Unusual Disney Fact

disneygoof1

A WDW bus driver ;) told me on my last trip that the Castle and the ToT can both be dismantled within a few hours, if a hurricane ever decides to hit the World...

Oh those bus drivers.

He also said that Walt's head is alive and well, and his brain is the computer that controls IASW.

uh sorry that bus driver lied to you. Three hurricanes hit the world back in 04 and they couldn't do that at all. I know I went through all three.

disneygoof1

I don't think this is correct. The Seven Seas Lagoon is man made, so there was nothing to dredge from it. Bay Lake, if memory serves, was dredged to remove all of the dead wood, and the sand found at the bottom was used to make the "beaches" around Seven Seas Lagoon.

Maybe the gunk and dirt that was hollowed out to make the Seven Seas Lagoon was used to fill in around and above the "first floor" of the Magic Kingdom?

This thread is cool!

Johnny
Actually the gunk and dirt that was hollowed out to make the Seven Seas Lagoon was used to build the first floor or tunnel system of MK!

C&D

Mission Space originally, and during early guest testing, had a much more intense G-load (and it can still be programed at will) but a lot of the early test riders were rendered ill and the ride was tamed down considerablly. During a preview ride for some of the real astronauts from Cape Canaveral, the program was plussed, and the astronauts concurred that the experience was very near a real Shuttle takeoff.

Fantasia freak

the "island" (cirlce of trees) in the middle of MK parking lot is due to a sinkhole that opened up one night while the equipment being used to dig the seven seas lagoon was parked there. Some of the equipment was left in the hole, the hole filled in, and never paved over.

Scott M

One of the more well known Hidden Mickeys is made from a place setting on the table in the Haunted Mansion's Grand Ballroom scene. This place setting's location on the table is changed from time to time, sometimes daily.

Scott

Scott M

In the Tower of Terror lobby, the letters that have fallen of of the directory that are lying at the bottom of the display case spell "evil Tower U R doomed".

Scott

castlecake2.0

In the Tower of Terror lobby, the letters that have fallen of of the directory that are lying at the bottom of the display case spell "evil Tower U R doomed".

Scott

Also in the Tower Lobby there is a desk to the right of you when you enter the front doors. On top of it there is a display of international flags including Canada's maple leaf flag, which was not designed untill the 1960's but is somehow sitting in a lobby of a 1930's hotel.

bauton

Due to an ancient voodoo curse, if every toilet in Disney World is flushed at the same time, the entire world is sucked down into a black hole!!!!

Luckily, Disney was wise to this and placed one toilet in Cinderella's castle under 24 hour armed guard, to ever keep it from being flushed.

They felt that the Castle would be a good place to hide it, as the company would never place anything inside the castle above the restaurant level.

Scott M

...They felt that the Castle would be a good place to hide it, as the company would never place anything inside the castle above the restaurant level.

What will Disney do now that an apartment has been built above the restaurant level?

Are we all now doomed to the abyss that is a black hole? Or did Disney simply not place a toilet in the apartment, thereby eliminating the possibilty of the destruction of life as we know it?

Scott

raven

Fact: When you lauch on Rock 'n' RollerCoaster you r actually going up a hill and you come down the hill through the half loop on the other side of the cobra roll.

Not true. The launch is not on an incline at all. Take a look at the same track layout for a coaster in the Netherlands: http://rcdb.com/ig769.htm

I believe that Walt designed the water ride-through concept that is used in rides like Pirates and IASW, as opposed to the walk-through museum idea.

The Haunted Mansion was never conceived as a boat ride. It was decided from the get go that this would be too slow of a mode of transportation they needed for the special effects. A walk through was decided upon at first but an omnimover (doombuggie) provided the best solution to direct guests attention toward what they wanted them and didn't want them to see.

10Scoot

The buildings on Main Street start out at scale size and then the second and third floors are smaller in size than the first floor to create the illusion that the building is actually taller than it really is.

reptar77

Space mountain is actually taller than the castle but keep the castle a focal point they sunk the track into the ground.

uh sorry that bus driver lied to you. Three hurricanes hit the world back in 04 and they couldn't do that at all. I know I went through all three.

joke (jōk) n.
Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
A mischievous trick; a prank.
An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
Informal
Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

jiminy.cricket

Also in the Tower Lobby there is a desk to the right of you when you enter the front doors. On top of it there is a display of international flags including Canada's maple leaf flag, which was not designed untill the 1960's but is somehow sitting in a lobby of a 1930's hotel.

Interesting! I guess it's also interesting that we use a contemporary American flag in early 20th century America (Main Street). I mean it's expected, but just another "anachronism".

cb3k

Original Poster
Here is something interesting that a CM told me...Walts hand is placed over top of mickeys in the famous partners statue symbolizing his hand over everything he created, as opposed to Roy's hand which is placed palm side up in his statue with minnie to symbolize being the financial element (think of money stacked in palm)...also minnie is sitting in the middle of the bench because in early times it was improper for a girl to be at the end of the bench..this also leaves a spot for mickey to theoretically come and sit. Also look at walts raised hand on his ring finger, there is a little surprise!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom