Universal Website now has Disney comparison chart!!

dmmgp2000

Original Poster
Hey,
Check this out, I just saw this today. I was trying to help a buddy of mine out with prices to Universal, so I was on their web site when I saw a link that said "Compare to Disney". I clicked there and turns out there is this huge side by side chart that compares Universal with Disney, trying to convince people that Universal is the better place to go. I know we've discussed their commercials about the "fairy tales and pixie dust" not being your thing, but this was kinda funny. Here is the link...once there, click on "compare to Disney".

https://tickets.universalstudios.com/USRG/us_store_secure2.jsp?merchant=UO

jesserin

That is too funny! And the sad part is, that half of it is wrong! They just compared what they have to what Disney has similar - such as water rides? um, hello - two water parks here... They listed 8 characters - to Disney's 50+?? How about the park hopper options? They made it sound like disney has one 5 day pass. that's it.

And I love the Resort one - They said disney has 3 resorts... WHAT??? As for electronic will call... Disney has had this option for years! And Universal said they do not have this option... good grief - they really stetched that one!

LilDucky

Lol!!! this is hilarious! Things omitted:

Universal on special events: They have grad bash, but Disney doesnt. Hmmm...news to me... I thought they had...what are they called...? Grad nights.

Thrilling attractions: they listed Jimmy Neutron as one. If they can have this on the list, why not add Buzz?

Character meeting ops: What happened to character meals?

Looks like they'll have to change some things when Disney kicks off their 50th...

WDWScottieBoy

I love how they only show the same or less amount of things as Universal for Disney. They're like, let's put all of our rides and compare them to 1/10 of what Disney has. The Disney special holidays and festivals, they only put like 1/10 of those as well.

That's funny that they put a comparison chart on there, because the fact is, they can't compare!

dmmgp2000

Original Poster
WDWScottieBoy said:
I love how they only show the same or less amount of things as Universal for Disney. They're like, let's put all of our rides and compare them to 1/10 of what Disney has. The Disney special holidays and festivals, they only put like 1/10 of those as well.

That's funny that they put a comparison chart on there, because the fact is, they can't compare!

You nailed it right on the head ScottieBoy. This is the ultimate lame attempt to try to convince people that they are better than Disney when in fact they are not. Is it a nice place to visit and hang out? Yes, but to try to make it sound like they offer more than Disney by leaving out most of what Disney has to offer is just lame in my opinion.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
jesserin said:
such as water rides? um, hello - two water parks here...

Who cares about two water parks? They were just listing water RIDES at the theme parks.

They listed 8 characters - to Disney's 50+??

Disney characters including....

And I love the Resort one - They said disney has 3 resorts... WHAT???

2003 AAA Four Diamond Award Hotels

LilDucky said:
Thrilling attractions: they listed Jimmy Neutron as one. If they can have this on the list, why not add Buzz?

Hmmm....maybe because BLSRS is a non-thrilling Omnimover while Neutron is a motion simulator attraction?

WDWScottieBoy said:
The Disney special holidays and festivals, they only put like 1/10 of those as well.

With the exception of Grad Nights and the Food and Wine Festival, all special events were listed.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

It's kinda funny, all that it really did was sell me on Disney. Let's see, Jaws and Back to the Future/ TOT and Mission: Space....hhhmmmmm.

As nice of a park that IOA was, spiderman was the only thing I would have to go back for, even then I wouldn't trade anything disney for that.

All their list does is shows how little they really have in comparison.

dmmgp2000

Original Poster
General Grizz said:
Perhaps we should place Universal and Disney debates on par with political commentary. :lookaroun :D

yeah, seriously...this thread is starting to get more interesting than I ever anticipated...hehe :lol:

xfkirsten

The characters one is the one that cracks me up the most. Yes, it does say "including," but it's just that advertising slant. That whole "essentially true, but not telling the whole story" deal. Like, leaving out the part about just how many characters Disney has. :lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
PeterPan1031 said:
They are Retards at Universal they copy every single thing disney does. Universal can't compare to disney. What idiots.

Oh really? That's a pretty lame excuse. Amusement parks before Disneyland and Walt Disney World had been using rides similar to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (ride-through shooting gallery), Splash Mountain (log flume), Kali River Rapids (water rapids ride), Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (mine train coaster), Snow White's Scary Adventure and other Fantasyland attractions (dark rides), Captain EO (3-D shows), and Rock 'n Roller Coaster (a park in Europe uses the same exact track design and was built before RnRc).

And yes, Universal can compare to Disney. :D

martinthesparta said:
Let's see, Jaws and Back to the Future/ TOT and Mission:Space....hhhmmmmm.

I know I'd take Jaws over M:S any day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom