Universal Website now has Disney comparison chart!!

DDuckFan130

ogryn said:
I'm sure the Walt Disney Company will love to know that they have you in their corner. Sigh :rolleyes:
Just have to say I love your posts. They pretty much summarize what's been going on in this thread. :sohappy:

I won't even go into this discussion...yes I love WDW more and haven't been to USF in a while. However, USF holds many special memories for me that have been captured in photographs and videos. If they want to strategize and try to get some of WDW's attendance...who cares?! Get over it people! As long as you love WDW and/or USF, why do you have to break your backs trying to get everyone else on your side? There are much more important things in life to worry about than whether Universal or Disney are misleading us.

Now if you'll excuse me, we have more important matters to discuss in the Huggle Thread :lookaroun

jesserin

I love how Disney has no need whatsoever to compare themselves to Universal - they just act like they don't exist - they don't do smear campaigns, they don't do comparison charts - they don't ever even mention them... ever! I love that about Disney, they are confident in who they are - they know they're the best - and they just leave it at that...

Lynx04

jesserin said:
I love how Disney has no need whatsoever to compare themselves to Universal - they just act like they don't exist - they don't do smear campaigns, they don't do comparison charts - they don't ever even mention them... ever! I love that about Disney, they are confident in who they are - they know they're the best - and they just leave it at that...

It is easy to be confident when you have the largest theme park resort in the world.

And yes, Universal is inferior to Disney. But even though they are inferior and smaller, the still pack a strong punch, with attractions that are on par with WDW's attraction.

If USF Resort was located next to DL, then the competition would be closer

CTXRover

Brooke said:
I think Universal is smart to do a chart like that

I agree. A chart like that is trying to show they are a resort destination of similar value as WDW. They continue to struggle with portraying that image. In some ways, it is. In many others ways, it isn't. The chart is bound to fool people, and its omissions indicate that must have been the purpose. Personally, the reason I thinks its a shame is that underneath it all it shows the theme park "enthusiasts" that they continue to feel inferior to WDW and they continue to live in its shadow. They should have more faith in what they have to offer. Instead, I suppose the folks at UO feel they need to create a chart that leaves out a lot on the Disney side in order to "fool" people. Nothing they have in the chart is technically wrong, its just incredibly inaccurate. Nearly all of their bigger attractions are listed in their column. Only a handful at the Disney's four parks are listed. A true comparison chart would show Disney with much greater overall value, and I'm sure they know it.

Legacy

CTXRover said:
A true comparison chart would show Disney with much greater overall value, and I'm sure they know it.
Of course it would, but that would defeat the purpose of the chart for Universal.

:brick:

Why can't Disney zealots just let Universal be? You should be happy that they are such a great competitor. Do you really think you would be getting Everest if Universal wasn't a player?

CTXRover

Legacy said:
Of course it would, but that would defeat the purpose of the chart for Universal.

:brick:

Why can't Disney zealots just let Universal be?

That's my point. They should have never even created the chart to begin with and they should stop trying to compare and start relying on what they have to offer. A chart like this only creates questions and shows me at least that UO still doesn't have the confidence in themselves that they should. Why else create a chart with such obvious omissions? They have a lot of great stuff, but again its wrapped up in an effort trying to show "hey, we're kind of like WDW, which must be your obvious first choice for a vacation to the area if you're looking at this chart. Please come to our park though instead."

As for letting Universal be, just remember, this thread was started because Universal technically spurred its creation ;)

beauty_Belle27

dxer07002 said:
I just sent a tame email to Universal calling this comparison a joke. Here is my email:

How can you compare what you have to Disney World? I would seriously take that comparison chart down. That chart just shows you guys live too much in a dream world. Sorry to say. All your information is incorrect. And just wait until Disney's 50th celebration. Comparing yourself to Disney is like comparing apples to oranges. You want me to visit Universal Studios? I need free passes. Your park isn't worth the price of spit.

Take that Shrek.
I love it!

Brooke

Indy95 said:
:sohappy: Finally somebody agrees with me!

Because then they would be admitting that they are jealous of Disney's success, and are trying to imitate Disney to steal their audience. Which, on the whole of human history, has never worked, unless something original comes out of it, which it hasn't.

A park that has confidence enough in itself to warrant a finding of its own audience, instead of trying to blatantly steal someone else's. The creation of this chart tells me that Universal does NOT think that it is better than Disney, so they are trying to convince people that they are. If they truly thought that they were better than Disney, they wouldn't need to compare themselves. Notice how Disney doesn't compare itself to Universal. Why? Because Disney knows its audience, and knows that Universal is not a threat to them.

[Begin Rant=Me]

Ah, Universal fans. How hypocritical you truly are.

"Universal doesn't copy off of Disney! Everything is original!"

And then here comes the "comparison chart," and now it's

"Look, Universal has the same stuff Disney has...but we're better!"

Sigh. Thank you. Your pitiful and meaningless nature gives me confidence that I choose my sides wisely. Universal, as many people have said, truly does deserve people like you.

Wow. I ADORE Disney. But I like Universal just the same. Who CARES which park is "better" in YOUR opinion? Why is your opinion more important than mine? Because you seem to think that it is.

All I was saying is that any theme park in the world (not just Universal but Six Flags, Sea World, etc.) would want Disney's attendance figures because Disney has the highest attendance. And any theme park would want the highest attendance. OBVIOUSLY.

Disney can never be officially "better" than Universal because different people have different opinions. A lot of people think that Universal is better. A lot of people think that Disney is better. THAT DOESN'T MAKE EITHER OF THEM BETTER. I'm sure that a lot of people think that Six Flags is the best park ever but that doesn't mean it is.

I'm sorry that you are such a jerk. Please grow up and learn to accept other peoples OPINIONS! It's just a message board. Attacking people because of their opinions is just PITIFUL AND MEANINGLESS.

Legacy

CTXRover said:
As for letting Universal be, just remember, this thread was started because Universal technically spurred its creation ;)
At least it acknowledges its competition, rather than try to act like Disney doesn't exist.

SpectroMan

Brooke said:
I'm sure that a lot of people think that Six Flags is the best park ever but that doesn't mean it is.

I truly doubt that one. If there is a person like that, they are ignorant of Cedar Point, Busch Gardesn, Universal, and Disney.

On your earlier post about Univerdal having more E-ticket rides, are you serious? They might have more E-tickets than a single Disney park, but it is clear that Disney has many more E-ticket rides through out the property and also MANY MORE rides that are not your rollercoaster-type E-ticket.

CTXRover

Legacy said:
At least it acknowledges its competition, rather than try to act like Disney doesn't exist.

Why is that a good thing? I agree that it is a definite must for both companies to acknowledge and realize there is competition in the market. Its what keeps both resorts on their toes and gives them the necessary incentive to try and build bigger, better things, ultimately only benefiting us as guests. But when it comes to marketing to potential visitors, from Universal's perspective, I don't see the necessity of reminding everyone about Disney. Like Disney, they should feel confident in their offerings. They've already got what they need to lure people to UO sitting right there on their own land. How is reminding people who visit the UO site that WDW is right down the road helpful for them? Even at its worst, the comparison chart paints Disney as a pretty good place to spend your vacation $$$. The only good thing about the chart for Universal that I can see is if the intent was on showing how they too are an all-inclusive resort destination like WDW. That I can understand. But it still would be better to just forgo the misleading chart all together.

As an addition to what I said on why can't Universal just be left alone, they are the ones who first felt the need to compare, thus I see nothing wrong in folks here correcting it.

DDuckFan130

Brooke said:
Wow. I ADORE Disney. But I like Universal just the same. Who CARES which park is "better" in YOUR opinion? Why is your opinion more important than mine? Because you seem to think that it is.

All I was saying is that any theme park in the world (not just Universal but Six Flags, Sea World, etc.) would want Disney's attendance figures because Disney has the highest attendance. And any theme park would want the highest attendance. OBVIOUSLY.

Disney can never be officially "better" than Universal because different people have different opinions. A lot of people think that Universal is better. A lot of people think that Disney is better. THAT DOESN'T MAKE EITHER OF THEM BETTER. I'm sure that a lot of people think that Six Flags is the best park ever but that doesn't mean it is.

I'm sorry that you are such a jerk. Please grow up and learn to accept other peoples OPINIONS! It's just a message board. Attacking people because of their opinions is just PITIFUL AND MEANINGLESS.
Very nice post :wave:

Legacy

CTXRover said:
Why is that a good thing? I agree that it is a definite must for both companies to acknowledge and realize there is competition in the market. Its what keeps both resorts on their toes and gives them the necessary incentive to try and build bigger, better things, ultimately only benefiting us as guests. But when it comes to marketing to potential visitors, from Universal's perspective, I don't see the necessity of reminding everyone about Disney. Like Disney, they should feel confident in their offerings. They've already got what they need to lure people to UO sitting right there on their own land. How is reminding people who visit the UO site that WDW is right down the road helpful for them? Even at its worst, the comparison chart paints Disney as a pretty good place to spend your vacation $$$. The only good thing about the chart for Universal that I can see is if the intent was on showing how they too are an all-inclusive resort destination like WDW. That I can understand. But it still would be better to just forgo the misleading chart all together.

As an addition to what I said on why can't Universal just be left alone, they are the ones who first felt the need to compare, thus I see nothing wrong in folks here correcting it.
Universal KNOWS it has to beat Disney. It has nobody else on its radar. They also know that they have to pull people from Disney. Disney is the Standard, and people will always compare Universal to Disney. It's not the parks themselves, it's the guests. All of you do it. You just compare Universal to Disney, and then when Universal does the same you condemn it even more. I have no problem with people disliking one park or the other, but this chart is a simple marketing strategy. If Disney started losing a significant number of guests to Universal they would probably do the same. Who you condemn them for it as well?

Of course you wouldn't, because it's Disney.

The guests compare, you compare, I compare. That's what happens when you have two world-class resorts mere minutes from each other. It's a choice, and Universal is doing what it can to sway that choice in their favor. Don't blame the parks for the comparisons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom