on it. "The joke from Mary Poppins" I knew a man with a wooden leg named smith. really, what was the name of his other leg?

raven

CM's at the HM are supposed to put a fresh rose on Master Gracey's grave outside the mansion each morning as well as stir up the dirt on his grave to make it look fresh. (Although in the past years it only looks like they change the rose once a week and they rarely dig up dirt.)

bigorangeandy

Preview Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoheadman
the american flags above the buildings on main street have been slightly altered. So, being that thay are not TRUE American flags, they don't have to be lowered every night.

The flags on the ferrys from the TTC to the MK are 48 star flags, not 50 stars. I ask the captain about it as she was going from one end to the other, and her response was something such as that they didn't have to light it all night long, and bad weather. I would guess that this is what is one the buildings, not a 50 star flag.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
CM's at the HM are supposed to put a fresh rose on Master Gracey's grave outside the mansion each morning as well as stir up the dirt on his grave to make it look fresh. (Although in the past years it only looks like they change the rose once a week and they rarely dig up dirt.)

OMg! Thatrs so cool! I guess they wont be chaging till september!

WEDisney

MGM wasn't first conceived to be a theam park at all. It was to be a movie pavillion at EPCOT set between The Land and Imagination. Guests would have entered a building and borded a large roaming vehicle that took them past various movie scenes. The idea grew into an entire park and the drive-by movie attraction became The Great Movie Ride.

Thats the Travel Channels view and is correct but the real reason it was changed into a park was because a little boy named Universal came in to town.

WEDisney

One of the more well known Hidden Mickeys is made from a place setting on the table in the Haunted Mansion's Grand Ballroom scene. This place setting's location on the table is changed from time to time, sometimes daily.

Scott

Actually this is not an "Official" hidden Mickey. Mostly because the imagineers hate it and always remove it when they work on the Mansion. Other cast members are said to replace it and it infuriates the imagineers.

WEDisney

Original plans for hotels around the Magic Kingdom included the Asian (Now the Grand Floridian) The Persian (Never built on the shores of Bay Lake). The Venetian (To be built near the TTC). The Venetian Idea later became the Mediterranean and it went as far as a survey of land in the 90's but the area was not deemed suitable for a resort.

There used to be a floating bar (Chinese Junk) docked at the Polynesian and there were daily excursions with the resort guests in the War Canoe

The Empress Lilly, named for Lillian, (Now Fultons) was home to three different Restaurants. The Empress Room, Steerman's Quarters and Fisherman's Deck. The Empress Room was the premiere Disney Restaurant until Victoria and Albert's opened.

Scott M

Keys to the Kingdom tour with tour guide Aaron?

You probably would now then why there is a brown stream in the middle of Liberty Square...

I give up. Why is there a brown stream in the middle of Liberty Square? Does it have something to do with the Mississippi River?

Scott

WLnTR

Little Known Monorail Facts:
1. WDW has 223 miles of monorail track.
2. Monorails can reach a top speed of 341 mph, but rarely travel more than 200 mph during a normal day.
3. The real reason there has been no monorail expansion: Monorails get a lousy 12 mpg.

waaait a minute...:veryconfu
no, no... that doesn't add up at all... this guys a phooooney

WDWJenn

I've read in several palces about looking at Walt's ring finger for a neat surprise. Does anyone know what's on his finger? How about a photo? I won't be going back until July '08. I'm a bit impatient and don't think I could wait until then!!!!

There's a hidden mickey on his ring... wish I could find my photo... but it's lost in a sea of litterally THOUSANDS of hidden mickey image files on my pc.

WLnTR

I read that the two skeletons playing chess in POTC are caught in a stalemate thus causing their demise. More interestingly, some more attentive folks have noticed the position of the pieces on the board would be impossible to attain in a real chess game...

BRER DAD

I read that the two skeletons playing chess in POTC are caught in a stalemate thus causing their demise. More interestingly, some more attentive folks have noticed the position of the pieces on the board would be impossible to attain in a real chess game...

I herd the same thing.

WISH4EE@WDW

I herd the same thing.

You can read all about it right here with pictures.
But I'll summarize for you if you don't want to go to the site. It might have been, at some time in the past or even at present day, in stalemate. However, it seems just like the hidden mickey at Haunted Mansion; it comes and goes. As of August 2006 (which I know is old) there still is no stalemate. So perhaps someone has more recent pictures of it being in a stalemate?? :confused:

You can see here that at least in 1997 (see point #7) that it might have been in stalemate. But it seems that more-over it's not so much in stalemate as it's not even a real game. See comment dated September 27, 1998. The person who wrote said it would be impossible to line up the pawns as they where placed on the board just by playing.

Bottom line, it might have been a stalemate sometime in the past. However, it does not seem to be maintained that way all of the time. And I for one cannot say with any certainty that it is today. So as my pal's the MythBusters would say. Plausible, but not confirmed!

Champion

Bottom line, it might have been a stalemate sometime in the past. However, it does not seem to be maintained that way all of the time. And I for one cannot say with any certainty that it is today. So as my pal's the MythBusters would say. Possible, but not confirmed!

Plausible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom