Unusual Disney Fact

WhyteAL

When walking through Morocco, take a look at all of the mosaic tile artwork on the walls. You will notice that each mosaic has at least one cracked/flawed tile in it. This is because these mosaics were created by Moroccan artisans in a unique arrangement with the Moroccan gov't and Disney as mentioned before. The Moroccan people worship Allah, and believe that only Allah can create something that is "perfect," so every mosaic was purposely flawed!

The Moroccan people are composed of mostly of the muslim faith. Allah is God in arabic. Which is why "he" is praised as such. But the tile thing is very true. They belive that there is only one God and Allah is his name and Mohamand is his prophet.

Quick fact/urban legend: Epcot's SSE used to have a sorcerrors Mickey hand and wand with the number 2000 on it to celebrate the millinium after that they took off the 2000 and added Epcot. Which it currently is not there anymore,.........:sohappy:

:lookaroun What?

trendicoff

A lot of people have been watching the travel channel disney shows, i can tell.

In the utilidors (the first floor to the MK) they use a special swedish vacuum system to get rid of trash. I cant remember hte name of it

Wow, I didn't know it was Sweedish, but its called AVACS - Automated Vacuum Assisted Collection System

Another little funfact for us Marylanders, the large clocks along Main Street come from the Baltimore Harbor from before the huge Rouse Co. rennovations

sarabi

The Moroccan people are composed of mostly of the muslim faith. Allah is God in arabic. Which is why "he" is praised as such. But the tile thing is very true. They belive that there is only one God and Allah is his name and Mohamand is his prophet.

Quick fact/urban legend: Epcot's SSE used to have a sorcerrors Mickey hand and wand with the number 2000 on it to celebrate the millinium after that they took off the 2000 and added Epcot. Which it currently is not there anymore,.........:sohappy:

:lookaroun What?

Not an urban legend... that's a fact. I was there for the Millenium celebration and saw it constructed. I did not know at the time they would change it to EPCOT and keep it up there for so long, but it was exciting to see it go up at the time.

josh_e_washie

Did you know...

In the ballroom scene at the HM, all of the dancing women are wearing retired princess dresses from Walt Disney Entertainment. Look closely: there is an Aurora, Belle, Cinderella and Snow White dress in there!

:-D

WhyteAL

Not an urban legend... that's a fact. I was there for the Millenium celebration and saw it constructed. I did not know at the time they would change it to EPCOT and keep it up there for so long, but it was exciting to see it go up at the time.

:hammer:

(I know I posted a pick on the picture thread a while back, I was there)

I was just clowning around...

jiminy.cricket

In the ballroom scene at the HM, all of the dancing women are wearing retired princess dresses from Walt Disney Entertainment. Look closely: there is an Aurora, Belle, Cinderella and Snow White dress in there!

I had no idea! I've also heard that the women appear to be leading the men in the dance.

fillerup

The original ride vehicle for Space Mountain had only two seats in each car yet seated four. Your spouse or new best friend would be seated between your legs.

I remember this clearly because the one and only time my wife ever rode this she came away with abject terror and beard burns on her face from being smashed up against me.

Craig & Lisa

Morroco in Epcot was built by Moroccan architects as a requirement by the prince to include the country in World Showcase. As a thank you, after the pavilion was completed, the prince gave it to Disney as a gift. It is the only pavilion in World Showcase Disney did not pay for.
While on the segway around the world tour, we had gotton some other info on that pavillion. Thay had artisans from morroco work on the plaster work, if you take a good look at some of the work it looks as though some of the work has been damaged on purpose, well it was. According to their beliefs, nothing is perfect, so once they finish they damage their own work, so they don't sin.

JimboJones123

While on the segway around the world tour, we had gotton some other info on that pavillion. Thay had artisans from morroco work on the plaster work, if you take a good look at some of the work it looks as though some of the work has been damaged on purpose, well it was. According to their beliefs, nothing is perfect, so once they finish they damage their own work, so they don't sin.
So I have the same beliefs as those from Morroco? Whooda knew. I damage my stuff all the time.

LoriMistress

The Christmas trees located at the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, the Disney-MGM Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park are all 65 feet tall. Each tree has more than 5,500 lights twinkling from the branches.

ldsprincess

that is so cool! i never, ever noticed that! does anyone have any pics they can share?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom