Unusual Disney Fact

brkgnews

There were also originally plans to have a tesla coil shoot honest-to-God electricity out as lightning bolts for the Maelstrom ride.

YankeesFan

I've read in several palces about looking at Walt's ring finger for a neat surprise. Does anyone know what's on his finger? How about a photo? I won't be going back until July '08. I'm a bit impatient and don't think I could wait until then!!!!

cb3k

Original Poster
I've read in several palces about looking at Walt's ring finger for a neat surprise. Does anyone know what's on his finger? How about a photo? I won't be going back until July '08. I'm a bit impatient and don't think I could wait until then!!!!
It's nothing big, but it is a little extra disney "touch" that goes unnoticed...He is wearing a Mickey Mouse ring (technically you could consider it a neat hidden mickey, and its always fun to showcase your disney knowledge as you point it out to family or friends)...You will probably have to stand on the ledge surrounding the statue to see it, unless you are 7 foot 5 that is...hope this eased your impatience

hrcollectibles

I thought these were pretty cool...

Magic Kingdom:
There are about 1100 Audio-Animatronic figures in the Magic Kingdom alone! These are all controlled using a system called DACS (Digital Animation Control System) from a central remote location, along with the more than 700 soundtracks for attractions, parades, stores and restaurants! In the four theme parks, there are close to 2000 Audio-Animatronics figures in all.

If you look closely at the ground as you walk down the center of Main Street, USA ,you will see a series of "pucks" embedded in the pavement. These are actually small sensors used to locate and identify floats along the parade route. As float passes over each of these "pucks," they transmit information back to a central computer (identified as "pageant"). This information is used to synchronize each float with it's music., and ensure that it is in the correct location in relation to the other floats.

EPCOT:
Covering more than 300 acres, Epcot occupies only about 1/100th of the approximately 30,000 acre site that Walt Disney World is located on! (In fact, only about 7,100 acres are developed! That's a whole lot of extra room for more parks, hotels and attractions!)

Walt Disney originally envisioned a dome over the entire Epcot city in order to have complete control over the weather.

STUDIOS:
The amount of paint used to cover the Sorcerer Mickey hat in Disney MGM Studios could cover 500 Cadillacs!

The Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the center of the Studios stands 100 feet tall, which means that Mickey Mouse would have to be 350 feet tall, and wear a hat size of 605 7/8 if he were to put on this giant hat! In fact, the interior space of the hat equals nearly 60,000 cubic feet, and if you turned it upside-down, could hold 444,744 gallons of water

Animal Kingdom:
Disney Imagineers spent 10 years designing and over $800,000,000.00 building Disney's 4th theme park. That's about twice as much as it cost to open the entire Walt Disney World Resort in 1971!

Disney's Animal Kingdom's scientists have discovered two new vocalizations never before reported in elephants.

Chew on that for awhile :king:

I think most of them are in its a small world....:ROFLOL:

hrcollectibles

Here is something interesting that a CM told me...Walts hand is placed over top of mickeys in the famous partners statue symbolizing his hand over everything he created, as opposed to Roy's hand which is placed palm side up in his statue with minnie to symbolize being the financial element (think of money stacked in palm)...also minnie is sitting in the middle of the bench because in early times it was improper for a girl to be at the end of the bench..this also leaves a spot for mickey to theoretically come and sit. Also look at walts raised hand on his ring finger, there is a little surprise!

what is it?

LoriMistress

A collection of antique postcards found at an Atlantic City bookstore was used to create the patterns of the draperies in the Boardwalk Inn's guest rooms. In fact, during construction, a carpenter noticed a postcard dating back to 1933 written by a young man to his girlfriend. Oddly enough, the man and woman from the postcard are the carpenter's aunt and uncle! It's a small world after all!

YankeesFan

It's nothing big, but it is a little extra disney "touch" that goes unnoticed...He is wearing a Mickey Mouse ring (technically you could consider it a neat hidden mickey, and its always fun to showcase your disney knowledge as you point it out to family or friends)...You will probably have to stand on the ledge surrounding the statue to see it, unless you are 7 foot 5 that is...hope this eased your impatience

Thanks so much! We will be going with my in-laws. My Father -in-law prides himself in knowing all (he works for the Postal Service; very Cliff Clavin like). Here's my chance to stick it to him!!! Thanks to all for the tidbits!

bryPOD

Just thought it would be neat to start a thread where you could post an unusual fact about the world and show off a lil. Everyone has those lil tidbits, and can impress your friends at the drop of a dime (or have them think you are a complete loser) by spouting off that Cinderellas castle is 189 feet tall and made with no bricks, or that the blinking red light in the wand is cleverly disguised in there for air traffic, or the fact that the sand and muck dredged from the 7 seas lagoon is what was used to cover the "tunnel system/ 1st floor at MK"...I thought it would be neat for everyone to post a couple and "Strengthen their Arsenal" a lil bit.

Keys to the Kingdom tour with tour guide Aaron?

You probably would now then why there is a brown stream in the middle of Liberty Square...

GenerationX

The maintenance departments at the parks typically exhaust their budgets for the year in mid-December. Once that happens, if you look very closely, you'll notice that minor repairs to attractions are made with duct tape.

Each year, the 1,000,000th guest at the Magic Kingdom is awarded the doll of their choice from "it's a small world". The missing doll is then permanently replaced by the doll's understudy.

Little Known Monorail Facts:
1. WDW has 223 miles of monorail track.
2. Monorails can reach a top speed of 341 mph, but rarely travel more than 200 mph during a normal day.
3. The real reason there has been no monorail expansion: Monorails get a lousy 12 mpg.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Keys to the Kingdom tour with tour guide Aaron?

You probably would now then why there is a brown stream in the middle of Liberty Square...

Sewage

The maintenance departments at the parks typically exhaust their budgets for the year in mid-December. Once that happens, if you look very closely, you'll notice that minor repairs to attractions are made with duct tape.

Each year, the 1,000,000th guest at the Magic Kingdom is awarded the doll of their choice from "it's a small world". The missing doll is then permanently replaced by the doll's understudy.

Little Known Monorail Facts:
1. WDW has 223 miles of monorail track.
2. Monorails can reach a top speed of 341 mph, but rarely travel more than 200 mph during a normal day.
3. The real reason there has been no monorail expansion: Monorails get a lousy 12 mpg.

Duct tape and WD- 40 -you can fix the world!

VT GAL

A collection of antique postcards found at an Atlantic City bookstore was used to create the patterns of the draperies in the Boardwalk Inn's guest rooms. In fact, during construction, a carpenter noticed a postcard dating back to 1933 written by a young man to his girlfriend. Oddly enough, the man and woman from the postcard are the carpenter's aunt and uncle! It's a small world after all!

Ugh :p

cb3k

Original Poster
Hmmm was that a mistype that monorails can travel at 341 mph, I find it extremely fast, and I definitely haven't seen one cruising at 200mph at any time. Not tryin to disprove it, just curious if that were true

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hmmm was that a mistype that monorails can travel at 341 mph, I find it extremely fast, and I definitely haven't seen one cruising at 200mph at any time. Not tryin to disprove it, just curious if that were true

pssst....it was a joke

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom