Universal Website now has Disney comparison chart!!

jesserin

The thing I couldn't figure out though is that out of all the "extreme" feelings posted yesterday - the one they called me an idiot on was this:

"That is too funny! And the sad part is, that half of it is wrong! They just compared what they have to what Disney has similar - such as water rides? um, hello - two water parks here... They listed 8 characters - to Disney's 50+?? How about the park hopper options? They made it sound like disney has one 5 day pass. that's it.

And I love the Resort one - They said disney has 3 resorts... WHAT??? As for electronic will call... Disney has had this option for years! And Universal said they do not have this option... good grief - they really stetched that one!"

And there were like 20 people who said the exact same thing- in slightly different words... I mean - Okay - I'll give you that a couple of my posts weren't so hot - but that one??? I don't know...

As for the whole rep thing - this is the only Disney board that I belong to that even puts that into effect - and frankly, if you're going to leave a rep - it should automatically connect the name... I mean how else are you going to know if you really screwed up or if it was just some "idiot" (to quote someone out there) who's upset?

James - I'm glad that wasn't you - out of the two I got yesterday I figured it was - but I appreciate that you wouldn't say that...

disneydata

Legacy said:
Nick, nothing against you.

I think it's HILARIOUS when people compare Universal to Disney and incorporate Halloween Horror Nights. HHN is a living, theme-park hell. All it is is a kegger with chainsaws and fog. The Team Members are antsy, the guests are drunk, the streets are packed, it's a nightmare in and of itself. And Nick, I don't know if you expected all the rides to be open, cause they aren't for HHN. And depending on what day you decided to go even less would have been open.

Sorry, had to say that.
I understand. It was actually kind of empty except for the lines for the haunted houses.

I got this information thing from the main entrance with what was supposed to be open and a little less than half weren't for various reasons. Two of the other rides didn't have a line (that Dr. Suess drenching water ride and Dueling Dragons) and I jokingly yelled at the greeter cause he told me "you only get a little wet" :)

Honestly, if I were alone and had the money, I would like to go and explore more. I'm more of a "go with family and friends" guy when it comes to parks and the people I vacation with (fiancee, parents) don't really like Universal. I probably won't be going back unless we move down to Florida (which may be happening!). We're content with staying at Disney and of course the standard one or two day visit to Sea World :D.

Oh, and thanks for not being a jerk about my opinion like some other people. :drevil:

and your movie site is awesome!

Legacy

disneydata said:
Honestly, if I were alone and had the money, I would like to go and explore more. I'm more of a "go with family and friends" guy when it comes to parks and the people I vacation with (fiancee, parents) don't really like Universal. I probably won't be going back unless we move down to Florida (which may be happening!). We're content with staying at Disney and of course the standard one or two day visit to Sea World :D.
That's one of the primary reasons why I like Uni so much. I have been there a lot. I would go to work early (HHN) just to hang in the parks. I roam those things, and know a lot of the little things that most people don't care about. I've seen the loading station of the Driving Machines, and ran around as the Grim Reaper in the Studios on Halloween.

The things that many Disney fans love about Disney, I have done at Universal. It's there, but unfortunately most of them don't care to find it. Yes, Universal isn't perfect. They do have some major flaws (like crowd control), but Disney isn't perfect either.

I have just seen (as of others here), everything Universal has. They have the potential to be another Disney. They just need the oppurtunity (and they will claw every bit of the way to get it).

barnebd5

I gotta say, I respected Universal for some of the moves they made and I thought the commercial with the pixie dust line wasn't very classy but I think this chart made lose all my respect for them.

ltp74

Universal wants people to visit for 2 or 3 days

not spend the whole week at Disney's new "Hotel California you can come in but never leave expect on one of our buses back to the airport" stance. I was in Orlando from 2/5 to 2/12 let me go through some of the chart, they list the amount of theme parks and it seems to me that they are showing that in a seven day orlando visit you can go to all of the parks or if your doing a short trip just come to USF and maybe one Disney park. Roller Coasters is the biggest thing USF has Disney beat on Big Thunder Mtn. and Space Mtn. could be called classics but put them in other parks and they are average, Primeval Whirl is lame, RnRC is good, The Hulk is one of the top coasters in the country and Fire & Ice are very good coasters. On the thrilling attractions side nothing Disney has can compare to Spiderman and USF has nothing like Test Track so that's a wash. ToT whips the Dr. Doom Freefall which they don't even list it's a good free fall ride but nowhere near ToT where the theming makes a ride you find in most parks great. Shrek 4-D is the best of all 3D movies, Mickeys Philharmagic and Bugs Life are great but Shrek looks alot better 3d and picture quality wise along with the moving seats. Back to the Future and Star Tours both need major upgrading. MIB is a better laser gun ride for me because it is geared towards aduts while Buzz is geared towards kids so that would be a wash in my book. The only thing I can really think to compare The Mummy to is Dinosaur and the Mummy is much better. Jimmy Neutron is the best example of fixing a dated and unpopular ride into a winner as it used to be Elroy Jetson's Rocket something. On the characters my niece who is 11 and nephew who is 5 where wanting to see the top Disney characters Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Buzz and didnt care about the characters from older stuff like Chip and Dale who they didnt even know about, The Jungle Book characters where they where like hey its so and so but didnt want to miss ride time seeing them. With the Nicktoons/Sherk characters they where more into them because they watch those shows more and they are marketed to them more. Disney hasnt done enough in my book to promote Mickey and the gang more to the current generation "The Three Muskteers" was a great DVD and should have been in theaters with major ads behind it, I'm thinking that my niece and nephew really wouldnt have been into Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald if I hadnt bought that DVD for them.

Indy95

ltp74 said:
The only thing I can really think to compare The Mummy to is Dinosaur and the Mummy is much better.
How in messy heck can you say that Mummy and Dinosaur are the only ones you can compare? The two are vastly different...and certainly more different than most of the other comparable attractions (flume rides, simulators, 3-D movies, etc.)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Indy95 said:
How in messy heck can you say that Mummy and Dinosaur are the only ones you can compare? The two are vastly different...and certainly more different than most of the other comparable attractions (flume rides, simulators, 3-D movies, etc.)
I will have to agree with that statement.....if there's anything you can compare RotM to, it would have to be RnRc. Dinosaur should be compared with The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man because they both use motion-based vehicles.

Indy95

NemoRocks said:
I will have to agree with that statement.....if there's anything you can compare RotM to, it would have to be RnRc.
And even then, the two have quite a few major dissimilarities.

NemoRocks said:
Dinosaur should be compared with The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man because they both use motion-based vehicles.
Hmmmm...even that one's kind of iffy, because if you think about it MIB, Pooh, and Cat in the Hat also have motion-based vehicles. But SM is certainly closer than Mummy.

ltp74

I was going more with scare/thrill factor

in comparing Mummy and Dinosaur. Disney has nothing really like the Mummy and USF has nothing really like Dinosaur but both try to scare and thrill you, RnRC is a indoor coaster it should be compared with other coasters and Jurassic Park's main purpose is to get you wet.

Captain Chaos

By the way, Universal never responded to my email.. Now that is some customer service huh??? I wrote to Disney and I received two emails from them. One noting they received my email and the second was the response. Two emails compared to none... Now, Universal's guest services really needs a wake up call.

Legacy

dxer07002 said:
By the way, Universal never responded to my email.. Now that is some customer service huh??? I wrote to Disney and I received two emails from them. One noting they received my email and the second was the response. Two emails compared to none... Now, Universal's guest services really needs a wake up call.
Why should they respond? All you were doing was attacking them.

Lynx04

dxer07002 said:

Was the email you sent to Disney a complaint email?

Captain Chaos

No matter how much someone attacks a company, their customer service should always try to respond in some manner to alleviate that person's anger or frustration with that company. We get nasty, often vile emails from our customers and we respond to each and every email, trying to defuse their anger. I would think they would have responded with some kind of message, maybe along thelines of.. WE ARE SORRY FOR YOUR DISPLEASURE WITH UNIVERSAL ORLANDO. WE ASSURE YOU WE TAKE PUBLIC OPINION VERY SERIOUSLY AND WE CONTINUE TO STRIVE TO BRING THE BEST EXPERIENCE TO OUR GUESTS AS POSSIBLE. Even though it would be B.S., at least they would be acknowledge they read their emails, not just the compliments. But oh well, maybe they can't respond properly to harsh comments.

matt88mph

Wow. I go out of town for about a week and a half and I miss a lot.

Anywhatsits (I feel like using words that don't completely make sense), with "The Cold War in the Sunshine State" (as I like to call it), and the arguing in this thread, I feel like going to the top of my roof, putting a pair of speakers up there (in the direction of Orlando) on full blast, and playing "Why Can't We Be Friends?" repeatedly and nonstop. As far as I'm concerned, both parks are great and have no need to be compared to each other. While I have my preference (WDW slightly above USF), I still remain open minded about changes and new additions and subtractions in both parks.

And I'm Spent,

Matt

buxfan76

matt88mph said:
Wow. I go out of town for about a week and a half and I miss a lot.

Anywhatsits (I feel like using words that don't completely make sense), with "The Cold War in the Sunshine State" (as I like to call it), and the arguing in this thread, I feel like going to the top of my roof, putting a pair of speakers up there (in the direction of Orlando) on full blast, and playing "Why Can't We Be Friends?" repeatedly and nonstop. As far as I'm concerned, both parks are great and have no need to be compared to each other. While I have my preference (WDW slightly above USF), I still remain open minded about changes and new additions and subtractions in both parks.

And I'm Spent,

Matt

-totally agree. this will probably never be resolved. what i dont like is how universal put such a negative,cheaper view on disney. i basically put these two parks in comparision like this...
UNIVERSAL-more of the glitzy over the top, corporate, advertising theme park. aimed towards the "party" younger groups. not for families. high tech exciting thrills, but not classics. nighttime entertainment such as bars, and nightclubs til 2 am (people still come dressed up everynight at 10). employees a lot more pushy but still decent service.
a "great" 2 day weekend getaway.
DISNEY- more of the magical vacatoin ideal for anyone. almost not in contrast for Universal. aimed towards the "family" group, but can also greatly appeal for "teenagers". timeless attactions. amazing aura when stepped on disney property. world class service, uncomparable to anything else. a great place to "live".

don't be bias. be opened minded as i say. if u think universal is oh so bad, then go to busch gardens or a state fair.

HMGhost13

As I've said in the past, I use to love Universal (Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, ing Kong, etc) but the last time we went was September 2001. When are we going back? Dunno. They've removed all aspects of Ghostbusters (check www.protoncharging.com)
so I care not for what they have. We were able to do a good portion of IOA in one day because of the unfortunate events of that month (we went right after the attacks but moving on) but we realised: any other time of the year and it'd take forever to do the rides. We (my family) are not very big roller coaster riders. I myself am afraid of heights so I won't go on hulk or dueling dragons or the dr. doom free fall thing.

in the end we ended up joining the DVC and what not. Been almost 4 years since our last trip to Universal and for me personally it'll be much longer til I DO go back. Only because now I can go do Disney whenever I want.

figmentfan

To quote myself:

"Why Compare?"

Don't compare WDW and Universal. They are two different Resort areas that offer the same thrills but on different levels.

Some people want to ride Spider-Man 10 times in a row, and some people might want to ride Dumbo 10 times in a row. It's all about what makes you HAPPY and enjoying your vacation. If you like WDW, then go to WDW, if you Universal, then go to Universal.

Don't be stressed on your vacation, have fun and be HAPPY! :)

WDWShawn

Let's just break it down to one thing, corporate America's bottom-line. Disney is THE God of all entertainment companies, consistently in the black by millions of dollars each year, whereas Universal has not made a single dime of profit since its inception. NBC didn't even want the piece of garbage here in Orlando, though they have decided to stay on for another year in order to increase the visibility of its now faltering network. Money is power, as well as showing who takes in the most guests, and Disney has it all in both respects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom