Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

EpcotServo

May as well knock down the building to fit an Omnimax in... wait. They did that already. And took the Omnimax's with it. There`s no need for Omnimax; Theatre 2 is 220 degrees from side to side. It just needs photography that makes the most of it.

How about an eye-catching preshow followed by a current set of movies with an engaging story, memorable music, get all the effects working again and have a finale as awe-inspiring as the original was when it debued?

Yep, it's designed perfect. All it needs is a little revisioning.

I think UofE could stand to be shortened. While a 38 minute attraction was nice in 1982 since it was such a unique experience, I wonder if there would be any way to shorten it. I know it was designed to be able to fit in 2 separate sets of cars/shows at one time on really busy days. What if they did away with that idea and just streamlined the whole show a bit?

No thank you!

As always...Martin could run EPCOT perfectly.:D

Hey, that was pretty much what I said! He just said it differently than me...
:lol:

Missing20K

May as well knock down the building to fit an Omnimax in... wait. They did that already. And took the Omnimax's with it. There`s no need for Omnimax; Theatre 2 is 220 degrees from side to side. It just needs photography that makes the most of it.

How about an eye-catching preshow followed by a current set of movies with an engaging story, memorable music, get all the effects working again and have a finale as awe-inspiring as the original was when it debued?

Just put in your application for WDI, already! I'm getting pretty fed up with your awesome ideas. :mad::D

JWG

I would be very against that idea.

That's been Disney's MO for its redo of FW pavillions and I think it's largely been a disaster.

In the 80s and 90s you could literally get lost in a pavillion for hours, they immersed you in their core theme ... now?

WoL dead. Seas? Much simpler, quicker experience. Imagination? Closed second level, forgettable much shorter ride. WoM? Replaced with a quickee 'thrill' ride. Horizons? Swapped out for a shorter experience thrill ride. Etc ...

The Land is really the only place you can spend as much or, with Soarin waits, more time than back in EC's grand days.

So shorter isn't what Energy needs.

Something new and innovative that hits on all the new technologies out there is.

~We're changing our name, but not our stripes~

I agree.
And UoE should be easy and cheap because it's all movie screens anyway. Maintain the dino-rama with new audio and record new movies for the screens. Cheapest redo on property. I'd argue to do it right eliminate some of the movie sequencing and add interactive activities such as in the old WoL, but we all know that won't happen...

DoctorPrius

The Ride is currently too focused on oil but we are moving away from that crude/old fashion source to better, more eco-friendly, energy sources. The ride should center on electricity rather than oil.

Ride should be sponsored by either T.Boon Pickens or Tesla Motors (www.teslamotors.com)

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Here's an attempt to show you what I was talking about earlier:
picture.php

That would be too obvious, wouldn't it?

Rob562

I think UofE could stand to be shortened. While a 38 minute attraction was nice in 1982 since it was such a unique experience, I wonder if there would be any way to shorten it. I know it was designed to be able to fit in 2 separate sets of cars/shows at one time on really busy days. What if they did away with that idea and just streamlined the whole show a bit?

Would that be possible? Also, are there any diagrams of the layout of the ride? I'd be interested in that.

There are always two sets of vehicles running in the attraction. And because of that and the attraction timing and ride system, they could only make that attraction shorter by shortening/eliminating the first film in Theater 1 and then shortening the presentation in Theater 2 by the same length. The time it takes one set of vehicles to enter Theater 1, unload, load, watch the film and dispatch into the diorama is exactly the amount of time required for the *other* set of vehicles to go through the diorama and watch the Theater 2 film. Theater 1 is empty for only a few moments between one set of vehicles leaving and the other one returning. The two sets are constantly doing a timed ballet of staying out of each others' way.

That's also why you seem to sit in Theater 1 forever after the pre-show, waiting for the film to start. They need to plan for the amount of time a 100% full theater would require to load, plus a little buffer time. When it reaches the proper synchronization point in the ride cycle, the show starts.

I think it was already linked to earlier in this thread, but this website has all the information you could possibly want to know about UoE and its operation.
http://www.energy.planet7.org/companion/top/mosaic.htm

-Rob

Dayma

Yeah, hopefully they've progressed on it some today, yesterday it was still just that first section on the left with the red, they hadn't painted over the rainbow on the right yet.

As long as it's done by the end of April I will be happy :)

alecshawn

I think in general, Disney, including Epcot, is going "retro".
Which IS a good thing.
Wth all the refurbs and all, i am optimistic about the "rebirth" of disney.
And, yes, i even like SSE refurb!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom