Universal vs. Disney

agent86

if u ask me Disney definitely beats Universal. At least for now. Disney has four theme parks, Universal has 2. Disney has 2 water parks, Universal has none. Disney has Downtown Disney which is way bigger that Universal's City Walk. Disney has like 30 something resorts???? Universal has like 3? Disney has way more extra stuff to do as well. I mean they have mini golf, and horse back riding, and anything else u could want. Until Universal has all of that I dont see how u can really even compare the two.

Just my opinion.....

So more is better in other words? By that reckoning, your average Six Flags park is better than any individual Disney park because they tend to list more attractions. :hammer:

I agree with Albino_Pygmy....quality over quantity any day!!

agent86

Ok, maybe the bold faced liar was a bit of an exaggeration, but, still, I did not make up my experience.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that at the very least, it wasn't a major exaggeration of what really occurred.

I did notice you skipped how I said I would go back to Universal once the bad taste of this experience was gone...

That part of your post had nothing to do with what I was talking about. So no one is allowed to respond to any part of your post unless they respond to every individual point you make?? :hammer:

Pete C

if u ask me Disney definitely beats Universal. At least for now. Disney has four theme parks, Universal has 2. Disney has 2 water parks, Universal has none. Disney has Downtown Disney which is way bigger that Universal's City Walk. Disney has like 30 something resorts???? Universal has like 3? Disney has way more extra stuff to do as well. I mean they have mini golf, and horse back riding, and anything else u could want. Until Universal has all of that I dont see how u can really even compare the two.

Just my opinion.....

I agree about the parks for the most part, but CityWalk is much better than Downtown Disney. I was just at DD this past weekend. Aside from the West Side, DD is looking VERY long in the tooth right now. Pleasure Island is dead and the area looks extremely dated. CityWalk has much more of a pulse and excitement about it. The restaurants are better, the clubs are better...the atmosphere as a whole is better. Others may disagree, but that's my take on it.

WDW1974

I agree about the parks for the most part, but CityWalk is much better than Downtown Disney. I was just at DD this past weekend. Aside from the West Side, DD is looking VERY long in the tooth right now. Pleasure Island is dead and the area looks extremely dated. CityWalk has much more of a pulse and excitement about it. The restaurants are better, the clubs are better...the atmosphere as a whole is better. Others may disagree, but that's my take on it.

I agree.

And since Disney hasn't been able to snag anyone to sign on the dotted line (beyond the one restaurant that is opening this spring) The Site Formerly Known as Pleasure Island may be a dead zone for a very long time.

Captain Chaos

So more is better in other words? By that reckoning, your average Six Flags park is better than any individual Disney park because they tend to list more attractions. :hammer:

Disney has more quality attractions than Universal does...

yankspy

Quality is a highly subjective word. I think this whole argument is a bit odd because of the subjective nature of the topic. Burninup4nick did make the case that Disney does offer more than just parks. One could very easily spend a few days in Disney without stepping foot into a park.

As far as attractions, who knows? Each has their merits. So in the end, I like both. Problem solved.:)

Captain Chaos

I find it extremely difficult to believe that at the very least, it wasn't a major exaggeration of what really occurred.

That part of your post had nothing to do with what I was talking about. So no one is allowed to respond to any part of your post unless they respond to every individual point you make?? :hammer:

Again, I was there, you weren't so no need to continue debating with you.. You believe Universal is better, top notch, and rules.. That's fine.. You are allowed to.. I know what happened that day, that's all I need...

The way you defend Universal and knock Disney makes me wonder what your agenda really is... Are you an undercover Universal agent trying to steal 5 guests from Disney in order to double Universal's attendance????? :lookaroun

Are you an undercover Universal agent trying to steal 5 guests from Disney in order to double Universal's attendance????? :lookaroun

If by getting people to visit Universal and ditching Disney as a wake up call to the bean counters at Disney as a sign that we as guests aren't going to take it anymore, then yes, we'll be secret agents. I like being secretive, and agent means I get to play with cool expensive pointless stuff, so count me in!

agent86

If by getting people to visit Universal and ditching Disney as a wake up call to the bean counters at Disney as a sign that we as guests aren't going to take it anymore, then yes, we'll be secret agents. I like being secretive, and agent means I get to play with cool expensive pointless stuff, so count me in!

Name's Pygmy....Albino Pygmy! :lol:

agent86

Again, I was there, you weren't so no need to continue debating with you..

You're right, I wasn't there...but only because I was busy chatting it up with Elvis and Bigfoot on the spaceship that abducted all three of us.

Of course, that story is only slightly more believable than yours. :hammer:

Missing20K

I agree.

And since Disney hasn't been able to snag anyone to sign on the dotted line (beyond the one restaurant that is opening this spring) The Site Formerly Known as Pleasure Island may be a dead zone for a very long time.

It's unfortunate Disney only seems interested in outsourcing restaurants and shops in the DD and elsewhere on property. With the creative talent at their disposal, I would think they could come up with far better restaurant and retail ideas than regurgitated semi-franchises.

I wonder if some of the clubs could be remodeled into, gasp, suites. They could use up the spaces, create more rooms on property (which seems to be another huge priority), and maybe help to foster a better atmosphere in the area. Keep two or three clubs (I know, pretty much out of the question, I'm just brainstorming), have a few restaurants and shops, and a 5 or 10 dozen condos or suites, and maybe it could have a brighter future than what seems to be currently on the blueprints. Just a thought I had.

I'm going to do my best to get some news or rumors up in this thread.....So speaking of the CW vs. DD debate.....Will Disney just let the PI area and the huge spaces there rot ala River Country?? Seems like the longer it takes to get the area rehabbed and become a more popular destination, the greater the chance it just becomes another RC, POP Legendary, WOL, etc., etc., etc...

raven

Fast Pass at Disney = Free, Express Pass at Universal = $40

Disney parks open right now at 9AM with all rides operating (unless they are under rehab), Universal opens at 10AM with a lot of rides not operating until noon.

Disney parks are open to at least 6PM and some parks later right now, Universal closes promtly at 6PM.

All of this and it's still more expensive to visit Universal than Disney this month. Even with 'quality' it just isn't worth it to me personally.

raven

A lot of rides not operating until noon? What rides would those be?

Lets see, when I went it was MIB, Jaws, Disaster, Twister, and ET leaving Simpsons and The Mummy to be crowded until the others opened. Also most of the shops and restaurants weren't open either until noon. Kinda left us with only 2 places to go. I don't know that this happens all the time (friends have also stated this) but it did when we were there and the employees acted like it was normal.

Universal isn't the only place that I've experienced this at though. Cedar Point in Ohio is notorious for not opening most of their 17 coasters until 2PM when the park opens at 9Am. Yet they still charge full price too. :(

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Not if you stay there, unlike Disney

Disney parks open right now at 9AM with all rides operating (unless they are under rehab), Universal opens at 10AM with a lot of rides not operating until noon.

Bollocks, many rides have staggered start times, have you been to MGM at opening?

Disney parks are open to at least 6PM and some parks later right now, Universal closes promtly at 6PM.

Is Disney 6pm different from Universal 6pm?

All of this and it's still more expensive to visit Universal than Disney this month. Even with 'quality' it just isn't worth it to me personally.

Its all about taste.

fyi

Disney = long standby queues due to FP, Universal = shorter queue time and hardly anyone in Express except those staying on property, or those that really do want to waste money to wait in a shorter line.

What about World Showcase? Toontown? Heck, even Jungle Cruise used to open at 10 when the parks open at 9 (not sure if they ever went back to opening at 10 again.) Also, Disney has considered and sure will shorten hours at AK, open Africa and Asia an hour or two LATER than a later opening time, and close the parksk an hour earlier. Universal hasn't cut hours (what you're considering to be shorter hours have been part of their normal yearly schedule) or have attractions that open after the park does. Jaws is the only exception.

Oh really? That's news to me. Universal has always offered great deals to get you to visit, whereas Disney offers cheap gimmicks such as the thought you might actually win a hat or a keychain, and get to see a reused parade under a new name and consider those 'new additions' enough to raise prices even more. Universal is the better deal IMO.

Captain Chaos

Lets see, when I went it was MIB, Jaws, Disaster, Twister, and ET leaving Simpsons and The Mummy to be crowded until the others opened. Also most of the shops and restaurants weren't open either until noon. Kinda left us with only 2 places to go. I don't know that this happens all the time (friends have also stated this) but it did when we were there and the employees acted like it was normal.

Universal isn't the only place that I've experienced this at though. Cedar Point in Ohio is notorious for not opening most of their 17 coasters until 2PM when the park opens at 9Am. Yet they still charge full price too. :(

Why even bother with an argue? It isn't worth it.. The Universal Operatives have inflatrated these boards and are trying to stir up trouble... Let them be...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom