Universal Website now has Disney comparison chart!!

DDuckFan130

Legacy said:
But all it is is an in-text link. It's not like it was an entire page on the site. They stopped the "Pixie Dust" campaign, and the Disney fans STILL aren't content. Now, they provide an informative (though slanted) link that doesn't make Disney look terrible (they omitted some stuff, but so did Uni), and it they are panned for it yet again.

Geeze, you people are getting so worked up over this. This ain't the Pixie Dust campaign... it's a single link.
Hey, weren't you not going to get involved into this discussion? :lol: It just sucked you in huh? I'm just messing with you :wave:

Legacy

maxime29 said:
The main idea is still to attract the average guest to go to Universal. Most people would think that Disney has the better rides (but they wouldn't know the majority of them), so they give the list and "inflate" the value of the popularity/excitement. Although looking at the roller coaster category and seeing "The Flying Unicorn" (a copy of the Barnstormer), as an excuse is somewhat funny.
I don't know how to respond... since that is such a neutral statement (and I thank you for it). It's marketing. That simple. If Disney was in the same spot I'm sure they would do it and sway it in their favor. It's the way the game is played.

I would like to say though, that the Flying Unicorn is NOT a copy of the Barnstormer. They are both considered "kiddie-coasters" although the Unicorn is a much more intense ride. Ride it and you'll feel it.

Brooke

jesserin said:
Honey that has nothing to do with it - This guy has been pushing his way around here like he's the local bully - his comments are rude and he abuses the rep system - I would say nothing of someone who enjoy's both parks, I know many people who do - but someone who fights all the time and acts as if disney lacks so much on Universal is just wrong... both may be nice, but it's pointless to come on a DISNEY board and fight all the time about Universal being better -

Read all his posts before you comment on someone defending themselves... :)

Thanks!

I wasn't referring to all of his posts. All I was referring to was the comment YOU made saying that he shouldn't have a signature that advertises Universal. That's ALL. Sheesh.

jesserin

Actually, being technical and all - wdwmagic himself just posted that we're not to advertise in our sigs for anything... period. so - being that it's a fact - guess I wasn't too off my rocker after all...

still sorry for offending you though...

Legacy

jesserin said:
Actually, being technical and all - wdwmagic himself just posted that we're not to advertise in our sigs for anything... period. so - being that it's a fact - guess I wasn't too off my rocker after all...

still sorry for offending you though...
I know I'm guilty of that, but have requested permission and until I recieve a response I see no reason to remove mine. Considering my site started because of these boards, I know many people here are curious about it.

And Nemo is Nemo.

(Not trying to be a jerk, but responding because it applies to me.)

Fantasmic!329

dxer07002 said:
I just sent a tame email to Universal calling this comparison a joke. Here is my email:

How can you compare what you have to Disney World? I would seriously take that comparison chart down. That chart just shows you guys live too much in a dream world. Sorry to say. All your information is incorrect. And just wait until Disney's 50th celebration. Comparing yourself to Disney is like comparing apples to oranges. You want me to visit Universal Studios? I need free passes. Your park isn't worth the price of spit.

Take that Shrek.

Great letter! I totally agree, I would not, go to Universal without free passes. I know, I know, I am a little slow responding on it.
BTW,the link finally worked for me!

maxime29

Premium Member
Legacy said:
I don't know how to respond... since that is such a neutral statement (and I thank you for it). It's marketing. That simple. If Disney was in the same spot I'm sure they would do it and sway it in their favor. It's the way the game is played.

I would like to say though, that the Flying Unicorn is NOT a copy of the Barnstormer. They are both considered "kiddie-coasters" although the Unicorn is a much more intense ride. Ride it and you'll feel it.

That's how I intended it to be. I like both places so I see this as marketing more than anything else. Like someone said, they wanted to make note that they are indeed a Resort Area. They want to get the word out to say "Come here for xx days and xx nights and enjoy the same things you would expect at parks like Disney."

I was referring to the fact that the Flying Unicorn was a copy as in a similar coaster like Barnstormer: not too big to intimidate people, not necessarily a clone. I find both rides to offer the same thrill as I've been on both (if you can call it a thrill :lol: )

jesserin

Legacy said:
I know I'm guilty of that, but have requested permission and until I recieve a response I see no reason to remove mine. Considering my site started because of these boards, I know many people here are curious about it.

And Nemo is Nemo.

(Not trying to be a jerk, but responding because it applies to me.)
You're not a jerk at all - you've stated your opinions and I respect them... and I am not condeming your sig at all - just sticking up for my post... :D

I actually really enjoyed your link... glad it was there!

And about Nemo being Nemo - I think that's all that needs to be said- to each his own in how they take it.

ROTM

To jesserin,
leave Nemo alone :mad:
Let's figure this out you have been here for five months and nemo has been here for over a year and a half suppling us with quality post and trip reports with pictures on Universal and DISNEY parks. Don't forget that he has over 400 rep. points.

BTW - you have NO CLUE about water rides !

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
joviacdan said:
Universal is an amusement park. Every state has an amusement park with fun rides. I went to Universal, granted it was before IOA, but I wasn't impressed in the least bit.

An amusement park is a place with little to no theming and carnival attractions. USF is NOT an amusement park.

jesserin said:
There are two reasons why I said that - First of all your sig advertises for USO - wrong board there... secondly - I disagree or agree with people all the time - yet b/c you couldn't handle people disagreeing with you - you had to go and bad rep several people here - that shows bad character... thus, Universal Deserves You. I stand by it - just because you have a lot of posts doesn't mean that they are quality or that they relate whatsoever to the origin of this site...

1. I don't have to put a link to a Disney site just because this is a Disney message board. Look at all the other people on this board that have links to non-Disney websites.
2. Looks like this whole reputation thing is the big deal in this thread. You claim that Universal deserves me because I disagreed with a post and gave it a "bad reputation point," but then you and others send bad rep my way with comments like "Universal sucks!" and "Stop being an ______."
3. What does the "quality of posts" have to do with anything? I've been here for two years and I can guarantee you that I would not be here if I was a 'Universal diehard.'

I've read many of your posts and here lately they all revolve back to "universal, this and universal, that"

Give me a break.....

Honey that has nothing to do with it - This guy has been pushing his way around here like he's the local bully - his comments are rude and he abuses the rep system - I would say nothing of someone who enjoy's both parks, I know many people who do - but someone who fights all the time and acts as if disney lacks so much on Universal is just wrong... both may be nice, but it's pointless to come on a DISNEY board and fight all the time about Universal being better -

Pushing my way around here like I'm the local bully? Excuse me ma'am, but I have never been involved in a "fight" here on these boards and I do not "act like Disney lacks so much on Universal." I have every right to be on this board and defend a good theme park chain when I must.

Legacy said:
Where did NemoRocks say that Universal is the only way to go? Most of the posts in this thread have been that Disney is the only way to go. NemoRocks stood up for Universal and now all of a sudden he is the bad guy? I know the situation. I've read the thread, and I have tried to make the Disney vs Universal situation less hostile. However, I felt that they way you responded to Brook was a little out of line as well. We know NemoRocks, and he has proven himself to myself, Brooke and many others on these boards as a very knowledgable theme-park goer. We have been through these arguments countless times, and everytime when someone defends Universal they are nailed for it.

Thanks Jeff. :wave:

jesserin said:
Actually, being technical and all - wdwmagic himself just posted that we're not to advertise in our sigs for anything... period.

First off, he posted that earlier today. And you know why I didn't read it until now? Because I just spent a full day visiting the parks of Walt Disney World.

jesserin

ROTM said:
To jesserin,
leave Nemo alone :mad:
Let's figure this out you have been here for five months and nemo has been here for over a year and a half suppling us with quality post and trip reports with pictures on Universal and DISNEY parks. Don't forget that he has over 400 rep. points.

BTW - you have NO CLUE about water rides !
I'm not sure I can figure you out - you question how long I've been here - and yet you're new... hmm...

jesserin

James~ i'm going to be the bigger person here and apologise for getting so defensive - You bad rep'd me 2 times and called me an idiot. That was uncalled for so I defended myself - however, you are a long standing member - who many people respect - so, taking that into consideration, I apologise for making you feel as if you had to defend yourself so severly. I for one can say honestly that I never bad rep'd you with "universal Sucks" or "stop being an ___" - those were not me - I wouldn't do something back to you that so offended me. So please accept this apology - and let's all move on - As I said to Legacy - "Long Live UO - and Long Live Disney"

Glad you had a good day in the parks!

DDuckFan130

jesserin said:
I'm not sure I can figure you out - you question how long I've been here - and yet you're new... hmm...
A bunch of people here will defend Nemo (including myself) because he's been here so long and he's always been a reliable source of WDW information as well as USF info. Not saying I'm going to attack you or anyone else who's bad repped him, because I'm not. Nemo is entitled to his opinion and if you don't like it or agree with it, don't read it, click the ignore button and move on. Let's just drop it please and not turn this into personal attacks :wave:

EDIT: I just saw your other post...did James sign his name to the "idiot" comments? If not, it wasn't necessarily him. If he did, then well I'd agree with you on it being uncalled for.

Ah, just stop the madness! It's only theme parks! :lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
jesserin said:
James~ i'm going to be the bigger person here and apologise for getting so defensive - You bad rep'd me 2 times and called me an idiot. That was uncalled for so I defended myself - however, you are a long standing member - who many people respect - so, taking that into consideration, I apologise for making you feel as if you had to defend yourself so severly. I for one can say honestly that I never bad rep'd you with "universal Sucks" or "stop being an ___" - those were not me - I wouldn't do something back to you that so offended me. So please accept this apology - and let's all move on - As I said to Legacy - "Long Live UO - and Long Live Disney"

Glad you had a good day in the parks!

First of all, I did not give you rep points twice (that's impossible because the system does not allow it) and I can assure you that I did not call you an idiot....I would never make that as a reputation comment, especially to a woman.

I do accept your apology. I would also like to apologize to you and any other member that I may have angered in this thread. It's just that I'm tired of many Disney fans bashing Universal parks left and right and I am just trying to defend (what I believe) is a great theme park destination.

And yes, I did have a good time in the parks....be sure to check out my photo update in the News & Rumors forum as well. :)

DDuckFan130

NemoRocks said:
First of all, I did not give you rep points twice (that's impossible because the system does not allow it) and I can assure you that I did not call you an idiot....I would never make that as a reputation comment, especially to a woman.

I do accept your apology. I would also like to apologize to you and any other member that I may have angered in this thread. It's just that I'm tired of "Disney diehards" bashing Universal parks left and right and I am just trying to defend a great theme park destination.

And yes, I did have a good time in the parks....be sure to check out my photo update in the News & Rumors forum as well. :)
Phew I was right :lol: I knew you wouldn't do that :sohappy:

Whoever DID do it though, that was really uncalled for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom