Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

cheezbat

Even the 'tea cup' ride with no RVs yet? Or the water ride in HTTYD that doesn't have water in it?
Ok wasn’t counting the off the shelf (more basic) rides. While this carousel will be a new take, it’s still a flat ride. The splash battle ride is no different than any other aside from the theming. I was more or less referring to all the bigger rides that need far more time to test and adjust.

Comped

Coming Summer 2025!

Coming 2025!

Coming Summer 2025!
Interesting. I had always heard it was Spring 2025...
Most of the rides are already well into construction. Some are already testing, which will go a long way towards making sure they're ready.
University is already hiring a boatload of commissioning attendants, for what's that's worth. The supervisor at my interview claimed that rides weren't being tested quite yet... Though she could have been lying!
that was previously leaked on the internal team member site
It's available on the free internet for some reason!

DarkMetroid567

One of my former co-workers told me she'd been assign to T&A (Test and Adjust you dirty minded people - lol) for one of the dark rides (she wouldn't tell me which one) so at least one ride is already functional.
Not always. I was T&A for Rise of the Resistance where T&A consisted of looping the pre-show elements over and over again, hehe.

JT3000

University is already hiring a boatload of commissioning attendants, for what's that's worth. The supervisor at my interview claimed that rides weren't being tested quite yet... Though she could have been lying!
Not sure why they said that, but we've seen all of the coasters testing for weeks. The only real question marks are the indoor attractions.

Comped

Not sure why they said that, but we've seen all of the coasters testing for weeks. The only real question marks are the indoor attractions.
I didn't have the sources on me at the time to back up that though, and didn't want to argue. Wouldn't matter, I didn't get the job anyway. But I found it deeply odd...

J4546

just watched a video from overhead of the werewolf coaster and 2 things..

1. it says its a 2 minute ride but seems like 45 seconds and
2. seems like ride capicity will be terrible with only 1 car on the track at a time lol

WDWFREAK53

just watched a video from overhead of the werewolf coaster and 2 things..

1. it says its a 2 minute ride but seems like 45 seconds and
2. seems like ride capicity will be terrible with only 1 car on the track at a time lol
There may be a show scene prior to the launch out of the station. This pic might be after leaving the loading station as it makes a turn prior to the launch into the forest.
I do agree about the capacity!!!

Looking at the picture some more...it appears to be in 3D but nobody is wearing glasses. I wonder if this is similar to those "3D" screens on buildings where the image extends beyond the "fake frame" to make it appear to bust out.

Attachments

• 3-Curse-of-the-Werewolf-1024x576.jpg
    3-Curse-of-the-Werewolf-1024x576.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

TalkToEthan

Disney and Universal still by and large play by the 1960’s “rules” with hourly throughput.

If those two decided that attractions should service 2500+ per hour it would be done. Shamefully It’s all about lack of priority and practice.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of our friends from outside the former Monsters Cafe in Universal Studios Florida. The Gill Man, Werewolf, and Frankenstein characters. Seen here in an Epic Universe construction staging area.
1723672457723.png

Aerial photo that locals might like to see, of Universal roads North of the Epic Blvd intersection in Destination Pwy.Epic Universe parking toll plaza is top center.
1723672486014.png

Aerial photos of classic monsters that were formerly seen outside of Monsters Cafe in Universal Studios Florida. Currently in an Epic Universe construction staging area.
1723672530772.png
1723672540602.png
1723672553977.png

At top right of this aerial photo is working underway to pave a new section of Epic Universe guest parking. A construction staging area is shrinking as some phases of the project are completing.
1723672591263.png

Aerial look at Celestial Park areas near Helios Grand Hotel in Epic Universe.
1723672618959.png

Aerial photo of at construction staging area of Epic Universe.At top right are some of our friends from Universal Studios Florida. The Gill Man, Wolf Man, and Frankenstein figures that formerly greeted guests at Monsters Cafe.
1723672649062.png

Aerial photo of a sculpture being assembled in Luna Overlook at Epic Universe. Her knee is seen below the scaffolding, at sculpted froth of water.Water will flow from here through a cascade and into the center of the park.
1723672679609.png

Aerial photo of Helios Grand Hotel at Epic Universe. Park entrance is the green tower at top left.
1723672712031.png

trr1

https://x.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of Curse of the Werewolf in continuous testing. The spinning roller coaster in Dark Universe at Epic Universe. Cars have medallions on the side with a running wolf.
1723672870613.png

Aerial overview of the entrance of Epic Universe.
1723673196196.png

Aerial photo of an Epic Universe construction staging area with theming elements for Super Nintendo World. Including turrets for Peach's Castle at top center.
1723673220124.png

Aerial look at road bed construction in the raised traffic circle near Epic Universe. Road at left leads to day guest parking.
1723673254073.png

Aerial overview of construction of a statue at Luna Overlook in Epic Universe.Guests will have a view here spanning all of Celestial Park to Helios Grand Hotel.
1723673289775.png

Aerial look across part of Donkey Kong Country in Epic Universe.
1723673317288.png

Aerial look at construction of Luna Overlook at front of Epic Universe. A statue is being assembled at top of a cascading water feature that flows into the park.
1723673372959.png

In this aerial photo is a mirror glass reflection at Atlantic restaurant. Of construction of a cascading water feature in Epic Universe.
1723673401134.png

WDWFREAK53

I love the idea with the lighting and it feels like thats a huge focus with Celestial Park...my only concern is that Universal Parks close fairly early and the amount of time during a day where the lights can be appreciated is pretty minimal. I just hope this means a change is happening where the parks will be open later.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Video: a peek at how the drones operate in the Universal CineSational show.Many drones seen moving between locations unlit. Some picking up ambient light more than others.

Sunlight reflected off of Terra Luna resort to the side of Stella Nova resort.
1723843320478.png
Universal recently stated that there are 144,000 colorful reflective tiles each on the exteriors of Stella Nova and Terra Luna resorts. Tiles are also stainless steel, with dichroic color introduced from acid baths. The shiny steel tiles seen in groups here are untreated.
1723843349783.png
Base of Terra Luna resort being painted pale blue.
1723843427259.png
Current theming of Chronos at right. The Epic Universe entrance tower.Also seen in distance is current work at Frankenstein Manor. Tower not yet roofed. Decorative elements of the manor's lower roof line are seen left and right.Top of a Piranha Plant seen at left.
1723843459265.png
Current themed roof on the large dome at top of Helios Grand Hotel. A lounge below will have outdoor areas with tall glass walls (similar to Aventura Hotel).
1723843487916.png
Current theming at top of Helios Grand Hotel. The in-park resort of Epic Universe.
1723843520405.png
Current view of Helios Grand Hotel.In foreground is work for the Epic Universe parking toll plaza.At right are tracks of Stardust Racers roller coaster. Also a dragon house at base of the mountain in The Isle of Berk.
1723843559436.png

DarkMetroid567

Um, just found this in Orlando Buisness Journal from Jeff Polk. Looks like we get a little glimpse into Battle at the Ministry.

I think this is at least some degree wrong. We know MoM isn’t trackless, and AR integration would probably be both worthless and redundant at a park with Mario Kart.

The “wands and wrist bands” part makes me believe that the author is confusing the ride’s features with other Epic Universe attractions, because wrist bands wouldn’t make a lot of sense if he’s not talking about SNW’s power-up bands.

lazyboy97o

I love the idea with the lighting and it feels like thats a huge focus with Celestial Park...my only concern is that Universal Parks close fairly early and the amount of time during a day where the lights can be appreciated is pretty minimal. I just hope this means a change is happening where the parks will be open later.
Hopefully with how much they are investing in nighttime spectacular infrastructure they’ll decide to keep the park open later to actually get some use out of the stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom