Unusual Disney Fact

redfive13

In the Tower of Terror lobby, the letters that have fallen of of the directory that are lying at the bottom of the display case spell "evil Tower U R doomed".

Scott

These letters weren't there when I went in March. I've seen them before and then went to show someone... and they were gone. :confused:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
These letters weren't there when I went in March. I've seen them before and then went to show someone... and they were gone. :confused:
Most little things like this are placed deliberately by the Imagineers who build the attraction, this one isn't a "sanctioned" part of the show, it was apparently started by a CM with a sense of humour. Imagineers occasionally remove it and CMs occasionally restore it... An apparently endless battle.

raven

Here is something interesting that a CM told me...Walts hand is placed over top of mickeys in the famous partners statue symbolizing his hand over everything he created, as opposed to Roy's hand which is placed palm side up in his statue with minnie to symbolize being the financial element (think of money stacked in palm)...also minnie is sitting in the middle of the bench because in early times it was improper for a girl to be at the end of the bench..this also leaves a spot for mickey to theoretically come and sit. Also look at walts raised hand on his ring finger, there is a little surprise!

This is why I love this thread. Because this is an "unusual" fact like the thread states. Some of the other ones on here aren't unusual at all and we've heard them all before. Keep these other ones coming! :wave:

LoriMistress

Unusual EE Fact:

The mammoth-sized Audio-Animatronics Yeti has a potential thrust, in all of its hydraulic cylinders combined, of slightly over 259,000 pounds force -- potentially more instantaneous power than a 747-400 airliner.

brkgnews

I always thought it was supposed to be "Wild Animal Kingdom," but they didn't like the "wild" focus, rather than a generic focus.

agdbeanie

I noticed the same thing when I was there in March. When I asked a CM about it they said they weren't allowed to talk about it...so weird.

Rayray

No.

You can keep a flag up at night (and through weather) simply by properly illuminating it, which is what Disney does.

From what I understand, that fact about the flags is true.

A flag can be left out at night if illuminated but should be weather resistant flag to withstand precipitation and wind. Maybe the flags predated weather resistant material. Whether or not that's the reason, I do know that tour guides report that fact about the "fudged" flags in the Keys to the Kingdom tour (or have before).

Rayray

The yellow, red, and white tubes coming down from the ceiling in CTX (dinosaur) have chemical formulas on them, seeming to be dangerous reagents. These three formulas are for the horrifically deadly condiments of mustard, ketchup, and mayonaise.

In the original cut of the Enchanted Tiki Room, imagineers used a clean glass pipe to create the large, unbroken vertical stream of water.

EE is three completely separate stuctures, two dynamic and one static. The mountian facade is, of course, the static one while the Yeti and the roller coaster track are the dynamic ones. WDI created a new CAD software program to aid in the chronology of the contruction process when mulitple stuctures are implemented in close spaces at the same time.

cb3k

Original Poster
The yellow, red, and white tubes coming down from the ceiling in CTX (dinosaur) have chemical formulas on them, seeming to be dangerous reagents. These three formulas are for the horrifically deadly condiments of mustard, ketchup, and mayonaise.

In the original cut of the Enchanted Tiki Room, imagineers used a clean glass pipe to create the large, unbroken vertical stream of water.

EE is three completely separate stuctures, two dynamic and one static. The mountian facade is, of course, the static one while the Yeti and the roller coaster track are the dynamic ones. WDI created a new CAD software program to aid in the chronology of the contruction process when mulitple stuctures are implemented in close spaces at the same time.
That is hilarious about the chemical formulas found on Dinosaur. I've always wondered what those actually were and tried to find hidden meanings..guess you cleared it up.

Since1976

According to Since the World Began (the WDW 25th anniversary book) a fully-functioning wave machine capable of creating waves you could surf was built in Seven Seas Lagoon. It only operated for a few months in 1971, because they realized the manmade beach was eroding too quickly. As of 1996 (the year the book was published), the machinery for the wavemaker was still in the lagoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom